Fantasyland Expansion

jt04

Oh, I agree that for capacity sake it makes perfect sense....I just was hoping for a little more of the really more exciting stuff (at least for me.)

I can't say any of it is all that intresting to me however I have high expectations for the visual elements, place setting and (hopefully) backstory. Especially with the new Circus.

There are some amazing ways they can do this and based on Carsland, the talent and vision to do so.

And if they don't I will go from armchair imagineer to monday morning quarterbacking overnight. I don't think I will have to though. I think they are going to amaze people with this.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I can't say any of it is all that intresting to me however I have high expectations for the visual elements, place setting and (hopefully) backstory. Especially with the new Circus.

There are some amazing ways they can do this and based on Carsland, the talent and vision to do so.

And if they don't I will go from armchair imagineer to monday morning quarterbacking overnight. I don't think I will have to though. I think they are going to amaze people with this.

I hope you are right and that SC will not be just another placeholder land.

Personally I kinda like the Pixie Hollow idea...the visuals to it would have been nice, if they followed DL's lead with the area.

The Little Mermaid: Under The Sea Adventure: Spring 2012
Beauty & The Beast: Be Our Guest Resturant: Spring 2012
Beauty & The Beast: Gaston's Tavern: Spring 2012
Storybook Circus: Dumbo & Great Goofini: Fall 2012
Snow White & the Seven Dwarf Mine Coaster: Winter/Spring 2012-2013
Grand Opening: With All Finished: 2012
Construction Ends: 2014

jt04

I hope you are right and that SC will not be just another placeholder land.

Personally I kinda like the Pixie Hollow idea...the visuals to it would have been nice, if they followed DL's lead with the area.

PH may still be in the plans elsewhere and possibly a franchise written in to the SC. I am not sure if this is due to assumptions on my part but there have been indicators something like this is in the works. Plus they still have not announced details for the former skyway station, the PPF queue, the other elements of the circus or what will be on the north side of dwarf mountain.

jt04

I've heard from a reliable source that Mermaid is already in test and adjust. Maybe it'll open ahead of schedule?

I think it might depend on the progress of the of the other elements of the FLE such as walkways, bridges etc. There is still a lot of work to be done. I am not suprised to hear about mermaid though. I have always thought it was about 6 months behind the clone at DCA. So I'd say I was pretty much 100% correct...........if your information is correct. :lookaroun

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think it might depend on the progress of the of the other elements of the FLE such as walkways, bridges etc. There is still a lot of work to be done. I am not suprised to hear about mermaid though. I have always thought it was about 6 months behind the clone at DCA. So I'd say I was pretty much 100% correct...........if your information is correct. :lookaroun

For once I agree with JT, the site work is likely be what determines the opening not the attractions themselves. Since Mermaid is a duplicate of the one at DCA it stands to reason that the ride portion would get finished pretty early since all the props, animatronics an ride vehicles were probably made at the same time as the ones for DCA, and they had a chance to work out any technical problems with the DCA version.

Dan

djkidkaz

End of 2011 is a little early, it won't be ready by then, but the current timeline we are working with has Dumbo handed over to Op's in Feb 2012.

Wow, so they are expecting to have Dumbo completely removed from its current location, placed in its new location and Storybook Circus finished enough that they can start running Duel Dumbos all within 5 months? That seems like a pretty hefty challenge. We shall see...

Timon

Wow, so they are expecting to have Dumbo completely removed from its current location, placed in its new location and Storybook Circus finished enough that they can start running Duel Dumbos all within 5 months? That seems like a pretty hefty challenge. We shall see...

Removing the old Dumbo and installing one, brand new Dumbo seems possible in that time frame. But, I would guess the old Dumbo goes back to the factory for reconditioning or at least Central Shops for paint and refit, I can't see relocating the well worn Dumbo to a new location without some major down-to-steel re-build. I don't know if I'd ride that.

Cosmic Commando

Don't worry, Disney is good at "character painting" I think it's called. They can paint the new Dumbo to look just as worn out as the old one so you won't even be able to tell which is which. :lookaroun

Tom

Beta Return
Removing the old Dumbo and installing one, brand new Dumbo seems possible in that time frame. But, I would guess the old Dumbo goes back to the factory for reconditioning or at least Central Shops for paint and refit, I can't see relocating the well worn Dumbo to a new location without some major down-to-steel re-build. I don't know if I'd ride that.

Of all the projects on their plate, Dumbo and Barnstormer are the two easiest. Dumbo's building is essentially built, and just needs to be skinned on the inside and out. The foundations for the ride mechanics are in, so one the new spinner is done, we'll start to see it go in.

Barnstormer is coming along nicely. It's just getting a paint job and an overall facelift. They're making new coaster vehicle bodies in Central Shops right now, with a sort of burgundy hue to them. They look nice.

Don't worry, Disney is good at "character painting" I think it's called. They can paint the new Dumbo to look just as worn out as the old one so you won't even be able to tell which is which. :lookaroun

They're currently making brand new fiberglass Dumbo ride pods in Central Shops, and they look awesome. I imagine they'll make new bodies for all of the elephants - old and new.

RSoxNo1

I spoke with an Imagineer at the D23 Expo and was told that the goal is to have the new Dumbo spinner open and the current Dumbo spinner close. The new location would operate with one spinner with the goal of zero downtime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPzyi_LroJs

The conversation is about 50 seconds in.

Tom

Beta Return
Phil Holmes said something will be open in January 2012.

This was said a few weeks ago.

The most likely candidates are Dumbo and/or Barnstormer. But that only gives them 3 months to finish. I doubt they'll re-open Goofy before Dumbo is done, since you would have to go through Circus Land and Dumbo construction to get there.

But maybe they're a lot closer to having Dumbo done than I thought.

TheBeatles

The most likely candidates are Dumbo and/or Barnstormer. But that only gives them 3 months to finish. I doubt they'll re-open Goofy before Dumbo is done, since you would have to go through Circus Land and Dumbo construction to get there.

But maybe they're a lot closer to having Dumbo done than I thought.

Things change, so who knows. However, it seems Dumbo/Goofy will open first.

Every week I hear something different.

Finn-Whit

March 2012

ok, so I'm going to go to disney world in march. What parts of the new expansion can be expected to be open by then?? :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom