Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Splashin' Ryan

I think it’s difficult for Disney to use a culture’s demigod in a show framed as a dream of their cooperate mascot. Not only that, in order for the sequence to flow in the show it needs to end on a romantic moment to lead into the Princess portion. Also obviously, it needs to contain human characters for the stunts that said, Tangled, Aladdin, or lifting from DL a Pirates/Aladdin hybrid seems most logical.
Maybe the stunts could be Moana fighting off the coconut people and the romantic moment could be Te Fiti turning from angry lava woman to green nature woman? Just ideas.

Movielover

I think it’s difficult for Disney to use a culture’s demigod in a show framed as a dream of their cooperate mascot. Not only that, in order for the sequence to flow in the show it needs to end on a romantic moment to lead into the Princess portion. Also obviously, it needs to contain human characters for the stunts that said, Tangled, Aladdin, or lifting from DL a Pirates/Aladdin hybrid seems most logical.

The Disneyland version "action scene" (pirates) does not end in a romantic moment thus they could just make a new transition from whatever scene to the Princess segment.

I would love to see Tangled there since they could really have fun with creating a chase scene like in the movie, then they could shift to the I See The Light scene for a romantic tag like the Pocahontas scene.

Moana makes sense since they could easily repurpose the canoes as the Islanders boats and have a action scene with Moana and Company fighting the Coconut Mad Max Tribe.

Another option is a reworked Pirates segment based around the first movie's climax in the cave of cursed treasure.

SoFloMagic

Attachments

• 20210711_083814.jpg
    20210711_083814.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 219

Splashin' Ryan

I really love Fantasmic but if major changes aren't made to the show I would be fine with a WoC type replacement but maybe with more props and not just an empty lagoon. Maybe leave the mountain from Fantasmic but make the stage space more lagoon area to still give a backdrop to the fountains.

CJR

I wouldn't mind if they added more WoC tech to the show. Add more fountains, more colors, upgraded projections, etc. BUT- keep the sets, characters, ships/floats/boats, the structure of the show. With some new scenes, of course.

gerarar

Premium Member
Studios is open until 9:00 now starting in August. Any chance it’s tied to some sort of night show coming back?
Latest aerials from this month still show the overhead lighting system completely gone and track work going on.

Will that get completed/restored in a month? Doubt it but still likely if they want to.

bbsearchlight

Well, staying open until 9:00 PM is a start but isn't worth much if they still have closed the Indian Jones Stunt Show, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Fantasmic. All of those were major attractions and if your not a major Star Wars fan, what is really left at HollyWood Studios?

Movielover

Well, staying open until 9:00 PM is a start but isn't worth much if they still have closed the Indian Jones Stunt Show, Beauty and the Beast, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Fantasmic. All of those were major attractions and if your not a major Star Wars fan, what is really left at HollyWood Studios?
Mickey and Minnie
All of Toy Story Land
Rock n Rollercoaster
Tower of Terror
Muppets
Frozen
Mickey and Minnie shorts

EeyoreFan#24

Without any evidence, I wonder if the delay and rumored refresh is to deconflict with harmonious scenes. Maybe look at different angles of fantasmic or different ways to present the scenes.

gerarar

Premium Member
Without any evidence, I wonder if the delay and rumored refresh is to deconflict with harmonious scenes. Maybe look at different angles of fantasmic or different ways to present the scenes.
Does F! and Harmonius even have many areas to conflict in? Many of the IPs and characters going to be represented in Harmonius are from the last decade or so. The only area I could think of is the bubble scene, but even that barely gets any updates except for a Frozen addition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom