Which do you like?

• Fantasmic

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Illuminations

Votes: 23 69.7%

• Total voters

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
Although you can't compare them but, Which one would you go see if it was free? Or which one do you like better?

My vote is Illuminations!

Chape19714

Fantsmic's story is easier to follow, and features almost all of the disney charactors. i like how the live preformance is mixed in with the fireworks, and those mist screens are really amazing.

wannab@dis

Chape19714 said:
Fantsmic's story is easier to follow, and features almost all of the disney charactors. i like how the live preformance is mixed in with the fireworks, and those mist screens are really amazing.
I have to go with Fantasmic! here. I love both of them, but the character integration wins it out. Also, I love the water screens!

Illuminations

Illuminations is a show I could watch over and over. I don't know why I prefer it--I think it is the original musical score that gives me chills every time I hear it:cool: . Fantasmic is an excellent show as well but, a little too "charactery" for my tastes. I still need to see this show once during a WDW trip, however. But that Illuminations...I'll walk over people's faces to get a good spot to see that:slurp: !

Miss Bell

This is like comparing apples to oranges. I wouldn't want to miss either--though I have been rained out of Fantasmic on two different trips.

Illuminations, for me, was the key to making me want to return to WDW again and again. We had gone as a family in the summer of 99. I went back by myself for a convention in October of 99, when they had already started the millenium stuff. I saw Tapestry of Nations, immediately followed by Illuminations, and all I could think was I wish my husband and daughter could experience this. We've been back every summer since. Illuminations is what really got me hooked on Disney.

General Grizz

Way too close! MGM is no longer complete to me without Fantasmic, and the end just tears me up.

But one little spark adds Illuminations to just a SLIGHTLY higher rank on my favorites list.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Apples and Oranges

Well its really a tough comparison. I would say Fantasmic although I think some parts should be revamped as they bog it down. I do love the water projection effect and the fire on water. The dragon is great when it works and Mickey is fine. I like the theme of good vs. evil, but would really suggest changing the character participation.

Illuminations I liked better in its earlier iteration, particularly combined with Tapestry. The drums and fire really touch something deep down. I can't say why exactly, but the middle part just seems a little tired, and would like to see that perked up.

SpectroMan

Illuminations is definitely better.

The pure genius of the show is comparable to no other. The idea to tell the history of Earth though pyrotechniques and music was an amazing idea. Not to mention the three story globe that blossoms like a flower to reveal the twentieth torch.

After Reflections of Earth, I feel that no matter how bad our world seems now, we still have hope, a hope for the future, a hope for peace. Fantsmic doesn't have that.

KevinPage

Miss Bell said:
This is like comparing apples to oranges.

I thought it was like comparing fireworks to fireworks? :p

Fantasmic makes you wait over 1 hour in line, a HUGE NEGATIVE. If I had to wait 1 hour in a line just to see Illuminations, I'd then vote for Fantasmic.

But Illuminations is better all around anyways IMHO :D

MKCP 1985

I'll have to go with one of you Illuminations fans some day, if you will have me. I go, get all pumped up, stake out a good spot 30-45 minutes early and then . . . well, it isn't exactly Fantasy in the Sky . . . much less Wishes.

Too much energy is required to figure out the story line, much less follow it. "Watch the globe."

Fantasmic! is fun and easy - a great way to end a night at the Disney-MGM Studios. I walk out talking with my group about what we saw.

With Illuminations, we walking out asking each other and trying to figure out just exactly what it was we saw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom