FASTPASS Coming to “Monsters Inc.”

flutas

Curious to see this comment on Twitter, if it's true this may be shaping up for a headache of a situation.

I was told adding Fastpass/MaxPass to Monsters Inc is a test for the upcoming Spider-Man attraction at DCA because they have similar through-puts. So far I’m not sure I would call it a success, unless more than doubling standby wait times was the goal.

Source

el_super

It’s a cute, inappropriately placed dark ride. It’s only ever been a walk-on the times I rode it. This is pure evidence how FastPass ruins things.

To be fair, the parks are exceptionally busy today. Falcon has no Fastpass and is also up to 75 minutes. Space Mountain was a 150 minute wait a while ago. Pretty sure that Fastpass is driving extra traffic to Monsters Inc, but saying it went from 15 mins to 75 because of Fastpass isnt really accurate either.

Edit to add:

Screenshot_20200215-171453.png

Also: LOL at the weird angle of the cloud wall on Hyperion. Never saw that before.

TP2000

Who would be willing to wait 75 minutes!?

Those starved for entertainment.

The parks are packed today for Presidents Day weekend and the busy vacation week ahead. Disney-Pixar Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind currently has a 45 minute wait, for example. It's a 60 minute wait for Pixar Pal-A-Round, Presented by Mickey Mouse and a 50 minute wait for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.

Disney Analyst

To be fair, the parks are exceptionally busy today. Falcon has no Fastpass and is also up to 75 minutes. Space Mountain was a 150 minute wait a while ago. Pretty sure that Fastpass is driving extra traffic to Monsters Inc, but saying it went from 15 mins to 75 because of Fastpass isnt really accurate either.

Edit to add:

View attachment 449229

Also: LOL at the weird angle of the cloud wall on Hyperion. Never saw that before.

Monsters Inc never got to 75 on even the busiest days, and it’s hit it several times today.

el_super

Monsters Inc never got to 75 on even the busiest days, and it’s hit it several times today.

Yes this is true. It has reached 60 mins on busy days before, and the jump from 60 to 75 is a better indication of the bump it got from adding Fastpass than thinking it went from 10 to 75 overnight.

George Lucas on a Bench

Edit to add:

View attachment 449229

I wonder if they angled it to establish that it's a big Pee Wee's Big Adventure Wall and you can't keep walking.

Curious Constance

Those starved for entertainment.

The parks are packed today for Presidents Day weekend and the busy vacation week ahead. Disney-Pixar Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind currently has a 45 minute wait, for example. It's a 60 minute wait for Pixar Pal-A-Round, Presented by Mickey Mouse and a 50 minute wait for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.
Please start the rituals now to appease any number of Gods or Disney media princesses to ensure our late June trip won’t be like this.

TP2000

Please start the rituals now to appease any number of Gods or Disney media princesses to ensure our late June trip won’t be like this.

Done!

Tomorrow I'm going to run some errands to pick up a few things and start building a Lovely Oregonian Family Candle Altar that will include ceremonial candles surrounded by branches of Douglas Fir, Hazlenuts, corks from used Pinot Noir wine bottles (I already have those actually), and a slab of Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese, to add to the vintage E Tickets and unused Autopia Fastpasses I will use for the decoupage base built on an old Nike shoebox. Surrounded by a cloud of fluffed up Burgerville napkins.

Crowned with a flattering photo of Bob Iger that I will cut out from a recent People Magazine, because I know you. :cool:

I just need to be told if you are an OSU Beavers family or a U of O Ducks family, so I can include the proper mascot on the altar next to the little Lego version of R2D2. If you are a Willamette U Bearcat, Lewis & Clark Newfoundland, or PSU Viking family, it will take a bit longer.

Let me know at your convenience, if you'd be so kind. But remember that your happiness depends on it.

Last edited:

Curious Constance

Done!

Tomorrow I'm going to run some errands to pick up a few things and start building a Lovely Oregonian Family Candle Altar that will include ceremonial candles surrounded by branches of Douglas Fir, Hazlenuts, corks from used Pinot Noir wine bottles (I already have those actually), and a slab of Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese, to add to the vintage E Tickets and unused Autopia Fastpasses I will use for the decoupage base built on an old Nike shoebox. Surrounded by a cloud of fluffed up Burgerville napkins.

Crowned with a flattering photo of Bob Iger that I will cut out from a recent People Magazine, because I know you. :cool:

I just need to be told if you are an OSU Beavers family or a U of O Ducks family, so I can include the proper mascot on the altar next to the little Lego version of R2D2. If you are a Willamette U Bearcat, Lewis & Clark Newfoundland, or PSU Viking family, it will take a bit longer.

Let me know at your convenience, if you'd be so kind. But remember that your happiness depends on it.

lol you are GOOD!!!!

But, the very thought that someone could think that we might potentially be a Beavers family is chilling me to the absolute bone and I feel as though my soul is now tainted and will never be clean again. GROSS!!!!
🦆 🦆 🦆 DUCKS!!!!!

F305A627-7F63-4B2A-9141-717AA56F6EA9.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom