Rumor Fantasyland Expansion

Ismael Flores

Maybe... I’d hate to see Arendelle loom over and upstage Sleeping Beauty Castle
true, although i wasn't thinking about a background that resembled Arrendale or the frozen castle but just a themed mountain range as background. I was thinking more in the line of Hong Kong Disney and what would look like a further back continuation of the Disney mountain range that would be complimented with the matterhorn and the real mountain range behind it.

Rich T

The only interesting feature of Arendelle was the harbor.

And, not only do I agree that a B&tB ride should be a classic-style dark ride, but I absolutely think it should be SCARY in a couple of spots. I don't want some wimpy, gutless "dance in the dining room" then "dance in the ballroom" snoozefest. I want it to require a sign in the queue that says: "WARNING: THE BEAST MIGHT FRIGHTEN SMALL CHILDREN." If that sign's not necessary, then the ride will have failed to do the movie justice or respect the imaginations of children and adults.

Disney Analyst

Snow White got a couple of projection mapping effects and Peter Pan got a pretty thorough refurbishment with lots of new stuff. I guess that just leaves Pinocchio and Mr. Toad.

Snow White was really the first to get upgrades. That was Disneyland’s first older ride to receive mapping. Indy followed with the doors, then Alice got upgraded, and Pan was last, I think?

Touchdown

I wish instead of frozen it was a Tangled boat ride. Here’s my arm chair imagineering pitch:

Throughout the indoor queue which resembles a Forest we see wanted signs for Flynn and the Stabbington Bros. We also see signs for the Lost Princess Lights Festival and go around an area of fenced off dirt where a plaque proclaims this is the place where the Sun Flower was found that saved the Queen.

The center piece of the room is an AA of the Captain of the Guards on Maximus who is imploring us to be on the lookout for the thieves and inform the army at once if we see them (Maximus of course provides side comments throughout). He also will talk about how this couldn’t happen at a worse time as tonight is the lost princess festival. You finally approach the small dock house for Corona River Cruise. You board your boat for a peaceful river cruise:

1st scene Army soldiers and horses prowl the riverbank looking for Flynn, Gothel appears at the end and is frightened by all the activity vows to return to the tower

2nd scene: Around the riverbend Rupenzel and Pascal are threatening Flynn with a frying pan telling him he won’t get his satchel unless he takes her to see the flying lights. As we transition we hear shouts in the distance as the Army has spotted them. We arrive on the edge of a canyon with a dam at the far end (our stream appears to go into the lake on the other side) we arrive to see Mother Gothel (with satchel) peaking from behind a bush as some soldiers yell down at Rupenzel and Flynn to surrender (we only hear them below.). Maximus has had enough and rears to kick a dam support as we enter a dark cave.

Scene 3: In the darkness we hear the dam break free and we plunge down a small drop as we hear various characters screaming.

Scene 4: We break into the flooded Snugly Duckling as we see the ruffians Flynn and Rupenzel preform I Have A Dream, at the end we here audio stating the ruffians will sneak Flynn and Rupenzel into Corona.

Scene 5: We go back into the Forest at twilight to see Gothel employ the Stabbington Bros to kidnap Rapunzel in exchange for the crown and tells them they can do with Flynn whatever they want.

Scene 6: The reason for this whole ride, it’s the at At Last I’ve Seen the Light room, at the end of the scene the Stabbington are seen learing on the shore.

Scene 7: We arrive on the shore, we see the Stabbington Bros in the middle of kidnapping but have shocked looks on their face, Flynn is knocked out. Gothel is seen leading a group of soldiers pointing at the scene accusing the 3 men of kidnapping her daughter.

Scene 8: Gothel and Rupenzel argue over going home, Gothel slips up and States something that makes Rupenzel realize who she is and she accuses Gothel of only wanting her for her hair.

Scene 9: We enter the Corona marina and begin traveling up a “cargo lift” that seems much larger then the first drop, along the way we see Rupenzel and some ruffians sneaking in to save Flynn.

Scene 10: Leveling out we enter the flooded dungeon we see the ruffians distracting the guards (imagine a screen so they can replay the mine/bull rush gag) as Rupenzel frees Flynn.

Scene 11: Over a cliff leading back to the lake Flynn is holding onto Rupenzel Gothel is pulling on her hair(tethering over the edge) as she implores Rupenzel to come with her, as we pass behind Rupenzel we see Flynn is holding a knife and is about to cut her hair. As we go over the drop we hear the cut and Gothel’s scream. Instead of a straight drop there is a small airtime hill after the drop (like Dudley Do Right at IOA)

Final Scene: Brunette Rupenzel (with crown) and Flynn wave goodbye to us as we return to the dock.

Last edited:

mickEblu

This may be way out there but anyone else worried about Storybookland going down for like a month when it just went down for a pretty extensive refurb last year? With all this talk of BATB or Frozen expansion makes you wonder what they re doing back there.

Hopefully they re taking care of the big blue wall.

britain

Original Poster
I wish instead of frozen it was a Tangled boat ride. Here’s my arm chair imagineering pitch:

Throughout the indoor queue which resembles a Forest we see wanted signs for Flynn and the Stabbington Bros. We also see signs for the Lost Princess Lights Festival and go around an area of fenced off dirt where a plaque proclaims this is the place where the Sun Flower was found that saved the Queen.

The center piece of the room is an AA of the Captain of the Guards on Maximus who is imploring us to be on the lookout for the thieves and inform the army at once if we see them (Maximus of course provides side comments throughout). He also will talk about how this couldn’t happen at a worse time as tonight is the lost princess festival. You finally approach the small dock house for Corona River Cruise. You board your boat for a peaceful river cruise:

1st scene Army soldiers and horses prowl the riverbank looking for Flynn, Gothel appears at the end and is frightened by all the activity vows to return to the tower

2nd scene: Around the riverbend Rupenzel and Pascal are threatening Flynn with a frying pan telling him he won’t get his satchel unless he takes her to see the flying lights. As we transition we hear shouts in the distance as the Army has spotted them. We arrive on the edge of a canyon with a dam at the far end (our stream appears to go into the lake on the other side) we arrive to see Mother Gothel (with satchel) peaking from behind a bush as some soldiers yell down at Rupenzel and Flynn to surrender (we only hear them below.). Maximus has had enough and rears to kick a dam support as we enter a dark cave.

Scene 3: In the darkness we hear the dam break free and we plunge down a small drop as we hear various characters screaming.

Scene 4: We break into the flooded Snugly Duckling as we see the ruffians Flynn and Rupenzel preform I Have A Dream, at the end we here audio stating the ruffians will sneak Flynn and Rupenzel into Corona.

Scene 5: We go back into the Forest at twilight to see Gothel employ the Stabbington Bros to kidnap Rapunzel in exchange for the crown and tells them they can do with Flynn whatever they want.

Scene 6: The reason for this whole ride, it’s the at At Last I’ve Seen the Light room, at the end of the scene the Stabbington are seen learing on the shore.

Scene 7: We arrive on the shore, we see the Stabbington Bros in the middle of kidnapping but have shocked looks on their face, Flynn is knocked out. Gothel is seen leading a group of soldiers pointing at the scene accusing the 3 men of kidnapping her daughter.

Scene 8: Gothel and Rupenzel argue over going home, Gothel slips up and States something that makes Rupenzel realize who she is and she accuses Gothel of only wanting her for her hair.

Scene 9: We enter the Corona marina and begin traveling up a “cargo lift” that seems much larger then the first drop, along the way we see Rupenzel and some ruffians sneaking in to save Flynn.

Scene 10: Leveling out we enter the flooded dungeon we see the ruffians distracting the guards (imagine a screen so they can replay the mine/bull rush gag) as Rupenzel frees Flynn.

Scene 11: Over a cliff leading back to the lake Flynn is holding onto Rupenzel Gothel is pulling on her hair(tethering over the edge) as she implores Rupenzel to come with her, as we pass behind Rupenzel we see Flynn is holding a knife and is about to cut her hair. As we go over the drop we hear the cut and Gothel’s scream. Instead of a straight drop there is a small airtime hill after the drop (like Dudley Do Right at IOA)

Final Scene: Brunette Rupenzel (with crown) and Flynn wave goodbye to us as we return to the dock.

Nice! The park sure could use another Splash Mountain-type ride.

mickEblu

Sounds more exciting than either the Tokyo BATB ride or a trackless Frozen ride. I feel like mixing an IP based dark ride with small thrills for repeatability is just such a slam dunk.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This may be way out there but anyone else worried about Storybookland going down for like a month when it just went down for a pretty extensive refurb last year? With all this talk of BATB or Frozen expansion makes you wonder what they re doing back there.

Hopefully they re taking care of the big blue wall.
Its being axed, your greatest fear! :eek::eek::eek:

Kidding, maybe they are adding a new scene for Aladdin or adding something for Lion King.

DisneyLostBoy03

I love that idea. Personally, I believe Tangled deserves to have its own ride in Fantasyland. I've actually built a virtual What if Tangled attraction inside Disney Infinity 3.0. The ride design is inspired by Seven Dwarves Mine Train and tells the story of Flynn taking Rapunzel to the floating lanterns while escaping from Maximus and the royal guards. Enjoy the video.

wityblack

Tokyo DisneySea is getting a Rapunzel boat ride in 2022, so you never know.

wityblack

No rides that debut in Tokyo ever make it to the domestic parks. There must be a reason but I have no idea what it is.
Maybe the Oriental Land Company has some sort of deal. Have they ever modified a ride from Tokyo and brought it to the US, like the Beauty and the Beast rumor?

britain

Original Poster
As I was saying in the Runaway Railway thread, all this talk about about using more backstage space for expansion is useless when you've got Small World right in the way.

Well...

There was a recent survey asking guests "How likely are you going to want to go on Small World when you come back to Disneyland?" @lentesta can corroborate this. Mr. Jim Hill is saying this was to inform management as to how much of a hassle/disappointment it would be to guests if Small World were closed forever or moved to a new location in Fantasyland to make room for expansion. Regardless of your thoughts about Jim, management is asking this question. Hmm...

Last edited:

Phroobar

As I was saying in the Runaway Railway thread, all this talk about about using more backstage space for expansion is useless when you've got Small World right in the way.

Well...

There was a recent survey asking guests "How likely are you going to want to go on Small World when you come back to Disneyland?" @lentesta can corroborate this. Mr. Jim Hill is saying this was to inform management as to how much of a hassle/disappointment it would be to guests if Small World were closed forever/moved to a new location to make room for expansion. Regardless of your thoughts about Jim, management is asking this question. Hmm...
I think it depends on what it gets replaced with. Would Disneyland be Disneyland without IASW?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom