Fantasmic Reopening Watch

wutisgood

Yea so like plussing effects almost never makes a show worse. I didn't say they should change the content. If show A has smaller fire, fountains, lighting, etc than show B who is choosing show A?

wutisgood

But why change perfection? Thats how we ended up with Disney EnCrapment...
Disneyland upgraded the show multiple times. Actual additions are not changing perfection. If disney added pyro to happily ever after it would be even better. Do some people not even read the boards on the disneyland updates? That was like 4 years ago now.

ToTBellHop

The WDW version with purpose-built arena and set have always seemed like the lesser of the two versions despite having the space and freedom to do much more with this. This whole show needs a serious refresh and rewrite and all new effects and tech. It could and should be mind-blowing...
I think our finale is much better than DL’s and our dragon is creepier. They have better boats but we can’t really give them credit for that. For me, Pocahontas has always been the weak spot but I don’t trust the current crew to change it up, so I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need Pocahontas replaced with Soul. Dude plays a piano for 3 minutes and we move on? I suppose I could envision Marvel integration but I’d prefer they stick with animated features unlike Disneyland (Peter Pan —> PotC).

Animaniac93-98

I think our finale is much better than DL’s and our dragon is creepier. They have better boats but we can’t really give them credit for that. For me, Pocahontas has always been the weak spot but I don’t trust the current crew to change it up, so I’d rather they leave it alone. I don’t need Pocahontas replaced with Soul. Dude plays a piano for 3 minutes and we move on? I suppose I could envision Marvel integration but I’d prefer they stick with animated features unlike Disneyland (Peter Pan —> PotC).

Half the show would be Toy Story and Frozen if they changed it now. No thanks.

Disneyfanman

When I saw DL’s fantasmic it felt disjointed and like the story just didn’t flow. It was also weird to include a live action movie in a section. While technically speaking it was dazzling, I preferred WDW in other areas.
They both have their highs and lows. I have seen them within a few months of each other and like them both. I do like the dragon effect at WDW but really like the full sized ships at DL. Both among my top things to do whenever I visit either one. I probably won't visit until the show is back. I like it that much. When I'm having an off day I plug in the soundtrack.

TrippedUp

I think this pretty much confirms new fountains. Look at the new bigger white piping going into the leftmost fountain, compared to the existing pipes in the middle and rightmost fountains.
I think in this example, bigger is definitely better :)

I'm not sure if Maleficent was rolled back or removed in this picture. Previously that area was covered when rolled back.

Tons of activity there, compared to the last few pictures. The high reaches could indicate lighting work finally happening. This project seems to be getting the firehose for whatever reason.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I think in this example, bigger is definitely better :)

I'm not sure if Maleficent was rolled back or removed in this picture. Previously that area was covered when rolled back.

Tons of activity there, compared to the last few pictures. The high reaches could indicate lighting work finally happening. This project seems to be getting the firehose for whatever reason.
The rock cover for the dragon is seen backstage. (Top left) Maleficent's caves appear to be empty.

Looks like the green High reach is working on lighting as well. Fingers crossed all the equipment will be new when it comes back.

With how much work needs to be done, I wouldn't be surprised if it opens in late March in time for the spring break crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom