Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Movielover

I think they just moved those vertical side launchers closer to Mickey and turned to a 45° and 135° angle. I also noticed that the pyro launchers are much quieter now, even the barges, which makes me ask if they upgraded all of them, which is probably what happened. The only thing that was really cut was the two shells that go up right before Sorceror Mickey transforms into Tuxedo Mickey.

They also added some sparkles to the barges which adds to the existing single comets.
Ok after re-watching the videos again I think you are right. Those side launchers that are now angled IMO looked better how they were originally but that's a nitpick I'm willing to come to accept.

The Single Comets from the barges do look fantastic with the added sparkle flares (really wish I knew names of fireworks haha). Those were the ones I was really afraid would be cut since they ditched them in DL 2.0. So glad they kept them.

I think the only thing that has truly deminshed is the 2 shells before the change in Mickey like you pointed out, and then the fountain of shells behind Mickey. In the new version this effect does not last long enough thus leaving some "dead air" of Mickey still doing the summoning wave and nothing happening. If they could restore this effect back to how it was originally or just extend the amount of shells fired to last the entire cue then IMO this version would be 100% perfect instead of just 99%!

fant 1.png

Not the best picture but you get my point. I like the new shells its simply just a timing issue with the cue. Maybe it will work itself out lol.

TheMaxRebo

It makes sense period! F! just opened Nov 3rd!!!! Why DHS didn't do this till after Thanksgiving I don't get! Would be interesting to know what determines a second F!......

Hoping for a dry F! and MVMCP tomorrow night!!!

Well, in theory they should have the data between park reservations, historical hoping to DHS rates, and % of DHS guests that typically go to see F! to know if one show is sufficient or not

But probably not that scientific

ToTBellHop

The new hero segment is meant to focus on the struggles of being a hero. That’s why the “One Jump Ahead (Reprise)” was included. It showcases Aladdin’s struggles with identity and acceptance.

Each portion featured the hero’s struggle to become or remain heroic. They each were chosen as they all struggle with identity and acceptance.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
The new hero segment is meant to focus on the struggles of being a hero. That’s why the “One Jump Ahead (Reprise)” was included. It showcases Aladdin’s struggles with identity and acceptance.

Each portion featured the hero’s struggle to become or remain heroic. They each were chosen as they all struggle with identity and acceptance.
The issue with that is you cannot showcase that in in 20-30 seconds. Lol. It's just confusing.

Thats why Pocahontas's original scene worked so well. It had enough time for you to figure out what was going on, and why we needed to appreciate her.

ToTBellHop

The issue with that is you cannot showcase that in in 20-30 seconds. Lol. It's just confusing.

Thats why Pocahontas's original scene worked so well. It had enough time for you to figure out what was going on, and why we needed to appreciate her.
They assume we’ve seen the films…like the remainder of the show does. You won’t know who Frollo is if you haven’t seen Hunchback.

I would argue, on the contrary, however, the specific song segments show this theme clearly. The two reprises, “Show Yourself”, “Just Around the Riverbend”, and the Milan training segment are specifically about identity struggles.

jrhwdw

Makes perfect sense that Frozen 2's Show Yourself would be a part of that.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
They assume we’ve seen the films…like the remainder of the show does. You won’t know who Frollo is if you haven’t seen Hunchback.
But it is a lot more obvious that they are villains, and they are there to sabotage the dream.
I would argue, on the contrary, however, the specific song segments show this theme clearly. The two reprises, “Show Yourself”, “Just Around the Riverbend”, and the Milan training segment are specifically about identity struggles.
I strongly disagree lol

Nland316

I wish the order of the heroes was swapped a bit. The “One Jump Ahead” reprise would have flowed so nicely into the princess medley.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom