FASTPASS Coming to “Monsters Inc.”

Sharon&Susan

The line is always 10 minutes or less when I go, don't know why this needs fastpass.

I'm curious to see if this shares a Fastpass distribution center with Mission Breakout or they'll build a new one which if it's anywhere near as good as what was added for the Matterhorn's distribution center, I would welcome that.

Last edited:

TP2000

My God, the work put into that press release was stunning. And also tiring. How do they create a writing style that forced and that smarmy sounding? It comes off as a kind of creepy and desperate plea to visit Disneyland. Ahora!

Last edited:

socalifornian

Wasn’t Astro Blasters added to FP after Autopia removed it? I remember it feeling like a swap. They’ve since pivoted to periodic additions and off-grid is yesterland

Attachments

• F4993354-A574-40D1-B595-55C056180966.jpeg
    F4993354-A574-40D1-B595-55C056180966.jpeg
    145.4 KB · Views: 75

PiratesMansion

Oh yay, another ride that you can always get on in about 15 minutes gets FP to inflate the wait. Oh boy...

Can't wait until they add it to Winnie the Pooh, that five minute wait is always excruciating!

George Lucas on a Bench

I feel this is to give more "value" to max pass buyers that show up late.

Disney World is full of fastpasses for 10 min waits like Mickey's Philharmargic, Beauty and the Beast Live, Sea With Nemo and Friends.

I figure these are supposed to be consolations for people that are planning their vacation late and missed out on FPs for the real rides.

Ding ding ding.

el_super

I feel this is to give more "value" to max pass buyers that show up late.

Sorta. Part of the problem is guests complaining that there aren't enough Fastpass options and that all rides should have it. People do have different priorities so maybe they would rather have an Autopia or Monsters fastpass than Space Mountain.

Could also be that both rides aren't seeing the numbers they want, and giving them fastpass might drive more people to check them out. Could be a bad sign for both being on the chopping block.

I seem to think that both were designed for Fastpass. I know Autopia did have it for awhile, but I don't think it was ever implemented for Superstar Limo. But I could be wrong.

TP2000

For those keeping score at home, here is the number of times Mr. Ramirez replaced the word "child/children" with these euphemisms in his Disney Parks Blog post;

Little Ones = 5
Little Tykes = 2
Little Cars =1
Younglings = 1
Young Cowboys/Cowgirls = 1

Stunning. Just... stunning.

Last edited:

BrianLo

I'm not opposed to Autotopia getting fastpass. Selfishly I could see it saving ME time. Hopefully though it forces them to run all the tracks.

Monsters Inc though has very little utility. There was maybe one instance where I went to ride it and it was 20-25 minutes and I turned around an left. Apart from DCA, just desperately needing fast pass I guess. There is little reason to have it.

Ismael Flores

coming soon,
Mickey meet and greet fastpass
Dumbo fastpass
Casey junior train fastpass
silly symphony swings fastpass
emotional swing fastpass
Great momenta with Mr Lincoln fastpass
mainstreet restrooms fastpass
frontierland restroom fastpass

I am surprised they haven't made the bypass walkway behind mainstreet a up charge or a maxpass only benefit
-Avoid the mainstreet crowds and skip your way thru a magical and whimsical passageway.

This uniquely themed walkway is dotted with original artwork of all the attractions you can enjoy before anyone else.
breeze your way in a calm alley as you escape the clogged streets of mainstreet. In the evenings enjoy the sounds of fireworks as you head to the most magical place in the world with your Princesses and Prince.

Blu

Makes you wonder if Disney is doing fastpass BECAUSE it's a walk on attraction.
So true, it’s guaranteed people will inevitably blow there fast pass on monsters, thus pushing out more valuable fast passes elsewhere. Poor poor monsters, all alone in a lonely corner, with a lower survival expectancy than the jumping jellyfish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom