Fantasyland Expansion

Finn-Whit

Not likely to happen until 2013.

At the last fantasyland expo disney had last month, they stated that snow white will definitely be the last thing they open, im sure 2013.

At the D23 expo they said that in early 2012, half of storybook circus with double dumbo, great goofini coaster, fantasyland train station, and casey jr. will be completed. I just want to know what's considered "early" 2012, because im going in march.

Disaddict

I wonder if they are fast fooding it? What I mean is McDonald's tells their employees to tell the customer to pull forward for their food sometimes and has the employee give a time of 3 minutes when they know for a fact that it will be only 1.5 minutes. Maybe Disney is telling us 2013 when in fact it will really be late 2012? :sohappy:

I know. I know. Wishful thinking. LOL

Finn-Whit

I wonder if they are fast fooding it? What I mean is McDonald's tells their employees to tell the customer to pull forward for their food sometimes and has the employee give a time of 3 minutes when they know for a fact that it will be only 1.5 minutes. Maybe Disney is telling us 2013 when in fact it will really be late 2012? :sohappy:

I know. I know. Wishful thinking. LOL

Last I heard they were ahead of schedule on LM and Beasts castle, and I highly doubt the expansion would continue on into 2014.

RSoxNo1

Which is so depressing. I mean once everything is done it will be amazing, but to think when this is over this project took 5 years is astonishing.

Would you have preferred the two elaborate meet and greets in 2012 and Pixie Hollow in 2014? That was the original plan. To me, this looks a lot better.

Scuttle

Would you have preferred the two elaborate meet and greets in 2012 and Pixie Hollow in 2014? That was the original plan. To me, this looks a lot better.

Hey now. Of course not, it's just disappointing to have to wait 2+ more years for the Mine Train that's all. It will be incredible when finished no doubt about that!

jt04

Possibly. I think they may have a very good "plan b" when all is said and done. Potentially better than "plan a". Potentially much better. :D

kotoole14

So our next trip is in May 2012..what will I possibly see? I have a little mermaid lover and i am keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle they are ahead with this like people have said and it is open! :lookaroun

RSoxNo1

So our next trip is in May 2012..what will I possibly see? I have a little mermaid lover and i am keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle they are ahead with this like people have said and it is open! :lookaroun

May of 2012 it is highly unlikely that Mermaid or Be Our Guest will be open. It sounds like the Storybook Circus area will be open so you'll have at least one Dumbo spinner in operation as well as The Great Goofini and the meet and greet area.

Scuttle

May of 2012 it is highly unlikely that Mermaid or Be Our Guest will be open. It sounds like the Storybook Circus area will be open so you'll have at least one Dumbo spinner in operation as well as The Great Goofini and the meet and greet area.

It'll be very interesting to see what kind of over the wall FLE construction pics we can get from the new dumbo.

jt04

Is this enough to lure you into the parks again?

If they do what I think they might then definitely! :)

My personal standard is when something new has been added to each park I buy an AP for a year or two. There is a point they could reach where I would keep an AP but they are not quite there yet. Anyway, the Studios have added AIE, TSMM, and ST2 so that is good. The MK will soon open the FLE and has enhanced the HoP, SM, the HM and the TTTTTTTR so that is good. Epcot may be reimagining Test Track and if the rumors are true that will qualify. And DAK is getting Avatar but not for a long time so I will give them a pass on that if DTD gets some good adds at old PI. It helps that I have not seen TWWoHP and new adds are coming to Sea World plus Manta. Plus Legoland and adds to BG. So much new stuff.

All that said, my next stop will be Dollywood because they are adding an amazing new tech coaster next spring.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
All that said, my next stop will be Dollywood because they are adding an amazing new tech coaster next spring.

We went to Dollywood two summers ago and had a blast. Really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, the CMs (or whatever they are called there) were all very friendly, and the food was really good.

One additional comment on the CMs, I think that the reason that the people there are so friendly is that, for the most part, where Dollywood is located is a small community compared to the greater Orlando metro area. Dollywood is why people come there, the CMs know that, so they do a bit more to make sure and show some additional appreciation. Thats just my .02:shrug:

jt04

We went to Dollywood two summers ago and had a blast. Really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere, the CMs (or whatever they are called there) were all very friendly, and the food was really good.

One additional comment on the CMs, I think that the reason that the people there are so friendly is that, for the most part, where Dollywood is located is a small community compared to the greater Orlando metro area. Dollywood is why people come there, the CMs know that, so they do a bit more to make sure and show some additional appreciation. Thats just my .02:shrug:

That is very much how WDW was in the early days as Orlando was still very small town. Sheer numbers make it tougher to maintain the quality that once was but the CM's at WDW are still good. I think you were experiencing a bit of sothern hospitality which is still alive and well in that area and I am sure it is a priority for park managers. Plus in this economy it probably is not tough to get folk's best.

I don't know if you have seen anything about the new coaster but the lift hill will be on the highest point in the park which they have been reserving for something special. The new coaster (never before done) will suspend riders beside the track with nothing above or below. It just looks amazing and should really attract the coaster fanatics in big numbers. Dollywood needed something like this but I don't think they intend to become Cedar Fair. So I think they will maintain the charm of the place also that people expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom