Farewell Who Wants to be a Millionaire

se8472

I am also sad to see the show go. I wasn’t the biggest fan of it but I did enjoy the atmosphere that it created. But I did pay my respect on Wednesday and got to sit in the fastest finger seat...finally! :)

dxwwf3

Now I don't need to go to that area of the park anymore. *shrug*

Yeah until Midway Mania opens up :lol:

In my opinion, I am very glad to see this show close for many reasons. One, after the first viewing, the novelty wore off very quickly. Two, I think the replacement attraction will be a big boost to MGM and a great attraction. And three, it will be good to see those soundstages used for a major attraction. I always felt that Disney was wasting that prime land area on Millionaire and a Mickey meet and greet. I am sad for any Millionaire fans out there, but I personally cared nothing about the show and I am happy to see it gone.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
How this is closing and Sounds Dangerous is still open is beyond me. Millionaire had such big crowds, even 2 weeks ago the theater was filled to the max capacity

I really don't know how much to stock to put into this, but I heard (and it sounds reasonable) that the main reason WWTBAM had such long lines was that it got ALOT of repeat participants.

Meaning some people went mainly to play the game over and over, the lines really weren't indicative of the way crowd dispersal should have been.

Don't remember where I heard this - but like I said - it sounds reasonable (for what it's worth.)

One Lil Spark said:
They already did! A new Stitch 3D show is going in there. It should be open by Christmas.

(shudders)

col

i liked going to watch it but i didnt make it a priority i think i only went into it a couple of times when there was no queue but when i was in there it was fun -im just glad i didnt get picked for the hot seat coz i wouldnt of been able to stop laughing thats why i always delayed my time pushing the button!:)

dkrfla

Me and the crew were there last Wednesday to see it one last time. Oddly enough for the first time ever we got selected to sit in the fastest finger seats. It was a very memorable experience and I took a few pictures of the set and the exteriors before the show started. I know some people didn't like it but we always did.

D~

dxwwf3

To be honest is there much left in MGM?

MGM is DEFINITELY my 2nd favorite park behind Epcot. I think the ToT and RNRC are 2 of the best (if not the 2 best) thrill attractions at WDW. You've got Muppet Vision which is my favorite 3D movie. Classics like Star Tours, Indiana Jones and Great Movie Ride. One Man's Dream gladly fills the void that the Walt Disney Story in the MK left behind when it closed. And MGM has my favorite nightime spectacular BY FAR in Fantasmic. And when it opens, I think Midway Mania will be a great attraction as well.

Not to mention all of the great restaurants there as well. Prime Time Cafe and the Brown Derby are two of the best on property (in their own unique ways) and it has been forever since we have been to the Sci-Fi or Momma Melrose's, but they seem to be quite popular as well.

Computer Magic

MGM is DEFINITELY my 2nd favorite park behind Epcot. I think the ToT and RNRC are 2 of the best (if not the 2 best) thrill attractions at WDW. You've got Muppet Vision which is my favorite 3D movie. Classics like Star Tours, Indiana Jones and Great Movie Ride. One Man's Dream gladly fills the void that the Walt Disney Story in the MK left behind when it closed. And MGM has my favorite nightime spectacular BY FAR in Fantasmic. And when it opens, I think Midway Mania will be a great attraction as well.

Not to mention all of the great restaurants there as well. Prime Time Cafe and the Brown Derby are two of the best on property (in their own unique ways) and it has been forever since we have been to the Sci-Fi or Momma Melrose's, but they seem to be quite popular as well.
I agree it does have great restaurants. I love Brown Derby.

I guess the rest is a matter of opinion and perference. For me I'll spend more time in AK

dxwwf3

is this considered drifting :lookaroun

I really don't think so, but I thought you may have.

For me, the good thing about this closure is that it looks like an upgrade of a replacement is coming very soon. It's not like they decided to take the current attraction, build a very advanced AA to sit in the Hot Seat, take away the audience participation, and create a new Playhouse Disney version of WWTBAM that couldn't be played by the guests, but only by an AA figure :lookaroun

DDuckFan130

Yeah until Midway Mania opens up :lol:

In my opinion, I am very glad to see this show close for many reasons. One, after the first viewing, the novelty wore off very quickly. Two, I think the replacement attraction will be a big boost to MGM and a great attraction. And three, it will be good to see those soundstages used for a major attraction. I always felt that Disney was wasting that prime land area on Millionaire and a Mickey meet and greet. I am sad for any Millionaire fans out there, but I personally cared nothing about the show and I am happy to see it gone.
The novelty never wore off for me. If you're there solely to win, you're not going to have much fun. However, I enjoyed going to have fun, or to see the hosts. Most of them were real funny and it was nice seeing them interact with guests.

Oh well, no big deal. I can get over it.

Originally Posted by Computer Magic

To be honest is there much left in MGM?

Our next trip we are only planning 1/2 day

Eh...I suppose not. The last few times we've gone, we have done a lot of attractions. Last trip we re-discovered VOTLM, MuppetVision and BatB thanks to a friend who has never been to MGM. We might see some of those again next month, but mostly we're there for ToT, RnRC, Fantasmic, and maybe GMR because we love seeing the Singin in the Rain trailer :)lookaroun) and the montage at the end.

GenerationX

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Last year I made it to the 1,000,000 point question and missed it. I was looking for redemption this year! Oh well, at least I still have my Shirt, hat, lanyard, and 10 pins. Would it be too geeky to wear it all at the same time in Disney? HaHa.
Last week I made it to the Hot Seat for the second game (8/8 1:40pm - I was wearing my White Sox cap). I didn't get quite as far as you did, but hey I still have the shirt, cap, lanyard, and a bunch of pins. The show was crowded and just as much fun as the time we went a couple of years ago. I'm sad to see it go. BTW - nice birthday, Rogue71371.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom