FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdude81

I guess I'm thinking of the last decade as well as the attractions they're about to unveil.

Wasn't Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid an addition? And also Storytime with Belle?
It was a little bit of time but these replaced 20,000 leagues. The copy of Dumbo was more of an addition than those were.

nickys

Premium Member
I guess I'm thinking of the last decade as well as the attractions they're about to unveil.

Wasn't Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid an addition? And also Storytime with Belle?
It depends how you qualify that. Both, along with 7dmt were built on the long closed 20k submarine ride. The “quarry” was huge and the whole of NFL was built on it I believe.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
7DMT. Under the Sea. TSM. Everest. That’s the sum total of “new rides” across 4 parks between 2006 and 2016.

They are still playing catch-up, as evidenced by the money spent/being spent for Pandora (2017), TSL, GE, Tron, GotG, and Rat. Imagine where we’d be if they hadn’t wasted the time and money on Staggs and Iger’s “the parks are mature” folly.

SamusAranX

7DMT. Under the Sea. TSM. Everest. That’s the sum total of “new rides” across 4 parks between 2006 and 2016.

They are still playing catch-up, as evidenced by the money spent/being spent for Pandora (2017), TSL, GE, Tron, GotG, and Rat. Imagine where we’d be if they hadn’t wasted the time and money on Staggs and Iger’s “the parks are mature” folly.
And as stated above, the bolded were technically replacements.

LittleBuford

It depends how you qualify that. Both, along with 7dmt were built on the long closed 20k submarine ride. The “quarry” was huge and the whole of NFL was built on it I believe.
OK, but in terms of numbers, it's still a net gain, right?

It's worth remembering the post I was responding to (emphasis added):
There should be new attractions of some form every 3 to 5 years. Not meaning all E Ticket attractions by any means but smaller people eaters etc. But I would think they could swing new C or D every 5 years. Yes that might mean removing some current rides or moving them, but its doable if you can chain the bean counters in the basement.

pdude81

I thought the replacement for 20,000 Leagues was Mine Train, which is why I didn't count it.
That's a fair take on the situation. They're kind of all in the same real estate. I considered 7DMT a new ride as it took up just a bit of that space and opened after the other stuff in New Fantasyland.

LittleBuford

Technically yes, they had a few "gains". But, they weren't nearly enough to keep up with the ballooning crowds.
New Fantasyland seems pretty popular to me, attracting higher numbers than, for example, the Enchanted Tiki Room and the Country Bear Jamboree, both of which I would hate to lose.

Chip Chipperson

Let’s talk attraction quality. Under the Sea is one of the worst dark rides Disney has ever added to WDW. Storytime with Belle is hardly an attraction.

By the same logic, some of the more recent replacements were replacing attractions that were old and/or unpopular. Does anyone really miss the Backlot Tour at DHS? People may have fond nostalgic memories of Universe of Energy, but was it handling any significant amount of guests on any given day? Even the replacement attractions are adding real-life capacity when you compare how many guests rode what they replaced.

Parker in NYC

By the same logic, some of the more recent replacements were replacing attractions that were old and/or unpopular. Does anyone really miss the Backlot Tour at DHS? People may have fond nostalgic memories of Universe of Energy, but was it handling any significant amount of guests on any given day? Even the replacement attractions are adding real-life capacity when you compare how many guests rode what they replaced.
Agreed but all that land deserved a better… land. Rise is fantastic, and I’ll leave it at that.

Universe of Energy needed a refresh/redo badly but a Marvel coaster doesn’t cut it for me. Nor the big blue box.

jpinkc

Oh I am not saying Backlot tour (yes I did take it), and Universe of Energy will be missed much, IMHO they both needed to go. I think its a net gain attraction for popularity and will draw even more people to Epcot and Studios. The problem is again all the previous years of the Disney Waffling on attractions that they start to make and what they end up making or not making at all (Mary Poppins). The ones that are finished being so incredibly far apart from where they started. I understand the reality of the world too but I think using Epcot for example the New Epcot when I saw it looked amazing!!! Then I thought Disney will never build that. I think even if the Virus hadnt killed 2020 (and possibly keep going on longer) it still would not have been built, as it was presented.

jpinkc

Under the Sea is perfectly fine for an average, well-themed, middle-of-the-day, get-out-of-the-heat ride.
You are right and maybe we or I am wrong from expecting something a little more from Disney. My daughter loved it when she was 8 after that she groans to go on it now at 17. :D

UNCgolf

Oh I am not saying Backlot tour (yes I did take it), and Universe of Energy will be missed much, IMHO they both needed to go. I think its a net gain attraction for popularity and will draw even more people to Epcot and Studios. The problem is again all the previous years of the Disney Waffling on attractions that they start to make and what they end up making or not making at all (Mary Poppins). The ones that are finished being so incredibly far apart from where they started. I understand the reality of the world too but I think using Epcot for example the New Epcot when I saw it looked amazing!!! Then I thought Disney will never build that. I think even if the Virus hadnt killed 2020 (and possibly keep going on longer) it still would not have been built, as it was presented.

The original Backlot Tour was really good.

UNCgolf

Don't forget they also closed the original Snow White ride as part of New Fantasyland.

I think it's fair to call either 7DMT or LM an addition, since 20K was already closed and certainly wasn't ever going to reopen (although it was a much better attraction than either), but it's only one net addition because of the closure of Snow White.

G00fyDad

At WDW now…figured things would be different without FP and was prepared for a different approach, but the line situation is really bad (and I don’t think we have particularly high expectations). Won’t be back until a new line management system is in place.
Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that the people who said that FP created longer standby lines and that right now without FP it's the golden dream weren't exactly correct?? That can't be true! 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom