Fantasmic Reopening Watch

gerarar

Premium Member
You would think that would be true. If so, I agree if would be a miss. I don't have a strong opinion on the fountains (other than I love the hat effect) but the projections add a bit more. However, I'm also in the camp that loves everything about this show and wouldn't be upset if they hadn't changed a thing. I have very fond memories of this one and am very happy to see it's return.
Oh I do too! The things I don't want change at all is the original music. I'm not a fan of the more upbeat tempo they have in F! 2.0; it messes with the finale and such. Also not sure if we really need Mickey's reactions/sound effects to every little thing lol. Although the sorcerer chime is pretty neat.

The dancing fountains are really awesome in the finale when Mickey appears on top of the cabin. How they dance as Mickey does his choreography before the fireworks launch is mwah!

Fantasmic! was always my favorite nighttime spectacular as a child until HEA came around. But I guess F! will reclaim that until HEA's return next year haha

ceecee101

I have been trying to make a dining package reservation, they list them but I can’t see a package reservation. I am on hold with Disney right now. Nor do I see times listed yet for the show. Am I trying to pounce too soon?

rescue_ranger

Also not sure if we really need Mickey's reactions/sound effects to every little thing lol. Although the sorcerer chime is pretty neat.

Oh completely agree. Once or twice would have been sufficient but it definitely feels overdone. Love the sorcerer chime though- adds a little something.

One gets the impression they were told to tread very lightly to guarantee a win after the DE/Harm debacle.

Very true. Don't fix what isn't broken (although I will forever be a Harmonious stan)

ceecee101

They haven't provided details yet so we don't know what restaurants

In the past you usually would have to call to get it converted (and would be based on availability) or just drop your existing one and book a new one. It would be from a different allocation of seats vs just adding the "perk" to the existing reservation
They DO have the restaurants listed but I cannot find a way to book one! I am on hold now since online doesn’t seem to be working.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Yeah, I've seen different times, in that range, just mentioning that prior Disney marketed it as 25 (and in actuality may have b en a few minutes longer) and now marketing it as 29 minutes - but may also be a few minutes longer in actuality

In any event, I am glad to see them increase the length of something when it seems like they are generally shortening things
The show used to be 27 minutes long, Disney clearly isn’t good at giving the correct time length for shows. Disney Enchantment still shows it as 15 minutes even though it’s a 18 minute show

ceecee101

I did get through to a dining CM, she wasn’t even aware it had been announced! (She said she spread the info to the rest of the group) if dining packages are released October 26 does that mean I need to get up at 3 am West Coast time or do we know the timing on when they are released ? she Had no further info but thought I would have to get up at 3

heapster411

So, with ADR''s for Sci-Fi SO easy to get, Disney decided to make that package the cheapest. This should be fun.
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network

ceecee101

They are not having dining packages for the first four weeks or so.
CAN I SWEAR ON HERE? We are there November 14-20 for the first time in 13 years! Ok, so suggestions. Should I book a dinner at Hs, and will there be any VIP ticketing ? DH can’t stand for hours without sitting, very bad back.

nickys

Premium Member
I did get through to a dining CM, she wasn’t even aware it had been announced! (She said she spread the info to the rest of the group) if dining packages are released October 26 does that mean I need to get up at 3 am West Coast time or do we know the timing on when they are released ? she Had no further info but thought I would have to get up at 3
They’ll open at 6am ET, possibly 5:45am. That’s if they get loaded right on time of course, no guarantees there either.

ceecee101

You can't rule out midnight, sometimes the release timing for specific events/packages can be more random.

6 am most probable.
Well won’t matter for us 😩 since it sounds like dining packages won’t start until 10 days after we leave. Let me ask this then for advice: we haven’t been in 13 years, it’s special BD milestones for DH and myself and F! Is one of DH’s favorites. We had never done it without a dining package. What are our options for getting a seat without having him have to stand for over an hour since he has a bad back? What time should we arrive? We’ll be traveling from CR, May take an Uber over. Thoughts? Thanks for any suggestions, help. Very very sad we won’t be able to do a dining package but very happy it will be back when we are there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well won’t matter for us 😩 since it sounds like dining packages won’t start until 10 days after we leave. Let me ask this then for advice: we haven’t been in 13 years, it’s special BD milestones for DH and myself and F! Is one of DH’s favorites. We had never done it without a dining package. What are our options for getting a seat without having him have to stand for over an hour since he has a bad back? What time should we arrive? We’ll be traveling from CR, May take an Uber over. Thoughts? Thanks for any suggestions, help. Very very sad we won’t be able to do a dining package but very happy it will be back when we are there.
1. If you want very good seats similar to the Dining Package. Rent a wheel chair and get in line very early. Once you get to the seating area, simply walk to a good bench.

2. If you want very good seats similar to the Dining Plan, hope that F! becomes part of Genie+. At 7 AM, grab a F! LL.

3. Don't worry about very good seats. The show is pretty good even if you're up high and/or off to the sides. Just get in line 30 minutes before the show starts. You'll wind up slow-walking with the crowd and immediately directed to a seating area.

ceecee101

1. If you want very good seats similar to the Dining Package. Rent a wheel chair and get in line very early. Once you get to the seating area, simply walk to a good bench.

2. If you want very good seats similar to the Dining Plan, hope that F! becomes part of Genie+. At 7 AM, grab a F! LL.

3. Don't worry about very good seats. The show is pretty good even if you're up high and/or off to the sides. Just get in line 30 minutes before the show starts. You'll wind up slow-walking with the crowd and immediately directed to a seating area.
thank you! We wanted to go our last night since we’re not interested in the MVMCP. It’s a Sunday. But since it’s a party day at MK we have reservations there for the morning. We plan to then hop late (6?) to HS. Will I be able to make a Genie+ or ILL for Fantasmic if it’s our hopping park right at 7? Or should I switch our park reservations? We really want to do MK on our last day, then finish off now with F! at HS.
DH may fight me on a wheelchair, we’re not that old 60s-70s) but his back issue is bad with standing. Walking he’s fine. Show starts at 8? Thanks again for any suggestions.

pdude81

I wonder if DHS will close to hopping on 11/3. Since it's a weekday I'm guessing not, but should be interesting. I expect that if it's a G+ LL people from other parks will grab it early on since it's already after 2pm and they will be gone quickly. You may have to choose between SDD and F!. How is that for load balancing?

Then again, they could do this as ILL for the first two weeks since demand is through the roof (in addition to ROTR)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom