Fantasmic to Close in 2012?

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
It is the rumor amongst cast members that Fantasmic, will close for good following the Star Tours and Fantasyland upgrades. it is rumored that 3 attraction(One being an E ticket) will replace the mountain, water, ect. This should not be surprising considering that fantasmic has been cut a lot in the last year and is now down to just twice a week

stitch2008

It is the rumor amongst cast members that Fantasmic, will close for good following the Star Tours and Fantasyland upgrades. it is rumored that 3 attraction(One being an E ticket) will replace the mountain, water, ect. This should not be surprising considering that fantasmic has been cut a lot in the last year and is now down to just twice a week

Not buying this. Shows have not been cut because its not popular.

BrerFrog

I am pretty sure this rumor has already been thrown around here. I don't know what to think of it, Fantasmic is not among my favorite things to do at the World so I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced. However, putting three new rides there - depending on their size - would put even more focus on the DHS' West side, which seems to go against Disney's attempts to even out the entire park.

I say put WoC in place of F! and keep on expanding PP.

Alexx

This better be bogus, i'll be so upset if it does go. It's my favourite show and one of my MUST SEES at the world.

Cindy'sBruno

i wonder if disneyrocks told him that :shrug:

:lol::ROFLOL:Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!! .....but yes that would suck if they cut Fantasmic. It is a great show imho! I have wondered why they limited the shows to only certain nights. When DH and I went last year, they were only doing shows 2 to 5 times a week I believe. We didnt get to see it last year because of that reason.

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
if you look at the reaction to WoC, it could very well be replaced, and they wouldnt have to pay 27 people show pay. and if the reason they are cutting fantasmic shows are not that...then what are they?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
if you look at the reaction to WoC, it could very well be replaced, and they wouldnt have to pay 27 people show pay. and if the reason they are cutting fantasmic shows are not that...then what are they?

But WoC did not take the place of Fantasmic. If they are cutting the shows to save on payroll, that is an insult to every paying guest. Especially since they go up on admission EVERY year while offering the guest less and less.

JohnLocke

I am pretty sure this rumor has already been thrown around here. I don't know what to think of it, Fantasmic is not among my favorite things to do at the World so I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced. However, putting three new rides there - depending on their size - would put even more focus on the DHS' West side, which seems to go against Disney's attempts to even out the entire park.

I say put WoC in place of F! and keep on expanding PP.

I have to disagree with you somewhat. While Disney should improve the other side of the park as well, I think opening up Fantasmic and the surrounding area for more rides and places to go would really help improve traffic around there. Instead of everyone on that one deadend street, there would be a much bigger land and would spread people out a little more on that side of the park.

RSoxNo1

This rumor cropped up around here a few months ago. It had been dismissed by people in the know at that time. It's entirely possible that Fantasmic may close, but I doubt we'd be seeing 3 E-Tickets take it's place. While there's more than enough room for it, it doesn't seem logical.

This rumor cropped up around here a few months ago. It had been dismissed by people in the know at that time. It's entirely possible that Fantasmic may close, but I doubt we'd be seeing 3 E-Tickets take it's place. While there's more than enough room for it, it doesn't seem logical.
BUT drew posted 2 coasters would take it's place. This is the third time we've heard about F! closing.......

Innnnerestin'......... :drevil:

JohnLocke

They said 1 E Ticket and 2 other rides. I'm pretty sure the old thing was speculation that this would be the last year of it, not the OP of that thread was anywhere in the know. I think a possible closure in 2012, after Star Tours 2 is open, isn't too hard to believe.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked to see Fantasmic close in 2012, but they don't need to close Fantasmic to add an E-Ticket to DHS.

TP2000

But WoC did not take the place of Fantasmic.

Exactly. And if Disneyland, with two little parks crammed next to each other, can perform two Fantasmic's (9:00PM & 10:30PM) and three World of Colors (9:00PM, 10:15PM & 11:15PM) every single night, seven days per week during peak vacation periods, then certainly WDW needs to be offering some additional night spectaculars in its four parks spread on sprawling property.

It's for that reason alone that I can't buy the rumor that Fantasmic! at DHS is closing within a year or two. It just makes no sense whatsoever. All WDW's Fantasmic needs is a little TLC and some Disneyland-style tech upgrades, and a nightly schedule, and it should be good to go another 20 years.

rct247

How do you think people are going to buy this when its been stated before that with buildings like Sound Stage 1 and Premier Theater sitting vacant? Sounds Dangerous only operating seasonally and other filler attractions like Journey into Narnia seem to disappoint every visitor.

Then you have aging attractions like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Playset & Backlot Tour that can be redone or removed. Indy, GMR, Playhouse Disney, and LMA could be changed or updated to be fresh to guests.

Then you have the fact that the area on Sunset right in front of Tower & Coaster is the busiest area in the park. The Fantasmic theater would require the removal of lots of infrastructure. There are also some major land grade (slopes) that would have to be moved around. There is a major backstage access road that runs back there, and it would be a dead end removed from the rest of the park.

IF rumors to Fantasmic closing are true, it would most likely be to replace it with an updated Fantasmic (like Tokyo DisneySea is getting) or another nighttime spectacular.

jt04

If surveys show a WoC type show would be more popular than Fantasmic (and I think it would) then it is understandable that Disney would want the show at WDW. It simply comes down to dollars and cents.

By the way, someone wrote a blog that the labor costs for WoC are not cheaper than Fantasmic. However WoC could prove more profitable because it can attract substantially more visitors. I think that will prove to be the case at whatever resort park it is installed at. It is a money maker IMO.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
If surveys show a WoC type show would be more popular than Fantasmic (and I think it would) then it is understandable that Disney would want the show at WDW. It simply comes down to dollars and cents.

By the way, someone wrote a blog that the labor costs for WoC are not cheaper than Fantasmic. However WoC could prove more profitable because it can attract substantially more visitors. I think that will prove to be the case at whatever resort park it is installed at. It is a money maker IMO.

You can write a survey to show whatever you want the outcome to be.
You can also target the people that are most likely to answer a question a certain way.

Is the average WDW guest the doctor making $500,000 per year?
Is the average WDW guest the couple that saved for 10 years to take a once in a lifetime trip?
Is the average WDW guest the grandparents taking the grandchild?
Is the average WDW the high schooler on their senior trip?
Is the average guest the "Night of Joy" hellraiser?
Is the average guest the "Red Shirts" in June?
Is the average guest the tour group from Brazil in July?

There is NO average guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom