Fantasyland Permits

Tom

Beta Return
My apologies, but can someone define "menu shroud?" Is it just a fancy name for the "frame" around a posted menu board?

I was wondering the same thing. Anybody know? Maybe something to cover up the counter service menu when they transition to TS dinner??:veryconfu

VEA Creative is a sign company. They do a lot of signage for Disney, including the re-do of Space Mountain.

No menu should have a shroud, unless it's being hidden. And since we've all been told that Be Our Guest will be a hybrid dining location, the cover for the QS menu boards seems most likely.

Odd that they'd file a notice just for the shrouds. Why not the signs? Why not the 10,000 other components of the building?

BUT, on a positive note, this means they're working on the finishing touches. This type of thing wouldn't be installed until LAST. :sohappy:

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Is this Package 2? Taken this morning (5.7.12) More pics posted in the Second Dumbo Spinner gets Arms thread...

picture.php

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is this Package 2? Taken this morning (5.7.12) More pics posted in the Second Dumbo Spinner gets Arms thread...

No, they started putting the second Dumbo back together over a week ago and this notice was just issued today. Looking at the contractors web site, http://www.iastage.com, I am thinking it's more likely for something inside the queue tent.

Dan

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was another permit issued today for 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr which is the address of the old Dumbo. This is the 4th permit this year for this address, I have attached all four below. I am still a little perplexed as to what this is. The work being described just doesn't make sense for an area that is just going to be the castle walls. Three of the four permits use the abbreviation DBO but I haven't been able to figure out what that stands for.

1/26/2012: 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - 2011-8 Showset Package 1

3/16/2012: 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Development - DBO Show Control Hardware

4/4/2012: 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Development - DBO Show Control Hardware

5/16/2012: 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Dev - DBO AV Pkg

nepalostparks

There was another permit issued today for 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr which is the address of the old Dumbo. This is the 4th permit this year for this address, I have attached all four below. I am still a little perplexed as to what this is. The work being described just doesn't make sense for an area that is just going to be the castle walls. Three of the four permits use the abbreviation DBO but I haven't been able to figure out what that stands for.

3/16/2012: 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Development - DBO Show Control Hardware

4/4/2012: 1394 Magic Kingdom Dr - Experience Development - DBO Show Control Hardware

Is there any chance they adjusted the address to Belle's Cottage? There is supposed to be some sort of a storytelling/meet & greet experience there, if I remember correctly.

Otherwise I agree, it doesn't make sense unless we're missing something.

tdpolo26

Is there any chance they adjusted the address to Belle's Cottage? There is supposed to be some sort of a storytelling/meet & greet experience there, if I remember correctly.

DBO is the stock sign for D-BOX motion seating. http://www.stockhouse.com/Bullboards/MessageDetail.aspx?p=0&m=28355783&l=0&r=1&s=DBO.A&t=list
I dont know if it has anything to do with dbox because that would have to do with expierence and AV. I dunno what they would be putting it in. i mean it would have to be some sort of 4d show.
Another thought DBO stands for dumbo

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

That sounds plausible. The type of work in these permits would seem to fit in with Story Time with Belle.

Tom

Beta Return

Perhaps they're putting in some interactive features in that area, similar to what they may be doing in Adventureland soon with the Pirate stuff.

Or, it could very well be that they've re-assigned 1394 to Belle. It would make sense that they're installing Show Sets and Experience Hardware at a Meet-n-Greet, but based on these permits, it sounds like it's more involved than just a MnG, since they're mentioning show controls.

nepalostparks

Perhaps they're putting in some interactive features in that area, similar to what they may be doing in Adventureland soon with the Pirate stuff.

Or, it could very well be that they've re-assigned 1394 to Belle. It would make sense that they're installing Show Sets and Experience Hardware at a Meet-n-Greet, but based on these permits, it sounds like it's more involved than just a MnG, since they're mentioning show controls.

According to what's been released from Disney, it should be more than just a standard meet-and-greet, which is why I was wondering if they gave it that address.

From Disney Parks Blog earlier this year:

Nearby at Belle’s cottage, a magical mirror is the doorway to a captivating new kind of experience, where Belle, Lumiere and guests participate in a lively re-telling of the “tale as old as time.” In Enchanted Tales with Belle, the adventure begins at Maurice’s cottage, where you’ll step through an enchanted mirror that magically transports you to Beast’s library for an interactive storytelling session with Belle.

It seems like the "experience" could use a more detailed lighting/show package.

Tom

Beta Return
According to what's been released from Disney, it should be more than just a standard meet-and-greet, which is why I was wondering if they gave it that address.

From Disney Parks Blog earlier this year:

It seems like the "experience" could use a more detailed lighting/show package.

Yup, definitely for this. East/West, Belle is essentially in line with the late Dumbo. Sounds like 1394 has been repurposed.

nepalostparks

Yup, definitely for this. East/West, Belle is essentially in line with the late Dumbo. Sounds like 1394 has been repurposed.

Well then, a several month mystery solved :lol:

Don't know why it popped into my mind today, but I was thinking, it's relatively close to where Dumbo was... and the only thing I can think of nearby that should be getting those types of permits filed for.

Now to work on tomorrow night's lottery numbers :lol:

Tom

Beta Return
Interesting permit today from Buena Vista Construction for the new Dumbo. Some recently posted that the new spinner would close temporarily for some work once the new one opens. This might lend credence to that.

Fantasyland Dumbo - Provide labor, material and/or electrical for construction

Could be that they have to interconnect both spinners to the master computer for ride cycle coordination. I would have thought that spinner #1 would have already been connected, and the computers in place, but perhaps they have to take it offline to program the actual sequencing (which should be able to happen overnight, with a 5 minute computer reboot).

Not sure why else they'd still be filing new permits for Dumbo. It's essentially done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom