FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

I can be accused of many things, but thinking uncritically isn't one of them. I just happen to enjoy Disney in a different way from you. If buying into the magic makes me brainless in your eyes, so be it.

Eh i agree to a point but you also cant get caught up too much. Its important to be critical to something you love and appreciate. Unless of course you also love the direction. The overall direction of the parks is worse off...for most people. Is how i feel. Look i love disney but theres a reason i have universal APs and not disney ones atm. (Not selling them to me is part of that...not caring i exsist is another)

dovetail65

Rome or Paris are incredibly competitive cities and there are ways to visit them on a budget. There is little to no wlines that cost 1ays these days of Disney on a low budget with the way the mouse controls prices. I have seen broadway shows and stayed in Manhattan for less money than Disney a few times just before covid and Disney is even more expensive now.

I think it is healthy to enjoy a product but still hold a company accountable for keeping that product to a high standard and a fair value. It's sad to see such a prevelence these days of pro corporate people who often aren't even shareholders in companies like Disney argue that they have a right and a duty to make as much money possible with the least effort to actually earn that money when they cut service and raise prices instead of investing in the products.
Really?? No way to visit Disney on budget. ? You can get a 2 bedroom 2 bath over 1500 sq feet with one balcony overlooking a lake and another balcony on the other side of the unit overlooking the fireworks less than 1 mile outside the WDW line near Disney Springs that cost 165 night.

The hotels within Disney cost what they cost because of guests, not Disney. They sell out 6 months in advance at those prices and the overhead is monstrous. If the Contemporary did not book the rooms they do they very well might only cost only 200 a night. No business is going to charge 200.00 a night when the demand at the higher prices still sell. If the room at the Contemp was 200 a night it would be booked ten years out! The trick is to charge as much as humanly possibly to get a 90% occupancy and Disney apparently does that at 650 a night. So go to Paris on a budget, but please do not compare a cheap 108.00 room in Paris, to a top of the line 650.00 room on a monorail system steps from MK, that in today's dollars would cost billions to build.

I love Disney, but we decided we could not spend what those rooms cost anymore so we bought a second home near AK(6 minutes form the door). 8 months of my payments including everything, cable , electric mortgage, Insurance, fees, cost us what one 21 stay at the resort cost us on two different trips. That was our solution, but there are so many other ways to go to WDW on a budget.

Anyone can Motel 6 it and still be closer to the parks than many Disney hotels. It is the person themselves to decide if for them a Disney trip must be at a Disney hotel. The parks themselves are just not that expensive, heck I pay more going to one Bears game on a Sunday for massive traffic and a 3 hour game than a day at any Park!

The actual point of my post was the OP said it was not right for us to have a certain FEELING, who the heck is anyone to say how I feel? The point of my post is apparently lost on people that are so money focused it erases a feeling. Money does not erase my feelings, it might make me upset I can no longer afford it, but that feeling does not disappear. I still love the football games, I would love to go a Super bowl, but I just can not afford it, I can no longer even afford the Bears games. If someone was to take me to a game that feeling would still be there,it is not erased for me.

It is wrong for someone to tell us that saying "Disney is our Happy Place", is wrong, please don't be telling us what makes us happy! If Paris at 108 a night makes you happy great, it does not make me happy. If Disney at 108.00 a night just outside the 42 sq miles makes you happy great, that makes me more happy than Paris at 108. Just don't be telling anyone it is wrong to feel a certain way.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Eh i agree to a point but you also cant get caught up too much. Its important to be critical to something you love and appreciate. Unless of course you also love the direction. The overall direction of the parks is worse off...for most people. Is how i feel. Look i love disney but theres a reason i have universal APs and not disney ones atm. (Not selling them to me is part of that...not caring i exsist is another)
One only need look at my posts on the recent spice cart debacle in Morocco or the thread I created decrying pinioning in Animal Kingdom (which did not go over well—everyone suddenly became WDW’s biggest advocate) to see that I’m more than capable of expressing my displeasure with Disney. I can’t help it if I’m not bothered by, or have a different view of, the many things that others here continually adduce as evidence of Disney’s decline. Some members seem genuinely irritated with those who don’t share their pessimism, and that’s just bizarre to me.

skypilot2922

Well, in "bricks and mortar" terms also, Disney is a fundamentally different product. The dearth of really intense thrill rides is a huge plus for those of us who don't like them.

But yes, above all, my attachment is emotional, and I see nothing strange about that. I grew up on Disney and live in an apartment stocked with Disneyana, so of course WDW's "aura" is going to appeal to me above whatever Universal has to offer.

All of us here have an emotional attachment to WDW, But recently it seems that the girl everyone in school was in love with has turned into the crazy cat lady down the block. And we are all hoping she turns her life around.

As to thrill rides Disney is a plus because it does not have many, But it does have lots of classic dark rides which are fun for a different set of people.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The parks themselves are just not that expensive, heck I pay more going to one Bears game on a Sunday for massive traffic and a 3 hour game than a day at any Park!

And do you goto Bears games for 21 consecutive days too? If you didn't have your AP would you still consider them 'not expensive' as you tried to stay that long and go that often?

CuteAsMinnie

Paid FP cost confirmed - $14.99 per person, per FP.
Nope.-
Itll be ticket based:
Base Ticket
Base + Value FP
Base + Moderate FP
BASE + Deluxe FP
Park Hopper
Park Hopper + Value FP
etc., etc.,

DVC FP AP
FP AP
AP

Now THIS you heard here first.

Last edited:

wutisgood

Really?? No way to visit Disney on budget. ? You can get a 2 bedroom 2 bath over 1500 sq feet with one balcony overlooking a lake and another balcony on the other side of the unit overlooking the fireworks less than 1 mile outside the WDW line near Disney Springs that cost 165 night.

The hotels within Disney cost what they cost because of guests, not Disney. They sell out 6 months in advance at those prices and the overhead is monstrous. If the Contemporary did not book the rooms they do they very well might only cost only 200 a night. No business is going to charge 200.00 a night when the demand at the higher prices still sell. If the room at the Contemp was 200 a night it would be booked ten years out! The trick is to charge as much as humanly possibly to get a 90% occupancy and Disney apparently does that at 650 a night. So go to Paris on a budget, but please do not compare a cheap 108.00 room in Paris, to a top of the line 650.00 room on a monorail system steps from MK, that in today's dollars would cost billions to build.

I love Disney, but we decided we could not spend what those rooms cost anymore so we bought a second home near AK(6 minutes form the door). 8 months of my payments including everything, cable , electric mortgage, Insurance, fees, cost us what one 21 stay at the resort cost us on two different trips. That was our solution, but there are so many other ways to go to WDW on a budget.

Anyone can Motel 6 it and still be closer to the parks than many Disney hotels. It is the person themselves to decide if for them a Disney trip must be at a Disney hotel. The parks themselves are just not that expensive, heck I pay more going to one Bears game on a Sunday for massive traffic and a 3 hour game than a day at any Park!

The actual point of my post was the OP said it was not right for us to have a certain FEELING, who the heck is anyone to say how I feel? The point of my post is apparently lost on people that are so money focused it erases a feeling. Money does not erase my feelings, it might make me upset I can no longer afford it, but that feeling does not disappear. I still love the football games, I would love to go a Super bowl, but I just can not afford it, I can no longer even afford the Bears games. If someone was to take me to a game that feeling would still be there,it is not erased for me.

It is wrong for someone to tell us that saying "Disney is our Happy Place", is wrong, please don't be telling us what makes us happy! If Paris at 108 a night makes you happy great, it does not make me happy. If Disney at 108.00 a night just outside the 42 sq miles makes you happy great, that makes me more happy than Paris at 108. Just don't be telling anyone it is wrong to feel a certain way.
You can't get around the ticket and parking/rideshare in place of parking costs set by Disney.

In terms of hotels it's not news that you can stay cheaper off-site. That was true 20 years ago and is today too. The difference is with ticket/parking/food increases, cut hours, cut services, cut actual discounts like free dining and pin codes, etc has forced the price of a trip significantly higher even when trying to spend less on things like off site hotels.

When I stay in new York I can budget every part of the trip including prime Broadway shows with the right plan.

If we are making comparisons how about we look at another Disney resort. Tokyo Disney is significantly cheaper in a more expensive area than central Florida yet they still make plenty of money and offer an extremely high quality experience, many say the best in the Disney chain.

If you Disney world makes you happy no matter the cost good for you. I have certainly spent a considerable amount of money there myself. There are plenty of things I do that are expensive that I enjoy and personally justify. Questioning the value of something and trying to hold companies accountable for delivering a product that reflects a premium price is healthy and not an attack on someone's ability to enjoy something.

UNCgolf

Yeah sure ok. They spent $1b on FP+ because it wasn’t flawed. Please.

This doesn't even make sense.

They didn't spend $1B on FP+; they spent it on MyMagic+ which was a whole massive undertaking of which FP+ was a small part. You're making it sound like they said "Paper FastPass is broken; we have to come up with something better!" which isn't even remotely accurate.

Again, it's because they thought they'd come up with something amazing that wouldn't require them to add rides to the parks. Thinking you've come up with something better doesn't automatically mean there was something broken about what you're replacing. It also doesn't mean paper FastPass was perfect.

TrojanUSC

Yeah sure ok. They spent $1b on FP+ because it wasn’t flawed. Please.

He's right. FP+ was part of the MUCH larger MM+ initiative, which did a variety of things, not the least of which was allowing them to redirect guests to other, less-popular attractions, thereby allowing them to skate by with less capital investment overall. The previous FP system worked fine, they just saw a way to improve upon it by allowing it to do other things than FP was originally intended to do.

That was just a small portion of it, though. What really sold the board was all of the data collection, system integration and ease-of-payment solutions that came with the MM+/Magic Bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom