Rumor Fantasyland Expansion

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’d support Tokyo’s Tangled ride over their Beauty and the Beast ride coming to Disneyland. Also the show building for Beauty and the Beast is way too big for Disneyland. Like, an undeserving size for just another movie. Scale that down drastically if it’s to be in this small local park.
You know what they say, Go Big or Go Home!

BrianLo

I’d support Tokyo’s Tangled ride over their Beauty and the Beast ride coming to Disneyland. Also the show building for Beauty and the Beast is way too big for Disneyland. Like, an undeserving size for just another movie. Scale that down drastically if it’s to be in this small local park.

I agree. I call shenanigans on DL getting a clone of Tokyo's attraction. It is huuuuuuuuggggeee.

Animaniac93-98

You're right. We need a Mermaid expansion. :hilarious:

There aren't a lot of better European based fairytale options though. There are certainly a lot of worse choices. Plus I feel like Fantasyland is very clearly European rooted.

Rapunzel/Cinderella being the only clear standouts off the top of my head. But resort wide Beauty and the Beast and Frozen are the logical choices for more permanency.

Certainly I'd love to see things like Moana or Jungle Book... but not in Fantasyland.

I'd want a hybrid of Mysterious Island and Beastly Kingdom personally, it could bridge Tomorrow and Fantasylands.

I'd also support bringing back Captain Hook's ship and Skull Rock and building a new Pan ride and replacing the old one with Tangled. Now that Aladdin's been kicked out of Adventureland there could be a new home for him here too. They could also build a much better Pooh ride and replace the worst version in the world in Critter Country with something better as well.

We already have a European village courtyard as the main part of the land. I feel like making all of Fantasyland western Europe, specifically based on the Disney Princess cartoons, is limiting.

Phroobar

I'd want a hybrid of Mysterious Island and Beastly Kingdom personally, it could bridge Tomorrow and Fantasylands.

I'd also support bringing back Captain Hook's ship and Skull Rock and building a new Pan ride and replacing the old one with Tangled. Now that Aladdin's been kicked out of Adventureland there could be a new home for him here too. They could also build a much better Pooh ride and replace the worst version in the world in Critter Country with something better as well.

We already have a European village courtyard as the main part of the land. I feel like making all of Fantasyland western Europe, specifically based on the Disney Princess cartoons, is limiting.
I like the way you are thinking. Just add Seabase Delta and Horizons 2.0 and you got a deal!

NateD1226

If another princess ride/show gets incorporated to FL, I will throw all the ugly merchandise a Bob Chapek- Sorry, I got a little overwhelmed ;)

planodisney

I almost started a different topic but it’s probably not worth it.
The idea that DLR is just this small little local park is being way over exaggerated. The resort area has 10’s of thousands of hotel rooms with an occupancy in the 80-85% range average. Those aren’t locals making those reservations. Yes, compared to WDW, a greater percentage are locals, but people come to DLR from Canada, Asia, Australia and most states west of the Rockies.

yensidtlaw1969

I'm pretty sure Disney has no intention of killing Small World. But it was even publicly announced that they were going to tear down Tokyo's Small World and rebuild it on the location of their speedway. That plan ultimately was replaced with their Beauty and the Beast plan.

But the fact that it was announced and nearly happened shows that while Disney sees Small World as a valuable brand asset, they also see it as a cheap enough installation that it can be relocated if necessary.

If Disney is willing to change the course of the railroad and the Rivers of America for Star Wars, rebuilding Small World in a different location to make room for something like Frozen is a piece of cake.
Still catching up on this thread, so forgive me if this has been addressed in the pages since the post I’m replying to - the situation with Tokyo was very different because the Small World building reportedly sustained damage from the 2011 Earthquake. Serious enough that it was deemed, for at least a moment, worth it to remove the figures and sets from the building and install them in a newly built structure in a spot that could be conveniently placed to take advantage of the desire to expand Fantasyland. An Alice In Wonderland Ride and area would have been built in its old place, sidling nicely alongside the Queen of Hearts Restaurant.

In the end they chose not to do this, for whatever reason, and instead the ride got a biiiiiiiig refurb, during which they presumably addressed the structural issues while offering a number of cosmetic changes.

This is all to say, Disneyland’s Small World doesn’t have the excuse of faltering structural integrity to justify a move that would be convenient to expansion. Nor would moving it really be especially convenient to expansion in Disneyland.

TROR

I almost started a different topic but it’s probably not worth it.
The idea that DLR is just this small little local park is being way over exaggerated. The resort area has 10’s of thousands of hotel rooms with an occupancy in the 80-85% range average. Those aren’t locals making those reservations. Yes, compared to WDW, a greater percentage are locals, but people come to DLR from Canada, Asia, Australia and most states west of the Rockies.
Small in the sense it has little land to spare.

BrianLo

Reaffirmation that the B&TB clone is bunk: "The four attractions, three restaurants and one shop in Fantasy Springs, as well as the new Disney hotel, have all been newly developed exclusively for this expansion."

Unless we are talking about this expansion occurring in 2028.

RescueTheDay

Reaffirmation that the B&TB clone is bunk: "The four attractions, three restaurants and one shop in Fantasy Springs, as well as the new Disney hotel, have all been newly developed exclusively for this expansion."

While I don’t believe the rumor, the B&TB attraction is not part of Fantasy Springs.

mickEblu

As much as I love DL's Fantasyland, it does kind of need 1-2 modern Fantasyland attractions. My thing though is that I think the courtyard is perfect so I hope any FL attraction is put in the rumored FL theatre/ motorboat/ part of Autopia plots and that they fit the scale of the surrounding area. Being that expansion space at DL is limited and if they are trying to bring some IP for today's kids then Frozen is the obvious choice. Not to mention the billion or so dollars Frozen 2 will make. I don't think the BATB ride at DL has any legs. Its interesting to think of what secondary IP would be part of the FL expansion, if there is one at all. My money would be on a Frozen attraction/Arendelle and maybe the BOG restaurant since they could just clone that.

planodisney

There are obviously still places to add attractions with some reshuffling as has been discussed, but just to clarify the size issue, with Star Wars GE opening, Disneyland will be 100 acres and Magic Kingdom is 107.

mickEblu

There are obviously still places to add attractions with some reshuffling as has been discussed, but just to clarify the size issue, with Star Wars GE opening, Disneyland will be 100 acres and Magic Kingdom is 107.

Wasn't Disneyland only like 66 acres or something in the 90's? How did we get to 100? Maybe it was 66 acres pre Indy and Toontown? Do show buildings outside of the berm count as part of the parks acreage?

SweetDuffy101

While I don’t believe the rumor, the B&TB attraction is not part of Fantasy Springs.
Even if BATB aint part of Fantasy Springs, Its a Tokyo Product with exclusivity Contracts and i’ve said many times on other threads every Attraction at Tokyo That has a. big budget is considered to have an exclusive Contract with OLC, So NO they can’t Duplicate what has been done in Tokyo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom