fantasy land construction?

thefirebuilds

Banned
Original Poster
Lot's of dust/smoke over toontown area tonight, as well as the side of space mountain. Sorry for my lousy pics.

DSC05693.JPG

DisneyParksFan1

Lot's of dust/smoke over toontown area tonight, as well as the side of space mountain. Sorry for my lousy pics.

DSC05693.JPG

The Space Mountain area could simply be the pressure washing going on around there that looks like smoke. Speaking af Space Mountain is that green lighting???

The Toontown area I am not sure of. There were some scissor lifts spotted there about two weeks ago.:shrug:

thefirebuilds

Banned
Original Poster
the picture i took last night didn't really translate in the morning. Whatever all that smoke or mist is I think it's off property because it's WAY behind toon town. Oh well, I'm a fizzle :p

Rob562

the picture i took last night didn't really translate in the morning. Whatever all that smoke or mist is I think it's off property because it's WAY behind toon town. Oh well, I'm a fizzle :p

What you see way back behind the park is coming from the steam/chiller/power plant in the northern service area. It's often giving off steam/vapor of some sort, though it's probably more noticeable in the cooler air at night.

-Rob

BrerFrog

I know it will sound like a stupid question, but was that after Wishes?! The Toontown Area is the one that suffers the most on all MK due to the fireworks so that would explain the smoke.

They usually don't even allow CMs on the backstage area of the land during Wishes.

Rob562

Sometimes there is fallout from the fireworks that can ignite some brush in backstage areas. They have firewatch CMs keeping an eye out for this and to call in help if necessary.

In the Fantasyland/Liberty Square area they have sprinklers watering down the plants, trees and building roofs that are within the rooftop pyro fallout zone.

-Rob

thefirebuilds

Banned
Original Poster
I know it will sound like a stupid question, but was that after Wishes?! The Toontown Area is the one that suffers the most on all MK due to the fireworks so that would explain the smoke.

They usually don't even allow CMs on the backstage area of the land during Wishes.

it was actually much later. chiller plant seems to be the most likely culprit :)

calicommando

Coming into Fantasyland from TTF yesterday, it looked like there were some construction site trailers and lifts behind Pooh's playground.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Look at Bing.coms aerial photos. The lifts and trailers have been there since the 20K removal was completed.

Don`t expect to see any work from the park for 12 months.

DisneyParksFan1

Look at Bing.coms aerial photos. The lifts and trailers have been there since the 20K removal was completed.

Don`t expect to see any work from the park for 12 months.

They said construction will begin in 2010. Where did you get this piece of info?:confused:

EDIT: What are the lifts for anyway?!?!

Rob562

They said construction will begin in 2010. Where did you get this piece of info?:confused:

EDIT: What are the lifts for anyway?!?!

I think he meant not to expect to see construction from *inside* the park for 12 months... There's a LOT of stuff that'll be built but hidden behind the berm at the back of the Playful Spot... At the most, you *might* see a little corner of something if the angles are *just* right over the backstage gate near Pete's Garage in Toontown Fair.

As for the lifts, they're just generic high-reach lifts, they can be used for any range of maintenance work. In construction sites it's common practice to park them with the boom extended upward to more easily secure them from unauthorized usage, but perhaps maintenance needs to realize they can be seen from inside the park and should be parked in the down position or somewhere else...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom