Fastpass+, a solution to "overwhelmingly negative" responses from families

luv

Except you refuse to stay at Universal b/c it's all thrill rides and very little substance and if I want to skip those lines I have to stay on property or pay for it.
No. I've been to Uni. I know it isn't all thrill rides, lol. I know that the thrill rides they do have are serious ones. And I not only didn't refuse to stay there...once I had stayed there, I began making them home base and making the Disney property the one I drove to.

You must have me confused with someone else, but I can't imagine who would have said that.

The part about needing to stay in a Uni hotel to skip the lines is true.

PhotoDave219

. Disney will give you a walk up table if it's available. It's OTHER GUESTS that plan way in advance and the rush to beat everyone else for finite capacity is what drives the booking windows longer.

Bull(Pooh!). Disney will not give you a walk up table. You have to make a reservation. Of course, making on your phone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM does tend to irritate them, yes.

Do I fault the Other Guests? Damn right. Going to blame them for the next two weeks of (Pooh!)-ty traffic to and from my house.

Tim_4

Bull(Pooh!). Disney will not give you a walk up table. You have to make a reservation. Of course, making on your phone RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM does tend to irritate them, yes.

Do I fault the Other Guests? Damn right. Going to blame them for the next two weeks of (Pooh!)-ty traffic to and from my house.
I eat walk up lunch ALL the time. At least once a week. Sanaa. Olivia's. Turf Club before they stopped serving lunch. Grand Floridian Cafe. All the time.

pjammer

No. I've been to Uni. I know it isn't all thrill rides, lol. I know that the thrill rides they do have are serious ones. And I not only didn't refuse to stay there...once I had stayed there, I began making them home base and making the Disney property the one I drove to.

You must have me confused with someone else, but I can't imagine who would have said that.

The part about needing to stay in a Uni hotel to skip the lines is true.
Sorry I meant when I refuse to stay there. And if you don't want to take place in MM+ or FP+ then that's even better for me. You can ride your favorite rides while I ride mine.

PhotoDave219

That's going to happen regardless when a park is busy..but even a slow day at Epcot would have you suffering in a 40+ minute queue at Soarin with no shot in hell at eating at LeCellier.

The last time i ate at Le Cellier, my steak was overcooked. The one they brought me out to replace it was overcooked. I think I'm fine with not having to fight to get an ADR there.

luv

I eat walk up lunch ALL the time. At least once a week. Sanaa. Olivia's. Turf Club before they stopped serving lunch. Grand Floridian Cafe. All the time.
Dave is right. There are restaurants that will not take walk-ups. I have done the same thing, stood at the podium of a half-empty restaurant calling Disney dining to make a reservation. They make it for one hour later (because for some reason, they cannot schedule it any sooner).

Even though its for an hour later, they staff will then seat me. They usually apologize and say that they have to do it that way - Disney policy.

Some places will take a walk-up. Some (seriously) will not...even if they aren't that busy.

They never get mad at me. But I'm nicer than Dave. ;)

Tim_4

Sorry I meant when I refuse to stay there. And if you don't wang to take place in MM+ or FP+ then that's even better for me. You can ride your favorite rides while I ride mine.
This statement is why I'm ultimately reserving judgment until we see it play out. I don't know what percentage of guests use FP now or how that will change with FP+. With day guests and Cast Members losing the ability to use Fastpass and much more attractions on the program, I anticipate lower stand by lines overall. We shall see.

PhotoDave219

I might have been the one to call it out explicitly but you, @menamechris, and others imply it fairly regularly.

I think the overall point is not that TDO is intentionally trying to sabatoge anything for nefarious reasons, rather its ineptitude & shortsightedness, a lack of thinking through their ideas and being out of touch with the day-to-day operations of how to run these parks.

TDO tends to reinforce the "Law of Unintended Consequences" constantly.

IMO anyways.

luv

Lol do you realize what you're saying?

"WDW rides and restaurants are too popular so you have to plan in advance to experience them. Universal is far less popular so you can enjoy it at a more leisurely pace."

And that statement is somehow supposed to demonstrate Universal's superiority. They WISH they had this problem. People barging down the doors to experience your stuff is a GOOD thing. Hell people would make reservations at Le Cellier a year+ out if they were allowed. People look at the 180 day window as Disney "making you plan ahead" but it's just the opposite. Without that window you'd be planning your dining literally years in advance because the über planners would do so and you have to beat them if you want a table so you become an uber planner yourself. It's not Disney that MAKES you book things in advance. Disney will give you a walk up table if it's available. It's OTHER GUESTS that plan way in advance and the rush to beat everyone else for finite capacity is what drives the booking windows longer.
I'm not saying they are superior. It's just so much more relaxing to sleep in, walk from ride to ride with no criss-crossing, lunch when you want, etc. All fun and relaxation. No work. I prefer that. Not everyone would, I guess. No biggie. :)

I do think their hotels are superior, though.

PhotoDave219

I'm sorry, Let me clarify my thought: I cannot get walk-up seating for dinner at an in-park restaurant anymore. The last time I did, it was The Plaza Restaurant and it was on a very low attendance day.

Good choice of restaurants for lunch. Now I'm hungry.....

PhotoDave219

Coming from Tampa? You should beat the morning outlet traffic so 4 might actually be manageable. I'd still probably do 429 though.

No, Davenport/Haines City/Kissimmee/Poinciana/middle-of-nowhere-why-cant-they-build-a-road-straight-north area.

I'm expecting by mid-day there to be a five-mile or longer backup on each side of 535/Downtown Disney exit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom