Fantasmic Reopening Watch

DisneyfanMA

Going in November with family of 5. Really want to see this show and hoping its fully operational by then (think end of May right?).

Is it worth trying to get a dining package for this or just grab a spot in line (read somewhere up to 1 hr early)? Just want seats somewhere, don't care where. Don't want to stand or miss out.

Touchdown

Going in November with family of 5. Really want to see this show and hoping its fully operational by then (think end of May right?).

Is it worth trying to get a dining package for this or just grab a spot in line (read somewhere up to 1 hr early)? Just want seats somewhere, don't care where. Don't want to stand or miss out.
Yes dining packages were worth it, provided the resturants have stuff you would want. You get the best seats.

JAB

On our last trip, we got the dining package. It was great not having to line up (we just walked right in 20 min or so before the start of the show), and the seats were great.

However, I would offer a caveat for the dining package. From our experience, there's no compensation if the show doesn't happen. Unfortunately for us, it started pouring just after we were seated, and the show was cancelled. After they announced that the show wasn't going to happen due to weather, they turned on the lasers for a minute or two and shot off a couple fireworks as a "preview." Naturally, I wasn't happy since we'd paid for priority seating to a show that didn't happen, so on our way out, I politely asked a nearby cast member about a possible partial refund due to the cancelled show. They said that the show "wasn't cancelled," and we still saw a show, it was just "modified," so we weren't entitled to any sort of compensation. 😒

Touchdown

On our last trip, we got the dining package. It was great not having to line up (we just walked right in 20 min or so before the start of the show), and the seats were great.

However, I would offer a caveat for the dining package. From our experience, there's no compensation if the show doesn't happen. Unfortunately for us, it started pouring just after we were seated, and the show was cancelled. After they announced that the show wasn't going to happen due to weather, they turned on the lasers for a minute or two and shot off a couple fireworks as a "preview." Naturally, I wasn't happy since we'd paid for priority seating to a show that didn't happen, so on our way out, I politely asked a nearby cast member about a possible partial refund due to the cancelled show. They said that the show "wasn't cancelled," and we still saw a show, it was just "modified," so we weren't entitled to any sort of compensation. 😒
Thankfully, at least historically, the meal is priced at approximately the cost of its components at least at Mamas and Brown Derby if you are going to have a sit down meal and usually order dessert the ticket was essentially free.

Movielover

What you saw was "A Taste of Fantasmic" They do that because once they place the pyrotechnics and arm them they cannot remove them from the launch tubes, and they can't just leave them in place "hot" overnight so they have to be set off. So they created the mini show as a better way than just letting off all the pyro and telling everyone to go home. Yeah it sucks that they couldn't perform the full show but that's Florida weather.

Movielover

I don't care who the new scene is focus on just make it exciting. It's a big action set piece so have fun with it and make it exciting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom