fastpass for resort guests only

Pongo

debbiedoo said:
try going for a spot in June--you will end of parking down by planet hollywood--when you want to be down by legoland--then you use the bus transpo and discover half the bus isn't staying at your resort!!! :eek: they are not even staying on property!!YIKES!!

The only time I have found a spot it early in the morning right before opening and who wants to get up on vacation!!!

I have been in June, and parking seems to be fine. And Planet Hollywood is almost next-door to the Lego store. At least parking-wise. PH is at the east end of of West Side, and the Lego store is at the west end of Marketplace. Pleasure Island doesn't really take up much room in between because it is kind of offset from the rest.

pat in the hat said:
As for everyone who is so lucky to be able to drive and visit the park whenever the magic runs low or for every special Disney occasion, I have to say that I envy you. But I must also propose that you probably are benefiting from annual pass or Florida resident savings already! So, if you had to wait just a little longer for a ride, chances are pretty good that you're returning again soon. In turn, those of us who live far from the magic, might miss an opportunity forever (or for a much longer period of time). And, remember how much $$$ tourism pumps into that economy.

Taking the same logic that those living close to the magic are using in this discussion, but applying it from a non-FLA resident perspective, I could argue that it's not fair that Disney sells Limited Edition merchandise to only those who can make it to the parks . . . and that it's espcecially unfair that I have to pay someone (who is lucky enough to go to the parks frequently) 10x the price on ebay for an item . . . (again, that would be my choice, but you see where I'm going here). If you want the item/perk/benefit, you have to pay for it.

The sad truth is that membership has its privileges (and there are a lot of "clubs" in life where I am not a member!), and while most of us are all born equal, after that you are on your own. So, I propose that resort guests should be recognized with a few more perks for their patronage . . . whether or not it is exclusive rights to FastPass really doesn't matter to me.

Again, just my opinion :wave: !

Whew! *steps off soapbox*

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

I can't believe that all these FAIR minded people think that it's FAIR for them to receive greatly discounted resident passes and the like or that it's fair that they can go every week and the rest of us wait a year or two between visits! Wait a minute......is this one of those UNFAIR, two-class, two-tier systems! :eek: If I miss an attraction because of too long a wait, then I have the FAIR wait of a year before I can get to this attraction. But to those who live near and can go often they of course have the UNFAIR wait of another week before they can see the attraction. I now see how UNFAIR it would be for Disney to give fastpass exclusivity to on-property resort guests! :cry:

goofyfan13

thedisneyfan said:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

I can't believe that all these FAIR minded people think that it's FAIR for them to receive greatly discounted resident passes and the like or that it's fair that they can go every week and the rest of us wait a year or two between visits! Wait a minute......is this one of those UNFAIR, two-class, two-tier systems! :eek: If I miss an attraction because of too long a wait, then I have the FAIR wait of a year before I can get to this attraction. But to those who live near and can go often they of course have the UNFAIR wait of another week before they can see the attraction. I now see how UNFAIR it would be for Disney to give fastpass exclusivity to on-property resort guests! :cry:

Well, I understand what your saying, but while Florida residents get discounted rates, they don't get the extra 4 hours in the parks with minimal guests. So if you don't take advantage of that perk, thats your own fault, cause we take advantage of ours.

Laura

Premium Member
I haven't read through all the replies, but I just wanted to say that I think it's a terrible idea. Back before Universal Studios implemented that system I actually liked the place. I've visited 1 time since they started letting the resort guests skip the lines and it was one of the worst days of my life LOL.

I felt completely unimportant all day long. We spent a full day there and only had time to ride 3 attractions - Shrek (2 hour wait), Earthquake (1 hour wait), and Twister (the only ride that we were able to get an express pass to. The rest of the rides in the park had 2-3 hour waits, and since we had 2 little kids (ages 1 and 3) we could not wait 2 hours to ride something. Waiting the 2 hours for Shrek was absolutely horrendous and the kids were so miserable after that. All the free express passes had been distributed by about 11 a.m. and the booklets of passes had been sold out right when the park opened. So we spent the day watching the resort guests and the people who were lucky enough to pay $30 for a book of express passes skip all the lines and ride everything and have a good time while we walked around aimlessly and really couldn't do anything. We totally felt like we were in a "lower class" while all the people who stayed on property were big shots.

It was a miserable day, it was hard earned money put down the toilet, and we felt crappy, all because of this "class" system they had in place. I don't think we'll ever go back there again. If Disney ever did something like this I would be furious. I don't always stay on Disney property when I visit as my parents have a time share just a few minutes up the road. It gives me a sick feeling in my stomach to think that if I went to Disney as a day guest I'd feel like that lower class citizen and not even be able to have a good time like I did at Universal. And I wouldn't even enjoy it if I was staying ON property. I'd be skipping all the lines while other poor families have to wait ridiculous amounts of time and I wouldn't feel good about that.

One of the things I like about Disney is that everyone can go there and feel equal and important. Someone with little money who has to stay in a cheap hotel in Orlando and can only afford to go to the park for 1 day and has to spend the whole day eating snacks out of their backpack because they can't afford Disney food is going to have just as much fun and feel just as important during their visit as someone who is staying at the Grand Floridian eating 3 sit down meals a day. That is why Disney is such a magical place. If they start establishing a class system like Universal it will KILL the magic.

Edited - I wanted to say I went to Disney for 5 days this same week and was able to ride everything and enjoy myself because fastpasses were readily available to everyone. So I can't blame my misery at Universal on "time of year" because Disney handled the same kinds of crowds so much better.

debbiedoo

Bottom line DVC is aware of our thread on disboards and there is an issue--with our maintenance fees etc. . . .the busses are included in those--just FYI--Pongo

I hope that they find a resolution to that problem soon--

goofyfan13 said:
Well, I understand what your saying, but while Florida residents get discounted rates, they don't get the extra 4 hours in the parks with minimal guests. So if you don't take advantage of that perk, thats your own fault, cause we take advantage of ours.

Thank you for admitting that different groups get different perks and destroying the whole notion that it is somehow "unfair" to daytrippers or locals to not get fastpass. It's also unfair for Disney not to solidly book their resorts year round. Add the fastpass exclusivity and they just might get this. Sorry, but resort guests do deserve more perks and fastpass exclusivity should be one of them. If you don't stay at a Disney resort that's your fault. Sorry!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Laura22 said:
The rest of the rides in the park had 2-3 hour waits, and since we had 2 little kids (ages 1 and 3) we could not wait 2 hours to ride something.

I find that very hard to believe.....

Waiting the 2 hours for Shrek was absolutely horrendous and the kids were so miserable after that.

Shrek 4-D had capacity problems then but that has now been fixed with the addition of a second theater (wait times now rarely exceed 30 minutes, even during spring break). By the way, at the time you visited, Shrek 4-D was NOT running on the Universal Express system, nor were Express Plus passholders able to skip the line (the only ones that could were hotel guests, and seriously, it's not like hundreds of them will show up at an attraction every minute).

All the free express passes had been distributed by about 11 a.m.

This happens all the time during the peak seasons at WDW....

Edited - I wanted to say I went to Disney for 5 days this same week and was able to ride everything and enjoy myself because fastpasses were readily available to everyone. So I can't blame my misery at Universal on "time of year" because Disney handled the same kinds of crowds so much better.

It was July, which is a peak season, which means crowds will show up. I visited USF one time in July (the 12th, a Sunday) and the longest wait time I could see was for Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast (and that was only 75 minutes). Attractions at WDW have 1-2 hour waits during July all the time and FPs sell out early or usually have return times that are late at night (if you don't get one in the morning). USF also happens to be a smaller park than the MK and has less attractions, so wait times will always be higher.

Frees Fan

I remember when there were no passes and everyone had to wait in line regardless of where they stayed. It just shows how spoiled everyone has become. I mean..I like the FP and EP as much as the next person and they each have their good/bad points. But, the bottom line is this...there are going to be lines and long wait times...period! Just remember that at one time in our lives, we ALL had to wait in line. :rolleyes:

Personally, I think all of the resorts at Disney and Universal are over priced. Even though I get discounts by being a FL resident and annual passholder for both WDW and US, it still doesn't justify the rates they charge, at least in my mind. I would never stay onsite at Universal since I live 10 mins from there. I would only stay at Disney for an important event like a family reunion, romantic weekend, etc. I do like the extra hours perk more than any other that Disney offers to their guests. As far as the line skipping "perk" at Universal, it hardly makes much difference to the wait times. They all go in the same line as the EP people anyway. Again, it shows how spoiled we've all become.

I'll stop my ranting now! :lookaroun :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom