FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
FP+ takes research in advance of your trip and then persistence. Eventually you will get that FP. You have to be willing to work for it. But that’s something many don’t want to do so if that’s the case then maybe to you it would seem “unfair” but it was equal opportunity with FP+ for any resort guests because it was free so just because you don’t have the persistence and patience to score a FP doesn’t make the entire system unfair. That’s ridiculous. Because it was offered free to all resort guests, there is a absolutely nothing unfair about it. Bring it back Disney!

It’s not complicated.
Step 1. Before trip, select 3 fastpasses.
Step 2. Use said 3 fastpasses.
Step 3. Open app, find new fastpass.
Step 4. Use new fastpass.
Step 5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until park close.

I have never gone on a vacation that I didn’t have to research. Where to stay, where to eat, what to do while I’m there, etc. Fastpasses make it so you never have to stand more than an hour in line for any attraction. And if you keep getting them throughout the day as the system is designed, you will be able to ride a handful of rides more than if there were no fastpass system at all.

you two are doing a hell of a job of “reading the room”

disney doesn’t like it! And they paid for it. That’s all you need to know. They milk mechanical dolls for 60 years.

you’re overthinking it.

1. they bring it back simply for emergency crowd control...then replace it.
2. It’s gone.

those are your options.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
...really long lines in queues with overly loud and repetitive soundtracks.

You can do that, too, in WDW. But before anyone complains about the FP line-cutters making their wait longer than it has to be... Universal also has line-cutter options which make your wait in their stand-by lines longer than it needs to be.

Don't know how anyone can really say the Universal model is significantly better from the point of view that one just "gets in line."

he’s talking about express pass.

no lines. The only thing annoying is the lockers.

Disney would have a hard time finding the right balance. Especially since most of their lineups are 30+ years old...which is the opposite.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
he’s talking about express pass.

no lines. The only thing annoying is the lockers.

Disney would have a hard time finding the right balance. Especially since most of their lineups are 30+ years old...which is the opposite.
Ah... The 'get in line' thing got me since there's not supposed to be a line with Express Pass. Ideally.

jinx8402

I still think using my idea from a few pages back could be an ideal compromise. Essentially giving out two fp per ticket day that do not need to be scheduled. Allows people the ultimate flexibility (can use all one day if wanted), doesn't penalize those who want to go later in the day vs rope drop. Then if you want more you can pay for more. It could be per ride, or bundles of 2-3 more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah... The 'get in line' thing got me since there's not supposed to be a line with Express Pass. Ideally.

in practice...the only line I encountered last time on a holiday weekend was on gringotts for maybe 10 minutes....and Hagrids but that’s a mechanical glitch.

it’s not the same concept.
It’s a paid perk...not crowd distribution.

there isn’t a CP standing there staring at a monitor as it rolls numbers and tells them which line to hold.

I want a better system for wdw. I love it but it hasn’t been good for a decade. You’re “surprised” if it’s somewhat relaxing at all.

paid is probably the way. They aren’t gonna do what will work...which is to build up capacity that idiot Bob let get used up for 20 years. Not gonna happen.

so start to give options. So let it be written...so let it be done.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I still think using my idea from a few pages back could be an ideal compromise. Essentially giving out two fp per ticket day that do not need to be scheduled. Allows people the ultimate flexibility (can use all one day if wanted), doesn't penalize those who want to go later in the day vs rope drop. Then if you want more you can pay for more. It could be per ride, or bundles of 2-3 more.

fastpass...even 1.0...only worked because they knew where and when the crowds would be.
The computer did the thinking.

any “unscheduled” passes...even 2...would crush the park for probably the first 3-5 hours.

they can sell it as a “event”...

“Disney’s hell mornings”

Last edited:

jinx8402

fastpass...even 1.0...only worked because they knew were and when the crowds would be.
The computer did the thinking.

and “unscheduled” passes...even 2...would crush the park for probably the first 3-5 hours.

they can sell it as a “event”...

“Disney’s hell mornings”
Yeah, I was thinking about crushes, but they could just limit the number of people that are in the fp line at a time. Not sure what the numbers would need to be to make it work. But once it hits 100%, maybe you don't let anyone else in until it is closer to 50% full. Perhaps if it lines are below 25% full they use Genie to entice people to use/buy a fp at that ride.

MJM

you two are doing a hell of a job of “reading the room”

disney doesn’t like it! And they paid for it. That’s all you need to know. They milk mechanical dolls for 60 years.

you’re overthinking it.

1. they bring it back simply for emergency crowd control...then replace it.
2. It’s gone.

those are your options.
How do you even know Disney “doesn’t like it”? Where is that written as fact? There was no reason to have FP when the parks reopened during the pandemic so it was not available. At 35% capacity it still wasn’t necessary. Now however as park capacity increases it might be time to reinstate it or come up with something to replace it. You don’t know anymore than I do what Disney “thinks” about FP+. It seems like you don’t like it for your own reasons and I do like it for my own reasons.

fgmnt

How do you even know Disney “doesn’t like it”? Where is that written as fact? There was no reason to have FP when the parks reopened during the pandemic so it was not available. At 35% capacity it still wasn’t necessary. Now however as park capacity increases it might be time to reinstate it or come up with something to replace it. You don’t know anymore than I do what Disney “thinks” about FP+. It seems like you don’t like it for your own reasons and I do like it for my own reasons.
For what it's worth (the worth changes all of the time) this forum does actually bring in inside sources if you read enough to find out who they are and how reliable the information is. The unpopularity of FP+ in Burbank is somewhat speculative, but in here you can combine insider sources with the context that the almost 10 year old system never saw adoption outside of Orlando. These facts can lead to what I consider a pretty well held belief that the February 2020 version of FP+ is dead, and it will be modified or replaced by February 2022.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, I was thinking about crushes, but they could just limit the number of people that are in the fp line at a time. Not sure what the numbers would need to be to make it work. But once it hits 100%, maybe you don't let anyone else in until it is closer to 50% full. Perhaps if it lines are below 25% full they use Genie to entice people to use/buy a fp at that ride.

then you “limit” the flexibility. Line em up.

and you’re back to square uno

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

pretty much every single person with an understanding of how disney operates and their decision making process/Leanings on forums such as this have been unwaivering on this.

now we all may be completely wrong...it’s possible.

how do you like your odds?

Goofyernmost

FP+ takes research in advance of your trip and then persistence. Eventually you will get that FP. You have to be willing to work for it. But that’s something many don’t want to do so if that’s the case then maybe to you it would seem “unfair” but it was equal opportunity with FP+ for any resort guests because it was free so just because you don’t have the persistence and patience to score a FP doesn’t make the entire system unfair. That’s ridiculous. Because it was offered free to all resort guests, there is a absolutely nothing unfair about it. Bring it back Disney!
No, what I have is the patience to stand in a continuiously moving queue line. The people without the patience are the ones spending untold hours trying to score FP's so that they can save a few minutes in line. I don't have patience to stand in a stalled standby line watching people legally cut the line for no other reason then their patience is in a different place.

MJM

pretty much every single person with an understanding of how disney operates and their decision making process/Leanings on forums such as this have been unwaivering on this.

now we all may be completely wrong...it’s possible.

how do you like your odds?
Speculation is a waste of time. I say bring it back. There’s a decent argument for FP and there will always be naysayers. Regardless Disney will do what Disney will do. Hope it’s in my favor soon 🙏

jinx8402

then you “limit” the flexibility. Line em up.

and you’re back to square uno
If I want do Seven Dwarves, but only through FP and it is full in the morning due to a crush of everyone using a tier 1 FP there then I wait until it is available. If it never becomes available then I have to make the decision if I want to do regular stand by. I know MK does not have tiers, but with my thought in my initial post of giving some tier 1 passes to on site as the onsite "perk" for free that would need to change for each park.

matt9112

Our family does the same! It’s not my fault you don’t understand FP and haven’t done the research to score your own major attraction FPs- it can be done and has been done by many. Including us every summer. We have also been able to ride every single ride at MK in a day because of FP+ and without it that can’t be done. Maybe it can at 35% capacity but that’s changing rapidly so Disney needs to bring it back . We also take a break midday to swim at the resort like Coles post above and we skip over Winnie the Pooh and others when their lines exceed 30 mins and go ride something with less of a wait time, return to WTP later in the day when waits are shorter. You just have to know what you’re doing. Not my fault you don’t know how to plan accordingly

If there was a post caling people too stupid this would be it.....

Everyone here knows everything your saying but guess what.....shocker "not everyone wants to vacation just like you" nothing comes off more pompous than this attitude.
But its not coming back like it was so get over it. Its not my fault its not coming back though.

ColeTrain04

No, what I have is the patience to stand in a continuiously moving queue line. The people without the patience are the ones spending untold hours trying to score FP's so that they can save a few minutes in line. I don't have patience to stand in a stalled standby line watching people legally cut the line for no other reason then their patience is in a different place.
I still don’t understand this argument. FP+ was available to everyone. Why not use it? Seriously I would get in excess of 10 FPs a day. I never had any problems with it. You can’t call people “legal line cutters” like it’s a bad thing when the same option is available for you to use. Your unwillingness to use what’s available is no ones fault but your own. Instead of waiting in the hour long line, go find something else to ride with a shorter wait and in the meantime look for a FP for the ride you want. You could also figure out what peak times for certain rides are and adjust your schedule based on that. For instance, when the park opens everyone rushes to SDMT so the wait is long but gets shorter as the day goes on. I go to Peter Pan and then fantasy land to ride those first because they all have short wait times in the morning that increase as the day goes on. It’s really a matter of knowing how to be efficient. That would be true even without FP+......

MickeyLuv'r

Excuse my ignorance but how did you get 10 FP +, I thought it was capped at 4? Or was it from park hopping?
FP+ evolved over time. (as did FP- before it.)

When FP+ was initially rolled out, everyone was limited to 3, and MDE wasn't as robust. Many people waited until they were at the parks to obtain FP, and they waited in long lines to use kiosks. It was crazy. People waited 30minutes in a kiosk line to obtain a FP. So often the kiosk FP didn't really save them any time at all. A line is a line is a line.

Later though, the rules changed. Everyone could book 3 FP before they arrived, or no FP, or one FP. There were also some limits called tiers. It also became much easier to book FP via MDE.

In the later versions of FP+, if you used your 3 initial FP, you could then obtain them one at a time until park close. Another option was simply to obtain them one at a time. There was no rule saying you couldn't obtain them one at a time.

If you booked the 3 FP before arrival, THEN you could only book 1 per hour for those 3. After that, as soon as you used your 3rd FP, you could book #4, and so forth. If you only booked 1FP though, you could book your 2nd as soon as you used your 1st FP.

ONE other important detail: if a ride went down during your FP time window, then it changed to an anytime FP. LATER, WDW added another bonus. If a ride went down during your FP time window, then you were issued BOTH an anytime FP AND had the ability to book another FP. An anytime FP could be used on most attractions, except a few- like 7DMT and Rise. BUT you had to know you had these perks. Many people didn't realize they could book a replacement FP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

You can do that, too, in WDW. But before anyone complains about the FP line-cutters making their wait longer than it has to be... Universal also has line-cutter options which make your wait in their stand-by lines longer than it needs to be.
"
The dozen or so hardly make a difference though.

Still... an increasingly moot point.

Last edited:

ColeTrain04

When FP+ was initially rolled out, everyone was limited to 3, and MDE wasn't as robust. Many people waited until they were at the parks to obtain FP, and they waited in long lines to use kiosks. It was crazy. People waited 30minutes in a kiosk line to obtain a FP. So often the kiosk FP didn't really save them any time at all. A line is a line is a line.

Later though, the rules changed. Everyone could book 3 FP before they arrived, or no FP, or one FP. There were also some limits called tiers. It also became much easier to book FP via MDE.

In the later versions of FP+, if you used your 3 initial FP, you could then obtain them one at a time until park close. Another option was simply to obtain them one at a time. There was no rule saying you couldn't obtain them one at a time.

If you booked the 3 FP before arrival, THEN you could only book 1 per hour for those 3. After that, as soon as you used your 3rd FP, you could book #4, and so forth. If you only booked 1FP though, you could book your 2nd as soon as you used your 1st FP.

ONE other important detail: if a ride went down during your FP time window, then it changed to an anytime FP. LATER, WDW added another bonus. If a ride went down during your FP time window, then you were issued BOTH an anytime FP AND had the ability to book another FP. An anytime FP could be used on most attractions, except a few- like 7DMT and Rise. BUT you had to know you had these perks. Many people didn't realize they could book a replacement FP.
Not to mention you can modify times of the advanced ones once you scan in at the first one.....

CosmicRays

Thank you for the informative reply- I definitely did not know a bunch of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom