Fastpass discontinued at WDW shows

imamouse

Original Poster
According to www.touringplans.com:

"Fastpass has been discontinued for the duration of 2009 for all show-type attractions at Walt Disney World. This includes Honey I shrunk the Audience, Philharmagic, Muppetvision, Stitch's Great Escape, Lights Motors Action Stunt Show, It's Tough to be a Bug, and possibly a few others we're forgetting."

Captain Hank

Did MuppetVision even have fastpass? o_o

Ev
It used to. Hasn't for a while.

The only theater show that I can think of that sort-of needed FP at all was Voyage of the Little Mermaid...and it didn't really need it. Maybe LMAX, but again, not a huge deal for it to be gone.

hpyhnt 1000

Hm...can anyone else confirm this? Most interesting if its true, though in all honesty, I never did understand why theater shows needed Fastpass.

Philo

How about Indie's Stunt Show or MILF? (they did have FP right? I've never had to get one so not sure)

To be honest, this isn't really a supprise. Those listed above hardly got the biggest crowds. IMO Philharmagic is one of the best attractions on property but I've never queued for more than about 20 mins.

disneytopdog

Hm...can anyone else confirm this? Most interesting if its true, though in all honesty, I never did understand why theater shows needed Fastpass.

Your not alone....I could never see why you would need fastpass for a theater that holds 500 to 1000+ people at a time. Unless, maybe for that gem of a show "Sounds Dangerous starring Drew Carey"....

Disneyson 1

There is: MILFCC, but that's not as funny! Anyway, this isn't such a big deal to me; It's not like these shows never fill their lines, though, so we'll see what Fastpass does for them.

CanadaD

I'd be interested to see what attractions will get the FP hardware, because knowing the current disney brass, they'd re-use something as valuable as that.

Great question about the Indy, and I don't think that it's a set in stone verdict that EVERY single show won't have fastpass, because that would just be a lame rule, with some of the shows actually using fastpass.

It just makes me wonder if there is something behind this, if they're heading towards what was rumoured earlier about fastpass becoming a paid commodity, just like universals. Ideas?

kimmychad

glad the fastpasses are gone from the shows, never had a purpose there. and the acronym milf for monsters inc. laugh floor has what ever meaning you want it to have.
if you see the meaning as something other than what its intended for then :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom