Fantasmic Reopening Watch

ToTBellHop

I mean, this specific scene in any iteration has never really added to the story. Whether Pan Segment, Pirates Segment, or Pocahontas Segment. It was always just another part of Mickey's dream, and was always meant to be fun, live action sequence.

I'd say Mickey asking for help very specifically in this version does tie it in further, as he needs a hero to assist him. Perhaps they could have tied it in further if each segment helped Mickey more clearly in some way.

But I'd still argue this is an improvement over the Pocahontas scene, although I'd like there to be more performers in the Mulan sequence, and Aladdin sequence.
I think there reaches a point where they are being condescending, and if Mickey had to personally thank each hero for their help, it would feel like an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I think it’s okay that they left a bit to us to fill in. It’s probably the clearest narrative of any WDW nighttime spectacular (its main competition being RoE, but portions flew over many heads and yet they didn’t feel a need to pause the narrative and say, “now class. Let’s talk about what we’ve just seen.”

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Just watched it... Yea the new scenes dont really add anything to the story. In fact, they don't make any sense. They're not bad, and most don't care... But man, you'd think they'd be able to ADD to the STORY. Make it make sense as to why they're there.

Overall though, same show. The BIGGEST upgrade is the lighting. Whoever they got to re-design all of the lighting did a PHENOMENAL job!!! Bravo! DRASTIC improvement!
I think perhaps if the new sequence started with Aladdin and ended with Pocahontas before transitioning into the Princess Medley, that would have been better.

phillip9698

Wish there were streamers or bloggers who were interested in showing interest night to night instead them all trying to attend the same packed 1st showing.

gerarar

Premium Member
First show miscues tonight (11/4 8pm):
  • BATB barge lights turned off as soon it has its turn. Good thing the manual-spotlights were able to keep the light shining!
  • Most of the pyro pinwheels on the steamboat were stuck.

Squishy

• BATB barge lights turned off as soon it has its turn. Good thing the manual-spotlights were able to keep the light shining!
Some pin wheels were also stuck during the 930 show yesterday. They need to invest in some wd-40

bhg469

We went the first show last night on 11/3... We have not seen the show for years. My wife really really really wanted to go and fortunately we were of the last few hundred people for the 7:30 show.

What stood out was the fun of the Moana addition. She was stomping in the water andy wife really enjoyed it... Was it as fun as what was taken away? No... It was nice to see the show again but it did feel more gutted than it was added onto..

Disney Analyst

Weird that they are already having such issues. Disney uses pinwheels all over the place... The DL pinwheels never seem to have an issue?

gerarar

Premium Member
Weird that they are already having such issues. Disney uses pinwheels all over the place... The DL pinwheels never seem to have an issue?
The pinwheels often failed during DL Forever and their F! on the barges, at least in the streams I tune into. I think it's just a matter of wind, the orientation when it turns on, etc. that factor into it spinning or not.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I think what I'm missing most is the amount of actors used in one longer scene from the OG Pocahontas scene. Sure it was an alright scene, but it felt so "grand" because it was "big."

Now we have one or two actors on a giant empty stage moving just a little bit.

gerarar

Premium Member
Second show (11/4 9:30pm):
  • Show was delayed for about ~10ish mins to allow more people to be seated
  • BATB barge all lit perfectly this time!
  • Pyro pinwheels performed somewhat better also on this go-around.
  • One or two barges missed their pyro cues during the new action sequence (Elsa).
  • Snake headlights didn't turn on, was working first show earlier.
  • About half a section on left facing stage was empty the entire show

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Any line reports today?

How was the line tonight? Trying to guage my strategy for Monday. 630pm too late to line up? I don't want to forgo any longer than that I don't think.

We got to the park at 7, with the intent of walking around for a bit and seeing the second show. However, we entered the queue at 7:08 because they were still seating for the first show and the line was not on the street. We ended up walking pretty much right into the theater and were in a seat by 7:20. We were seated in the last section on the right hand side (facing the mountain), but it was fine because we were able to move far into row and had a great view. I would say by 7:30 they were seating in the overflow bleachers, from what I could tell looking back every so often.

It was a pleasant surprise that we were able to see the first show tonight.

DisneyfanMA

9:30 delayed til 9:40 because of the 8:00 crowds.

9:40 was not full, just like last night. So, maybe 2 Shows would do it. So far I think DHS has too many Guests for just 1 Show a night......
Why are they doing them so late ? Even half hour earlier would be better imo. Clocks turn back tomorrow overnight too. Sunset is 5:37 pm Sunday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom