fastpass for resort guests only

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
the advent of FP was an incredible idea on the part of Disney. it was a short-sighted idea logistically. E-ticket attractions should be the only ones to support a FP. let the rest of the parks just flow.

We absolutely love UO as well, but the slash in AP holder and FL resident resort rates this year goes against their former trend. so we're faced with an additional $150.00 for a family of 3 for EP+'s. Or Jimmy Neutron is out of EP's by 11:00. and the standby time on MIB is 2 hours. something needs to change with both systems.

goofyfan13 said:
Exactly. Universal has 3 resorts and 2 parks, now compare that to 19 resorts and 4 parks. Logistical nightmare, if all of the WDW resort guests got to go to the front of the line, the wait times would be astronomical, and I don't think that the system is very fair. I have both luxuries of being able to go every other weekend(going to school in Daytona) and staying on property(parents coming down on vacation), and think that the system that Universal uses is a horrible idea for Disney, and mostly for the reasons I just stated.

Speaking for someone who can't go every other weekend, I think that fastpass should be limited to resort guests only. As to the astronomical waits? How so? You're not stuffing any more visitors into these attractions than are already possible anyway. Cut out the day trippers availability to fastpass and it balances out. As to fair, well life isn't fair. Maybe extra hour should be opened to everyone encouraging more guests to stay off property? :rolleyes: Sorry, but you get what you pay for, and resort guests that are committing themselves to spending virtually 100% of the time ON PROPERTY have EARNED this perk. People who leave at the end of the night dropping their dollars off elsewhere don't deserve the fastpass perk. Is it FAIR to Disney that you spend other time and money away from Disney's restaurants and resorts?

eddiemcgarrigle

Although I have been to WDW more than a few times, I have never stayed in any of the resort hotels. Prices for these hotels are just too restrictive for those of us who travel to WDW from overseas. To give you some idea, my missus absolutely adores the Grand Floridian but for both of us to stay there for our customary three week holiday, it would cost £3000 each and that's before we add tickets and car insurance (which is a complete rip-off).

For £3000, we can get three weeks in a 4* hotel on I-Drive and the park tickets and the *@%$# car insurance for both of us and still have some change left over.

So, do I think park guests get enough perks? Yes I do. Fastpass works just fine, leave it as it is please. The argument about resort guests spending more cash at WDW just doesn't hold any water with me and my bank manager will happily argue with you all day in regard to that topic.

Eddie

Pix E. Dust

Ralph Wiggum said:
the advent of FP was an incredible idea on the part of Disney. it was a short-sighted idea logistically. E-ticket attractions should be the only ones to support a FP. let the rest of the parks just flow.

I'm not sure I understand your point. Isn't that the way it is now?

Robfasto

surfsupdon said:
I have always completely understood that argument. Yet, Disney already does have several classes based on the hierarchy of Resort levels. (The differing classes being the Resort itself, not the people who stay at them.)

You can't pay more money to get a "premium Fastpass" b/c that would cause "classes" and those that can afford the option as "better."

But you can have those that pay more have the closer bus stops, more food options, pool slides, and double sinks.

That's just how it works.

Yes, but once you leave your resort and enter the parks EVERYONE is equal. It doesn't matter if you are staying at a Deluxe Resort, Fort Wilderness Campsite or a day tripper from Tampa each person as the same chance at getting a Fastpass.

vikkisicky

I LOVE what Universal does. I would love it if Disney did the same thing. At Universal u could go on Spiderman 6 x's in a row while the line was 2 hours long. I LOVE the idea and concept behind it. U stay with us we will give u a gift. COME ON DISNEY!

CaliSurfer182

Every time I go down to WDW for more than a day I stay at a WDW resort, but there are a couple times a month that I go just for a day visit. And I feel that fastpass is fine the way that it is, it should stay the same for all park visitors. I mean resort guests already get EMH, and I feel like that is a tremendous gift by itself when I use it.

Besides lets say resort guests do get a fastpass only, and you are using EMH, then everybody at EMH would have a fastpass and you would all end up in a line any way.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Robfasto said:
Yes, but once you leave your resort and enter the parks EVERYONE is equal. It doesn't matter if you are staying at a Deluxe Resort, Fort Wilderness Campsite or a day tripper from Tampa each person as the same chance at getting a Fastpass.

Very well said. Universal creates a caste system with the EP's; Disney treats all guests equally from a FP standpoint. That alone speaks a lot about the companies. Do Universal/Disney want people to stay at their resorts? Absolutely. But Universal, to me, seems like more of a moneygrab than Disney. (I said *more*, and that doesn't mean Disney isn't the same way)

Captain Hank

vikkisicky said:
I LOVE what Universal does. I would love it if Disney did the same thing. At Universal u could go on Spiderman 6 x's in a row while the line was 2 hours long. I LOVE the idea and concept behind it. U stay with us we will give u a gift. COME ON DISNEY!
But is that fair to the people in the two hour line?

Robfasto

vikkisicky said:

Is that fair to the people that live in Orlando? Why would they stay at Universal Resorts if they live 5 minutes from the park?

goofyfan13

thedisneyfan said:
Speaking for someone who can't go every other weekend, I think that fastpass should be limited to resort guests only. As to the astronomical waits? How so? You're not stuffing any more visitors into these attractions than are already possible anyway. Cut out the day trippers availability to fastpass and it balances out. As to fair, well life isn't fair. Maybe extra hour should be opened to everyone encouraging more guests to stay off property? :rolleyes: Sorry, but you get what you pay for, and resort guests that are committing themselves to spending virtually 100% of the time ON PROPERTY have EARNED this perk. People who leave at the end of the night dropping their dollars off elsewhere don't deserve the fastpass perk. Is it FAIR to Disney that you spend other time and money away from Disney's restaurants and resorts?

I used to not be able to go every other weekend, and still thought that resort guests shouldn't able to go to the front of the line just because they stay at a resort. On any given day, they get 4 hours of the park to themselves (EMHM, and EMHE). With how many guests stay on property, the fastpass line(people wise, not time wise) would probobly wind up being a lot longer than the standby line, making the standby line wait time as big as I said. As to cutting off the availability of FP for the day trippers? They're paying a lot of money to get into the park, they should be able to use this perk just as much as the resort guests, especially with the resort guests having EMH. I'm going to assume that that last sentance was a question directed towards me. I'm a college student, I can't afford to stay at a Disney resort, however when I go, I spend the entire day at Disney parks, and spend my money on Disney merchandise and food. My friends who don't have seasonal passes, drop anywhere from 80-100 bucks a day when they go. The only money we spend away from Disney parks and resorts are basically nessecities we need for college, such as food for the dorms, supplies, etc.. So your question doesn't really apply, since most of the money I have spent since coming to school down here has been on Disney, gas money to go to Disney, and maybe books.

This whole issue is just a matter of opinion though. :wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

t_zeke77 said:
make fastpass available to only wdw resort guests only. i think that would make my disney experience even better:) your thoughts?
I think you're creating a nightmare - a two tier Disney. A top tier with preferential treatment for all those who can afford (or prefer) to stay on site and a lower tier of inferior guests who can't afford or choose not to stay at a WDW property.
If developed properly your idea will see Disney resorts booked to capacity all year round (years in advance), off site hotels struggling for business and think about the knock on effect that this will have to the surrounding economy. Finally, what effect will this have on YOU if you cannot book your vacation at a WDW resort and therefore have to stand in line for your favourite rides with the lower tier guests.
NO - keep Disney as it is - a place of choice where people can choose not to use FP if they so wish

KevinPage

t_zeke77 said:
ok i see the love for fastpass now:animwink: but i feel they can make it better. how if they do what universal does, make fastpass available to only wdw resort guests only. i think that would make my disney experience even better:) your thoughts?

Completely diagree. Everyone should have an EQUAL chance once inside the park.

Universals system (and Six Flags) basically say "you pay me more, you'll get preferred treatment).

This is understandable on accomodations and other "behind the scenes" type things, but sticking it in the face of other customers creates a "CLASS" system.

Last time I checked this wasn't Fuedal Europe. :D :D :D

CaliSurfer182

KevinPage said:

Universals system (and Six Flags) basically say "you pay me more, you'll get preferred treatment).

This is understandable on accomodations and other "behind the scenes" type things, but sticking it in the face of other customers creates a "CLASS" system.

Uh Oh what about Disneyland Paris? :)

shoppingnut

I think the FP systems works just fine the way it is and should be left alone. Also, now that they have EMH in the evening for resort guests, I think that might lighten up some of the lines during the afternoon. I'm very excited about the evening EMH, since I don't like getting up early for the morning ones, the evening ones work perfect for me. I think that is a great perk for resort guests.

I don't particularly like the UO system since you can basically "buy it" which makes folks who can't afford it feel bad and creates a class system. UO also has only 3 hotels, so they can afford to let their resort guests into the FP line with the room key. Also, UO parking system annoys me too, there is the regular fee to park, but if you are willing to pay about $4 more, you can park in the front on the lane near the hub. UO definitely has a class system of the "haves" and "have nots."

Imagine Disney doing that with the AK resorts in AK, consider that All Stars and Pop have about 3,000 rooms each and then there is the AKL and CS that are all AK resorts, it would be madness in the AK park. I think Disney's system is fair to all people, seasonal and FL residents pay a nice chunk of change for their AP's too, so why should they be penalized for not staying on property. Mind you that I always stay on site because I don't live close, but don't feel it would be fair to the FL folks.

PeeplMoovr

KevinPage said:

Agreed and well said.
Also, as I only live 90 minutes from WDW I only stay on property 2 or 3 times a year, usually for a 3-day weekend or so. All other times I take day trips. If Disney put this policy into action, they could forget about the $400 a year (x2 = $800 a year w/ my wife) for a PAP and any other $ I spend there. I play the fast passes to reduce my time waiting. Basically you'd be asking all Florida residents that day-trip to give up the fast passes. Bad, bad, bad idea.

socalkdg

Keep FP the way it is. I stay onsite, but I wouldn't want to penalize people that don't. If they want to give more benefits to onsite people, do it by adding more transportation options(more buses, extend monorail, add rail system, etc.) Once everyone is in the park, everyone should have equal access to what it has to offer.

Dayma

I would like FP for only resort guests. I think that the money you pay on site should give you something the rest dont have.

goofyfan13

blackride said:
I would like FP for only resort guests. I think that the money you pay on site should give you something the rest dont have.

There are things that resort guests get that the rest don't, Extra Magic Hour, free parking, transportation, ect..,

AEfx

No way, Jose.

I'm all for resort-guest only perks, but to create a class system is a no-no.

While at Universal it is slightly off-putting, there are only 3 resorts that participate in the unlimited FOTL system. They are a much smaller percentage of guests than guests of Disney resorts in Disney parks.

Some of the people who benefit the most are one-day guests (conventions, etc.) and passholders, many of whom never have to stay on property. It doesn't make sense to exculde them when people who are staying on property already get EMH and longer stays anyway on top of FP.

It's like how it makes me cringe when I think of the old days and tickets. Thankfully they were done away with a few years before I started visiting the parks, but unlike many amusement parks at the time one of the most magical things to me as a kid was that you could do anything, as much as you wanted at WDW. No worrying about how many ride coupons you have left, or using them all up too quickly.

Everyone is an equal Disney citizen during normal operating hours - and I like it that way. :)

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom