fastpass for resort guests only

t_zeke77

Original Poster
ok i see the love for fastpass now:animwink: but i feel they can make it better. how if they do what universal does, make fastpass available to only wdw resort guests only. i think that would make my disney experience even better:) your thoughts?

tk421-sw

t_zeke77 said:
do what universal does, make fastpass available to only wdw resort guests only.

So If I stay at the All Star Movies I can get fastpasses for the MIB ride?..J/k, but I do get what you mean. I guess getting into the parks an hour earlier, and stayting three is there way of doing that right now. But you never know what they have up their sleves...

Robfasto

At one time I heard a rumor about a Premium Fastpass that you could buy for an extra fee. I am glad that I have not heard anything else about this as it would be a very bad idea.

You will then have to classes of guest, those who can afford to pay extra and those who can't.

Brooke

Universal Express Passes are available to ALL guests. Resort guests don't get Express Passes they just show their room key. I personally think this works okay at Universal because they only have 3 resorts. But it would be a bad idea for Disney since SO many people stay onsite.

CountryBoy004

Account Suspended
That would really not serve a purpose at all. The Disney Resorts are already sucessful and they really don't need to offer any more "perks" than what are already offered to resort guests.

Universal on the other hand, had to basically copy Disney's Fastpass system (as they do so often) in order to use it as a perk to stay at their over priced resorts.

surfsupdon

Robfasto said:
You will then have to classes of guest, those who can afford to pay extra and those who can't.

I have always completely understood that argument. Yet, Disney already does have several classes based on the hierarchy of Resort levels. (The differing classes being the Resort itself, not the people who stay at them.)

You can't pay more money to get a "premium Fastpass" b/c that would cause "classes" and those that can afford the option as "better."

But you can have those that pay more have the closer bus stops, more food options, pool slides, and double sinks.

That's just how it works.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
CountryBoy004 Universal on the other hand said:
wow, you've never spent a minute in a UO resort. and you have no idea the original pitch of Universal Studios was to Paramount, with Eisner in the room. also, you have no clue as to the number of former Imagineers that work for Universal now. in a nutshell, UO rarely copies Disney. they're actually showing a trend of surpassing Disney.

all 3 of UO's resorts are a current AAA 4 diamond property. and the room key is a perk, but the rest of the guests suffer during the peak times. express passes are gone before noon on all of the big attractions.

If you don't think disney hasn't studied the UO EP for resort guests, you're way off, the EMH's are a direct COUNTER of what UO can offer, but on a larger scale due to the sheer amount of rooms on WDW property. the magical express is a direct COUNTER to UO, trying to keep people on WDW property. for good reason, FL resident and AP holders haven't had a good room rate recently due to UO's 'overpriced' resorts at capacity lately. :)

SpectroMan

Haven't they had EMHs for a while now, before fastpass was even introduced. They have made them longer at night, but I do not think it is just to counter Universal's walk-on policy. Disney would be better off even if it wasn't for these things that they are trying to "counter."

JCAEdge21

what disney could do is give priority access to attractions for hotel guests like universal does, except have each hotel assigned a park. for example, magic kingdom resort guests would have an "unlimited fastpass" for magic kingdom fastpass attractions. same thing goes with all other parks and their respective resort area.

Pongo

t_zeke77 said:
ok i see the love for fastpass now:animwink: but i feel they can make it better. how if they do what universal does, make fastpass available to only wdw resort guests only. i think that would make my disney experience even better:) your thoughts?

I don't think this is very fair for people like me who live an hour away from Disney and don't have to stay in the resorts. I have to stand in the now 2 hour+ lines while people that stay at the resorts can breeze on past?

I like the way it is now.

NemoRocks78

Seized
MrNonacho said:
No. It's bad enough at Universal.

How so?

CountryBoy004 said:
Universal on the other hand, had to basically copy Disney's Fastpass system (as they do so often) in order to use it as a perk to stay at their over priced resorts.

1. EPs are a HUGE improvement over FPs. Why? There are few EPs let out which leads to smaller wait times for both EP holders and guests in the stand-by line. The EP machines also give you two choices of times and you can also get EPs for other attractions while at a different EP location (for example, you can get an EP for Terminator 2: 3D at Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast).

2. Overpriced? The Royal Pacific is about the same price of a moderate at WDW, and the Portofino Bay Resort and Hard Rock Hotel run at about the same prices of a deluxe at WDW (and are better quality, IMO).

MrNonacho

Premium Member
NemoRocks said:

Since resort guests use the Express entrances, the number of Express passes that are given out to day guests must be reduced. This leads to passes running out much faster. If you arrive at the park a little late, then you've pretty much got no chance.

goofyfan13

Brooke said:
Universal Express Passes are available to ALL guests. Resort guests don't get Express Passes they just show their room key. I personally think this works okay at Universal because they only have 3 resorts. But it would be a bad idea for Disney since SO many people stay onsite.

Exactly. Universal has 3 resorts and 2 parks, now compare that to 19 resorts and 4 parks. Logistical nightmare, if all of the WDW resort guests got to go to the front of the line, the wait times would be astronomical, and I don't think that the system is very fair. I have both luxuries of being able to go every other weekend(going to school in Daytona) and staying on property(parents coming down on vacation), and think that the system that Universal uses is a horrible idea for Disney, and mostly for the reasons I just stated.

napnet

It would be a bad idea, especially for those of us who live close enough to go without having to stay anywhere. We have family about an hour away and we stay with them. It would be quite an expensive inconvienence if the fastpass was for resort guests only. I am not going to pay an extra 70+ a night when i can stay for free with the in-law. Why make FL residents have to not use the fast pass just because we live near Disney.

Captain Hank

I like the principle that Fastpass is available to everyone. I think resort guests get an appropriate number of perks (and this is coming from a resort guest), and I feel there's really no reason to treat day guests as second-class citizens when it comes to things like Fastpass. The current setup allows even people on a budget too small to afford a Disney resort to have the privilege of jumping the line a few times a day.

Sure, things would probably be pretty nice for us resort guests if we were the only ones able to use Fastpass. But imagine the "Stand-by Stares" given by day guests who wouldn't ever be able to use a Fastpass. I actually think that would cause some major frustration--and frustrated guests don't stay long, don't buy things, and are unlikely to return.

And as for the possibility of day guests buying a Fastpass, I just don't like the concept of buying your way to the front of the line. I agree our current system has a few shortcomings, but overall I think it's pretty well done. And if you don't like Fastpass, just don't use it.

RedGear

Brooke said:

Ditto! This would be a nightmare! :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom