fantasy land construction?

EPCOT Explorer

I think he meant not to expect to see construction from *inside* the park for 12 months... There's a LOT of stuff that'll be built but hidden behind the berm at the back of the Playful Spot... At the most, you *might* see a little corner of something if the angles are *just* right over the backstage gate near Pete's Garage in Toontown Fair.

As for the lifts, they're just generic high-reach lifts, they can be used for any range of maintenance work. In construction sites it's common practice to park them with the boom extended upward to more easily secure them from unauthorized usage, but perhaps maintenance needs to realize they can be seen from inside the park and should be parked in the down position or somewhere else...

-Rob
Let's hope that they don't move benches around....:lookaroun:drevil:

RSoxNo1

I've concluded that the blueprints we saw read "Chesire Coaster" on the Barnstormer. Whether that has been officially decided upon remains to be seen, but I imagine that wouldn't be too difficult of a transition - demo the existing theming and replace/retheme/repaint the cars.

Can anyone make out a fastpass distribution area for Mermaid?

DisneyParksFan1

Hmm, I'm thinking we'll definitley see some Cindy's Chateau though. It'll be pretty tall no?

Umm, hmm, well, the imagineers stated that it will be re-themed, "most likely" to the Dumbo area.

Rob562

Can anyone make out a fastpass distribution area for Mermaid?

Nothing specific.

But I'm thinking either:
a) it'll be a part of the merchandise building directly across the pathway from the attraction, or
b) they've learned their lesson about putting FP on Omnimover attractions, it won't have FP, and the path on the blueprints that some view as the FP entrance will be an emergency exit/CM access path.

-Rob

RSoxNo1

It's not an omnimover vs. non omnimover attraction in terms of use for fastpass. It should be based on public demand and overall capacity.

Kilimanjaro Safaris has a very high demand, and has a higher capacity than any omnimover. It utilizes fastpass, and utilizes it effectively.

I would think that Ariel's Undersea Adventure will probably use it to start, and then when the popularity dies down the machines may be removed.

DisneyParksFan1

I just hope the queue keeps you immersed and of course distracted so that you won't feel as if you were being bored standing there for about an hour in a line for a 5 min. ride. Water show ala Pixie Hollow anyone? Some games a la Space Mountain and Soarin?

RSoxNo1

I don't want to see TLM with FP.

I would like to see Fastpass on more attractions - I think they could add the machines to Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and it's a small world.

The biggest problem with Fastpass is that it's not available at centralized locations, that would make the system more guest friendly (albeit possibly more confusing). But because not everyone uses it (or not everyone uses it to it's potential), you get a huge advantage in touring if you can use it efficiently. That's heightened if you don't have to double back on your touring.

Figment632

I would like to see Fastpass on more attractions - I think they could add the machines to Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and it's a small world.

The biggest problem with Fastpass is that it's not available at centralized locations, that would make the system more guest friendly (albeit possibly more confusing). But because not everyone uses it (or not everyone uses it to it's potential), you get a huge advantage in touring if you can use it efficiently. That's heightened if you don't have to double back on your touring.

HM used to have FP but it caused a lot of problems and created major wait times. POTC also doesn't really need FP nor does TLM. TLM and HM are omnimover attractions they are constantly moving so there should never be that long ov a wait. If you took FP away from Buzz I garentee you the wait time would be cut in half.

EPCOT Explorer

HM used to have FP but it caused a lot of problems and created major wait times. POTC also doesn't really need FP nor does TLM. TLM and HM are omnimover attractions they are constantly moving so there should never be that long ov a wait. If you took FP away from Buzz I garentee you the wait time would be cut in half.

And the #))@(^(*$*%ing queue wouldn't be so bad.:dazzle::hurl:

WDW Vacationer

I have a HUGE favor to ask of someone going to MK soon...

Can someone PLEASE get sone pics of the back if FL and TT. Just general area pics.

I tried,but all I got was heads...

Thanks!

cdunbar

Disney says the Fantasyland construction is scheduled to begin this spring

Can we like sticky that on the board somewhere so the 'when does construction start for the new fantasyland' threads stop?:rolleyes:

_Scar

So do you guys think we'll get the same construction coverage of Fantasy Forest as much as DCA construction coverage?

No because DLR has a locally driven fan-base, but with that said I still think we will get a photo report a few times a week on average. :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

Agreed. DLR has more locals and fans, unlike here at WDW we mostly get tourists. But I always make my way there every few weeks and some other sites like , etc, update us every few times a week, and let's not forget WDW Magic as well. So I'd say a few times a week as well. But I think in order to do this people will have to take the pics from the Contemporary or Bay Lake tower.

See it's times like these where you really need the Skyway. Haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom