Fast Pass Return Time

zeroFantasy

Yes it's true. And please, no one checks dates and not everyone checks the time either. I've seen so many 2004 fastpasses that I took them for my scrabook and just let the people through. I've also had a few rider switches from Magic Kingdom go through a ride in EPCOT. I kept those too. What? LOL. Do you really think I'm going to wait in line for Space Mountain? I don't think so. :p

TLS

While in DL this time last year, we tried it on California Screamin' . The cast member checking FP's just looked at us and smiled as if she knew that we were "in the loop" on the loophole. We really didn't need to use FP there for anything else....lines were short. The FP we used was printed for a time like 5 hours earlier! We read about this also in the Unofficial Guide book.

Now, this past September, we went to WDW and it seemed as though they were being a bit more careful about checking times. EE was one that really looked as if they were looking specifically at the times.

But once again, this time the parks weren't really crowded, so it really wasn't an issue.

I feel you miss a lot of theming on the FP line. So if it's your first time on a ride, you really should wait to experience the theming in the que area.

meryll83

Well all this I did not know, thanks for the info guys, I've always thought they were useless after the time slot had gone.
Now I know better :sohappy:

lentesta

Premium Member
From my understanding the Fastpass code is more of actually what you might call "guidelines."

Best. Line. Ever.

Keep in mind that you've still got a slim chance of being denied entry with an expired FASTPASS. And if it's 10 am, don't try to use yesterday's 6 pm FASTPASSES. I know from personal experience that doesn't work. ;)

Len

kennygman

Best. Line. Ever.

Keep in mind that you've still got a slim chance of being denied entry with an expired FASTPASS. And if it's 10 am, don't try to use yesterday's 6 pm FASTPASSES. I know from personal experience that doesn't work. ;)

Len

Thanks Len.

Enjoy your website and plans (member) and your radio show.

The ONLY time I've ever been denied entry was probably the strangest one...Voyage of the Little Mermaid (of all attractions). The guy took them, looked at them, tore them in half, placed them in the trash can and said, "Tough luck, stand in line." I was okay with not being able to use 3 hours late FP, but not the attitude. I'm not one to push or test the CMs. Manager standing nearby apologized for attitude and gave us FP for ToT and RnR and said, "The FP is good ANYTIME after the first time posted, come on in." He then offered us any seat in the house.

ears2you

We had fastpasses for Peter Pan on our last trip and tried to go 5 minutes early so we could get to our preferred seating for Cindi's. No luck. The CM would not let us in early. I stood there for five minutes and smiled at him. :D

Yea, you might be able to say that what we are doing by going in after the time is wrong, but trying to worm your way in before your stated time is never gonna work. CM's are told not to let anyone in before their time-after that it doesnt matter. Maybe you could save it for after your meal and use it then. :wave:

The ONLY time I've ever been denied entry was probably the strangest one...Voyage of the Little Mermaid (of all attractions).

Set SHowtime attractions FP's are ONLY good for the specific show time on the FP.

You have to remember if every FP for the show is handed out and to many peopel come back late, there wont be enough seats for every one.

We have the same problem at HISTA. when it is busy, we cant take late Fastpasses, there just wouldnt be enough seats.

For a show like Little Mermaid, with a smaller theater it would be an even bigger issue.

"The FP is good ANYTIME after the first time posted, come on in." He then offered us any seat in the house.

While it is Unoffical policy that FP's are accepted late, it is not a Set in stone rule and there may always be exceptions, based on operating conditions.

If an attraction has been 101, there is a major backup in the FP, or standby line late returning FP's may be asked to wait.

Also, if you do comeback a day or more late, and the CM does not let you in , most manangers will back up the CM's.

Now most Cm's dont bother to look at the date, but if they do, you wont will if you are told you cant use it.

Nicole

I wonder if everyone figures out that you can use your fastpasses any time after the window starts if that will mess up the system? I would imagine that if the majority of people start to come back late they will have to modify the policies.

dxwwf3

I wonder if everyone figures out that you can use your fastpasses any time after the window starts if that will mess up the system? I would imagine that if the majority of people start to come back late they will have to modify the policies.

I'd say most of the people who get FP's, have no idea you can use them after the time. And I think most people want to get on the attraction ASAP, so unless something out of the ordinary happens, most people are going to try their best to get to the attraction on time.

Tramp

That's exactly what I was thinking, Nicole. Disney is trying to accommodate everyone with their policy and it's been working just fine. I don't like having to rush thru a meal or hurry a shopping stop simply to have to make a fastpass window. The likelihood of large numbers of people hoarding fastpasses and using them at the same time later on is probably very small, if not totally unlikely. But if it becomes a chronic crowd issue, we may soon see fastpasses with larger windows, perhaps 3 hours, with no entrance to an attraction outside of that window. As it stands right now, as long as fastpasses are used at a fairly even rate throughout the day, it makes little difference to the overall, daily flow of traffic thru the attraction, and Disney recognizes this. The only time I've seen a fastpass backlog is when an attraction broke down during the day and has re-opened.

The use of fastpasses on another day is just plain cheating. At least that's the way I've always understood the rules. I've seen kids stopped inside Space Mountain when the CM noticed they were trying to slip him an old fastpass. That's the way it should be and kudos to the CM for sending them out the same way their sorry butts came in. If the system can be abused, you can count on the dumbest among us to make sure it is, and the rest of us will have to live with the consequences.

ears2you

yea there are too many first timers, tour groups, honest people, and people who dont use their brains in disney to figure it out.

DisneyMusician2

I agree, and maybe Disney should widen the window a bit, but really crack down on enforcing the time on the slip.

Or perhaps you should be able to choose where your window can be somehow....not really sure how that might work, but it would be really cool.:D

AEfx

I never use fp that are in the time window. Cuz if I get to MK at opening and fp splM and ride it, and when I come back for Splm fp time and theres no one in line, Im gonna go standby and save that fp until its worth it, ie 40 50+ minute wait, I never waste a fp. I also save them for future trips, I have fp ToT countless times knowing I was leaving the park and would not be able to come back that trip, upp, I just save em for my next trip.

Yea, a lady at Soarin told my dad, "Next time come back in the time window" it threw him for a loop. We were thinking, we'll come back whenever we're able to.

And if you had said that aloud, I hope the CM would tell you, "Then you are welcome to the stand-by line". The times printed on a FP aren't for your health...they are there for a reason. It is so nice that they will make exceptions a lot of the time, but if people were all like you the whole system wouldn't work.

Using them on future TRIPS is ridiculous, and if I were a CM you wouldn't get past me. That's just silly.

If everyone felt entitled to "we'll come back whenever we're able to", then FP wouldn't work at all.

Unfortunately, it's people like yourself that will lead to more stringent FP rules in the future; while it's understandable to miss a FP for a meal or something else and get to use it later in the same day, if people are as unreasonable about it as you seem to be in thinking you can use them on other days/trips, we'll all pay the price.

AEfx

ears2you

And if you had said that aloud, I hope the CM would tell you, "Then you are welcome to the stand-by line". The times printed on a FP aren't for your health...they are there for a reason. It is so nice that they will make exceptions a lot of the time, but if people were all like you the whole system wouldn't work.

Using them on future TRIPS is ridiculous, and if I were a CM you wouldn't get past me. That's just silly.

If everyone felt entitled to "we'll come back whenever we're able to", then FP wouldn't work at all.

Unfortunately, it's people like yourself that will lead to more stringent FP rules in the future; while it's understandable to miss a FP for a meal or something else and get to use it later in the same day, if people are as unreasonable about it as you seem to be in thinking you can use them on other days/trips, we'll all pay the price.

AEfx

while true-no one notices the day it was printed. and in all honesty, there are so many fastpasses, it doesnt really matter if a small persentage of us bend the rules. And i have read from another thread that CMs are TOLD to accept any fastpass after the first time, no matter what.

And why should you be worried about Disney tightening the rules if you follow them anyway?

the-reason14

AEfx

Whatever man.:rolleyes: The way I see it is that if they cared about the day only issue, put the date larger than what it is. You can say, think whatever the _______(you decide what it says:p ) you want to. No duh the time window is there for a reason, but does everyone including yourself always hit the time frame, most likely, not. So how is using it later a problem, even if its later in days/weeks/months/years. If they stop me, then no duh they stop me, even then there are ways to still use that fp. And in the end if "people like myself"(paraphrased) were to make the fp rules more forceful, so be it, wont get this:cry: from me. Its people like me, that go to the parks and have fun, and know how to do, what it is we need to do.

Peace out patnah;) :D :rolleyes: :cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Whatever man.:rolleyes: The way I see it is that if they cared about the day only issue, put the date larger than what it is. You can say, think whatever the _______(you decide what it says:p ) you want to. No duh the time window is there for a reason, but does everyone including yourself always hit the time frame, most likely, not. So how is using it later a problem, even if its later in days/weeks/months/years. If they stop me, then no duh they stop me, even then there are ways to still use that fp. And in the end if "people like myself"(paraphrased) were to make the fp rules more forceful, so be it, wont get this:cry: from me. Its people like me, that go to the parks and have fun, and know how to do, what it is we need to do. Peace out patnah

This coming from the same person that thinks its OK to leave the queue to go ride other attractions then cut in front of others to rejoin his group. :brick: :brick: :brick:

Breaking the rules to fit your own agenda should be punished NOT rewarded.

Attitudes like this DO NOT belong on this board. :mad:

Back on the ignore list you go. :wave:

DonaldD23

This whole thread is ridiculous.

I have the solution to everyone's problem:

If you have a fast pass and are unable to use it during the time it is for on the day it was issued, then GIVE IT TO ME! This way, I would be the only person breaking the rules of the fast pass and since I can only be on one ride at a time, there would never be more than 1 extra person in the fp line at any given time.

Email me and I'll send you the address to mail me all your unused fast passes!

Now, can we end this silly thread and worry about more important issues...like when will Donald Duck get some more respect!:hammer:

DisneySaint

Fastpasses are NEVER accepted early and, as far as them being late, all I can say is don't fault the individual CM for not letting you in after your time has expired. If they do it, they are doing it as a favor to you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom