Fantasmic Reopening Watch

DCBaker

Premium Member
FBseAp4WEAA-9CY.jpg

ChristianG

Steamboat Willie's pipes and floors are now painted all white. Could be a primer; admittedly, I know nothing about painting.

Last edited:

cookiee_munster

I watched a pre-pandemic recording over on youtube and theres a waterscreen projection video where character are in bubbles, i noticed a lot of newer animations have just been shoe horned into this segment and its just... "blargh" :/

the show needs plussing, it needs more. maybe even harmonious mahooooosive barge size more and i'd be ok in this instance because this is what the fantasmic theatre is there for. no worrying about sight lines during the day etc.

mergatroid

I watched a pre-pandemic recording over on youtube and theres a waterscreen projection video where character are in bubbles, i noticed a lot of newer animations have just been shoe horned into this segment and its just... "blargh" :/

the show needs plussing, it needs more. maybe even harmonious mahooooosive barge size more and i'd be ok in this instance because this is what the fantasmic theatre is there for. no worrying about sight lines during the day etc.
The problem is the projections on the water spray block the view of much of the stage. That's why they turn them on and off in between the parts where the actors are performing on stage. So having screens like Harmonious wouldn't work as you wouldn't see the stage.

Surferboy567

I know that I may be in the minority here, but Fantasmic has always been one of my favorite night time shows at WDW.

That being said…over the last couple of years (when Disneyland received it’s update) our version has been hobbling along. With the same old dated show. This is coming from someone who really likes Fantasmic.

Has anyone heard with all this extensive downtime, and what appears to be upgrades happening. Are we expecting any content updates to this show? As well as any new effects?

eddie104

I’m pretty sure based on the aerials provided the show is probably gonna be somewhat updated. I don’t how you can see that the hardware is still the same if your not physically present at the site.

It hasn’t been under refurbishment all this time for nothing and plus it’s not expected to return till next year so they must be working on something besides basic upkeep.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom