Farewell Who Wants to be a Millionaire

OmegaKnight

I remember going to WWTBAM during Star Wars Weekends and having an absolute blast. The host was hilarious and everyone was having an awesome time. Being a Cast Member though, I wasn't ever allowed to be in the hot seat though. If the rumored replacement for Millionaire is true though, then MGM is getting one heck of a new attraction to replace it.

Connor002

(breaks out in song):

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple too
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird
Is popping out to say "cuckoo"

Cuckoo, cuckoo

Regretfully they tell us Cuckoo, cuckoo
But firmly they compel us Cuckoo, cuckoo
To say goodbye . . .

Cuckoo!

. . . to you

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to yieu and yieu and yieu

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye -- Goodbye!
I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly

The sun has gone to bed and so must I

So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Goodbye!
:wave:

I started singing part-way through reading that... :lookaroun

So... will the next attraction ask a rhetorical question?

Firewolfe51

Oh well...we went there only once. However, while working out @ the gym the other day they had Millionaire on the big screens, and where were they???? Disney World. It was kinda cool!! Bye Bye!!

dxwwf3

The novelty never wore off for me. If you're there solely to win, you're not going to have much fun. However, I enjoyed going to have fun, or to see the hosts. Most of them were real funny and it was nice seeing them interact with guests.

That's cool. I am honestly sad for fans of any attraction when it closes, I know how it feels. I do hope that you and others enjoy the next attraction to come to the soundstage. From what we've heard so far (which is not a ton admittingly) it sounds like Disney isn't going for the cheap replacement here.

DDuckFan130

That's cool. I am honestly sad for fans of any attraction when it closes, I know how it feels. I do hope that you and others enjoy the next attraction to come to the soundstage. From what we've heard so far (which is not a ton admittingly) it sounds like Disney isn't going for the cheap replacement here.
I agree and look forward to it :)

CThaddeus

It's still a shame to see it go when they could have put Midway Madness (or whatever they decide to call it since the name makes no sense for the Disney-MGM Studios) in the Hunchback Theater or somewhere else where nothing currently exists. They could have perhaps linked it to Pizza Planet and created an entire "Toy Story" area or something. Sigh.
And what were they thinking in closing an attraction when summer is still going on? Wouldn't it have made more sense to wait until at least after Labor Day? I just don't get it.

bassman

woooo.
WWTBAM is gone.
some prime real estate now available for a new really cool,dark thrill ride attraction.
the crush E.A.C. coaster from paris possibly?,hopefully?,maybe?.

disneypyro

I was there!

I was actually there yesterday for the final show! It was really great. I loved the attraction and had made it into the hotseat twice (only made it to 64,000), while my friend had been in the hotseat 3 times and my brother twice! We wore our millionaire hats and polo shirts, and we definitely were not the only ones! The final show was filled with them. Even one person was wearing the 1,000,000 point leather jacket.

All the previous hosts were there and got standing ovations by the crowd along with the production/operations staff. The atmosphere in the show was the best of all the shows I had seen. Everyone was just having a really great time with the hosts cracking jokes at every turn, the crowd doing the wave prior to the show, and some people even yelled out answers! Also, after the first contestant had lost the "horn" sounded signaling the end of the show, but the crowd wouldn't have that. We began to boo and chant "One more! One more!" After a long pause the host and production manager gave in and we got to play again. No one won the cruise (and I was secretly hoping they would give one away regardless), but still did fairly well.

Our group saw the 4:35pm show and planned to eat dinner and then come back for the 6:35 final show, but when we got out of the 4:35 show (around 5:10), people were already lining up for the 6:35 show!! Dinner had to wait, but the wait was well worth it! I'm so glad I got to be a part of the final show.

Overall, I'm sad to see the show go, but I'm definitely looking forward to a new attraction.

JoeyGuacamole

The final show was filled with them. Even one person was wearing the 1,000,000 point leather jacket.

Was he an older gentelman with gray hair/beard? There's one guy who alwasy wore it, his name is Jose.

As a former cast member of Millionaire, it'd be great to be at this show,not only would it be great to see the old hosts but all of the people who came in to see Millionaire almost everyday. There were plenty of them, I just hope they can enjoy Midway Madness as much as they did Millionaire, or else there's away Buzz over at MK if they still have that competitve spirit.:lol:

disneypyro

Was he an older gentelman with gray hair/beard? There's one guy who alwasy wore it, his name is Jose.

As a former cast member of Millionaire, it'd be great to be at this show,not only would it be great to see the old hosts but all of the people who came in to see Millionaire almost everyday. There were plenty of them, I just hope they can enjoy Midway Madness as much as they did Millionaire, or else there's away Buzz over at MK if they still have that competitve spirit.:lol:

Yes, that's probably him!

I had no idea some people went to see the show that often! After I got in the hotseat, I didn't play for the 30 day period you couldn't be in the hotseat, just on the off chance that I might get in again. That would be so disappointing to have to decline.

During the final show my friends and I didn't even make it on the top ten list. We were playing in a room of Millionaire experts and didn't make the cut! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom