FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy G. Dis

You are right and maybe we or I am wrong from expecting something a little more from Disney. My daughter loved it when she was 8 after that she groans to go on it now at 17. :D

Haha! We had never been through the full queue before the removal of Fastpass+ forced our hand this month and our daughters loved the talking seagull. I think it's definitely one of the better queues on MK.

The ride itself... well it's definitely a ride!

dovetail65

At WDW now…figured things would be different without FP and was prepared for a different approach, but the line situation is really bad (and I don’t think we have particularly high expectations). Won’t be back until a new line management system is in place.
Heck,many of us have posted warnings 2021 was the worst line they ever experienced. I did and if not for my wife I would not go back until they were back at 100% capacity AND FP implemented . I compared it to First week of August with as if FP didn't exist and apparently that is still the case.

drizgirl

I guess I'm thinking of the last decade as well as the attractions they're about to unveil.

Wasn't Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid an addition? And also Storytime with Belle?
Storytime with Belle was a relocation. The original was held in the area Merida met in behind the castle across from Cosmic Ray's.

pdude81

Don't forget they also closed the original Snow White ride as part of New Fantasyland.

I think it's fair to call either 7DMT or LM an addition, since 20K was already closed and certainly wasn't ever going to reopen (although it was a much better attraction than either), but it's only one net addition because of the closure of Snow White.
Sadly they replaced snow white with Princess Fairytale Hall, so factor that in however you like.

Ripken10

Heck,many of us have posted warnings 2021 was the worst line they ever experienced. I did and if not for my wife I would not go back until they were back at 100% capacity AND FP implemented . I compared it to First week of August with as if FP didn't exist and apparently that is still the case.
two weeks ago we were there and the lines were extremely manageable (not saying they are now). MK my son rode 33 rides in approx 6 hours. At HS my son did Alien Saucers at least a dozen times as well as several others (didn't count that day) with never waiting more than 15 minutes (we did do Millenium through the single rider line twice, and did do boarding groups for rise). Longest line all week was 45 min due to the ride breaking down.

Obviously not the case this week, but 2021 hasn't been all bad for lines.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You are right and maybe we or I am wrong from expecting something a little more from Disney. My daughter loved it when she was 8 after that she groans to go on it now at 17. :D

My sister and I were 33 and 26 respectively when it opened. We went on it 4 times that day.
9 years later it is an absolute must do multiple times when in MK.
We all have to face it. Some people love things and some people hate things. I hate Pandora and I'm sure I'll be flamed for it.

pdude81

two weeks ago we were there and the lines were extremely manageable (not saying they are now). MK my son rode 33 rides in approx 6 hours. At HS my son did Alien Saucers at least a dozen times as well as several others (didn't count that day) with never waiting more than 15 minutes (we did do Millenium through the single rider line twice, and did do boarding groups for rise). Longest line all week was 45 min due to the ride breaking down.

Not all of it. I was there in late April and late June. Two entirely different experiences. It's almost as if they want you to beg them to bring back Fastpass

dovetail65

Sounds like a fun day to me.

Jedijax719

One ride every 10-11 minutes? That's impossible, even with extremely short lines. Considering that rides are between 5-10 minutes (most around 10), every line would have to be 5 minutes or (mostly) shorter and that doesn't include the time to get from one to another.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
And Galaxy’s Edge & TSL replaced the Backstage tour and LMA so wee also replacements.

A show (LMA), a mini-land (SoA), and a tour-ride was replaced by a mini-land (TSL), a full immersive land (GE), and *four* rides.

There was a net gain of a land and two attractions.

Also, TSM and Soarin were both increased in capacity by 50%. And half of Mission:Space was family-ized with a new mission. These all helped with capacity.

Of course, no amount of new rides make up for the loss of Primeval Whirl!!!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
A show (LMA), a mini-land (SoA), and a tour-ride was replaced by a mini-land (TSL), a full immersive land (GE), and *four* rides.
Furthermore, capacity only helps if it’s being utilized. LMA was running 3 not-full shows a day, while for the backlot tour, even with the reduction in the number of trams, Touringplans recorded an average wait time of just 17 minutes for the month of January 2014, with an operational capacity of just 1500 guests per hour (similar to what ROTR is doing when it’s not broken).

Hcalvert

I was there about 2-3 weeks ago (June 5-18) and that was not the case from my observation. HWS had ridiculous wait times especially the second week and even I felt claustrophobic in Toy Story Land and Star War: Galaxy's Edge. The only time wait times were manageable at MK was for rope drop until about 11am-noon. EPCOT was okay unless you wanted to ride TT, which was consistently closed or had wait times over an hour after 2pm when I hopped over there. AK was probably the most manageable of the four if you don't count FOP, which I admit wasn't too bad of a wait time (a little over an hour) each time I went.

Last edited:

lewisc

One ride every 10-11 minutes? That's impossible, even with extremely short lines. Considering that rides are between 5-10 minutes (most around 10), every line would have to be 5 minutes or (mostly) shorter and that doesn't include the time to get from one to another.
The poster said his son rode Alien Saucers 11 times, obviously a different park.
The MK statistics are theoretically possible if his son was allowed to ride an attraction like Dumbo multiple times consecutively, possibly without even exiting the ride vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom