Fantasmic Reopening Watch

gerarar

Premium Member
First show (11/10 9:30pm):
  • No laser projections on mountain and stage.
  • Show stopped for about 5 mins after Evil Queen transformation into Magic Mirror scene.
  • B-mode colored flames when Malificient appears and rises. Water barges produce flames in this case.
  • No sword pyro.
  • No steamboat. B-mode finale on stage with ribbons. This is probably the main reason why the show stopped.
  • No pyro for when Sorceror Mickey appears on top of mountain.
  • No stage pyro for when Tuxedo Mickey appears and disappears.
  • Show started ~10 mins later with about one section open, but it filled up immediately as guests were still filing in.
Quite an eventful surprise show tonight for Fantasmic!

This also marks the first B-mode stage finale since the show returned.
Screenshot_20221110_212111.jpg

Timestamped clip of alternate finale tonight:

Last edited:

jrhwdw

First show (11/10 9:30pm):
  • No laser projections on mountain and stage.
  • Show stopped for about 5 mins after Evil Queen transformation into Magic Mirror scene.
  • B-mode colored flames when Malificient appears and rises. Water barges produce flames in this case.
  • Show started with about one section open, but it filled up immediately as guests were still filing in.
  • No steamboat. B-mode finale on stage with ribbons. This is probably the main reason why the show stopped.
Quite an eventful surprise show tonight for Fantasmic!
Why would F! need to stop to transfer from the Boat to the Stage?

Again, I'm shocked DHS got this in! I wish Most Merriest had this good luck!

gerarar

Premium Member
Why would F! need to stop to transfer from the Boat to the Stage?

Again, I'm shocked DHS got this in! I wish Most Merriest had this good luck!
Probably a sudden issue to determine if the steamboat is salvageable? They never really switch to the stage finale on the fly, like ever, from what I recall in the past.

However not really sure, just my best guess.

jrhwdw

Probably a sudden issue to determine if the steamboat is salvageable? They never really switch to the stage finale on the fly, like ever, from what I recall in the past.

However not really sure, just my best guess.
Fair. I have no clue myself how Backstage F! Works. We used to see Fountains before the Cast came out on Stage..

gerarar

Premium Member
Fair. I have no clue myself how Backstage F! Works. We used to see Fountains before the Cast came out on Stage..
I do remember that. That was a rare occurrence when the steamboat is down for maintenance and then the dragon gets stuck. So we get a fountains finale instead lol

Disone

Wow. WDW internally specifically said fantasmic would not be presented on this date. Impressive!

Clearly a case of under promising and over delivery. They probably didn't know whether or not they'd be able to get enough cast in to do it, and in spite saying that they weren't going to do it, continued to plan on doing so if they had enough people come in.

Old school Disney there. Love it. Would love to see a lot more of this kind of mentality.

ToTBellHop

Wow. WDW internally specifically said fantasmic would not be presented on this date. Impressive!

Clearly a case of under promising and over delivery. They probably didn't know whether or not they'd be able to get enough cast in to do it, and in spite saying that they weren't going to do it, continued to plan on doing so if they had enough people come in.

Old school Disney there. Love it. Would love to see a lot more of this kind of mentality.
This would have been a local decision. Individual park leaders actually want to provide a strong guest experience.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Fantasmic! showtime changes -

November 14th - 8pm and 9:30pm

November 17th through December 25th - 7:30pm and 9pm (except for December 4th - only 1 showing at 8pm)

December 26 through January 7 - 8pm and 9:30pm

January 8th and onward - 8pm.
Pretty much what we assumed would happen- that they’d do two shows a night through the holidays.

Lirael

If I bought a fantasmic dining package on a day that used to be one showing and now has 2, do I get to pick which show time I go to, or do I need to go to the first or last showing specifically? And if i can choose, do I need to book in advance or can I just show up on my preferred time slot on the day of and present my dining package pass?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If I bought a fantasmic dining package on a day that used to be one showing and now has 2, do I get to pick which show time I go to, or do I need to go to the first or last showing specifically? And if i can choose, do I need to book in advance or can I just show up on my preferred time slot on the day of and present my dining package pass?
My email confirmation says "1st Show" before these second ones were added. So, presume the early show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom