Fantasmic Reopening Watch

jrhwdw

This is actually really cool. Basically just seems like they tried to make something out of a pyro burn

I've always been impressed with that! It always looked more than what the Reg F! had! Too bad F! can't go to Show B automatically whenever they need to during the Show! Same with Pyro at DL!

Cmdr_Crimson

The star of the show!...

Glow with the Show ears were better...
GentleAnchoredCob-max-1mb.gif

Tom Morrow

Thoughts (based on a YouTube upload)

- The lighting and overall tech enhancements look great. I prefer this over projection mapping. If you add projection mapping it's too similar to the other night shows, and quite frankly projection mapping-heavy shows are played out. This retains its emphasis on being a live performance on a stage.
- I wish they would re-animate some of the old footage, I've always hated how you can see the frames and very obvious editing in some of the old clips.
- The four-ish minute Pocahontas scene was replaced with a six-ish minute assorrtment of many films. While spending that much time on just Pocahontas was always a little odd, I do feel that this detracts a little bit rather than adds. I think the canoe segment was a nice breather and the segment as a whole was a break from the overall random mishmash that the show mostly is. Now, it only adds to the randomness.
- Someone said this earlier in the thread and they're right - having Tinkerbell appear after this segment causes her appearance at the end to lose some emotional impact.
- I wish they would not have added Frozen and Moana since they add them everywhere, but I guess it was inevitable. I like that they refrained from using Let It Go or Into the Unknown for Elsa, but I wish they had not chosen How Far I'll Go for Moana. I suppose it fits the most with the visuals.
- There definitely needs to be more performers on stage during the new segments.
- I miss when the snake had headlight beam eyes.
- Mickey's new delivery of "You make think you're so powerful! Well uh, this is MY dream!" does not carry the same emotional weight as the old one and I think they should re-dub it.
- The new pyro at the finale is worse and seems scaled back. I miss the THWUMP created by the upward flourishes that would accompany Mickey raising his hands at the top of each measure.

Overall mostly positive changes but could have been better. It also could have been a LOT worse so I guess I'll definitely take this. Glad to have it back.

Last edited:

Squishy

Thoughts:

- The lighting and overall tech enhancements look great. I prefer this over projection mapping. If you add projection mapping it's too similar to the other night shows, and quite frankly projection mapping-heavy shows are played out. This retains its emphasis on being a live performance on a stage.
- I wish they would re-animate some of the old footage, I've always hated how you can see the frames and very obvious editing in some of the old clips.
- The four-ish minute Pocahontas scene was replaced with a six-ish minute mishmash of many films. While spending that much time on just Pocahontas was always a little odd, I do feel that this detracts a little bit rather than adds. I think the canoe segment was a nice breather and the segment as a whole was a break from the overall random mishmash that the show mostly is. Now, it only adds to the randomness.
- Someone said this earlier in the thread and they're right - having Tinkerbell appear after this segment causes her appearance at the end to lose some emotional impact.
- I wish they would not have added Frozen and Moana since they add them everywhere, but I guess it was inevitable. I like that they refrained from using Let It Go or Into the Unknown for Elsa, but I wish they had not chosen How Far I'll Go for Moana. I suppose it fits the most with the visuals.
- There definitely needs to be more performers on stage during the new segments.
- I miss when the snake had headlight beam eyes.
- Mickey's new delivery of "You make think you're so powerful! Well uh, this is MY dream!" does not carry the same emotional weight as the old one and I think they should re-dub it.
- The new pyro at the finale is worse and seems scaled back. I miss the THWUMP created by the upward flourishes that would accompany Mickey raising his hands at the top of each measure.

Overall mostly positive changes but could have been better. It also could have been a LOT worse so I guess I'll definitely take this. Glad to have it back.
The snake still has headlight beams, they just weren't working on the first night.

dreday3

Maybe they didn't want to do Genie + because the show is supposed to be free for everyone who pays for a park ticket? For rides, even without Genie + you'd still have the option to wait in a regular line. For this, if you didn't purchase Genie + for Fantastmic you'd be out of luck. Not really fair.

Of course they will probably add it to Genie + next week. 😂

DisneyDreamer08

Maybe they didn't want to do Genie + because the show is supposed to be free for everyone who pays for a park ticket? For rides, even without Genie + you'd still have the option to wait in a regular line. For this, if you didn't purchase Genie + for Fantastmic you'd be out of luck. Not really fair.

I assumed they would have three sections- standby, LL and dining package. That’s what it was previously, right?

MagicHappens1971

I as someone else just mentioned assumed, Standby or VQ coupled with ILL or Genie+ and Dining Packages

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom