Fantasmic Reopening Watch

Lirael

Wow, how useless

There's no point in this announcement if they don't give out dates. Especially since it doesn't run every night (edit: i could have sworn it didnt run every night at one point, but turns out this was long long ago) and we need to choose what specific day to go to HS

Last edited:

Lirael

Huh? F! should be every night...Have you heard differently????????
Oh, I thought I recalled going to the park once (before pandemic) and needing to adjust the schedule to make sure I went to HS on a day with f! running. Can't recall if it was in 2016 or 2018. I'll edit my reply

DisneyfanMA

Wow, how useless

There's no point in this announcement if they don't give out dates. Especially since it doesn't run every night (edit: i could have sworn it didnt run every night at one point, but last time i went to HS before F! stopped running was 2018, so im sorry if my memory is mistaken) and we need to choose what specific day to go to HS
This actually just got me anxious, was F! Only certain nights ? If so was it random or specific nights or is this wrong info?

drizgirl

Oh, I thought I recalled going to the park once (before pandemic) and needing to adjust the schedule to make sure I went to HS on a day with f! running. Can't recall if it was in 2016 or 2018. I'll edit my reply
It was like that some time ago. Thinking 2009 or 2010 or so. It was nightly for some time again before the pandemic hit.

But yeah, this was a stupid announcement. Probably trying to change the subject from yesterday's price hikes.

MaryJaneP

Stated somewhat breathlessly by TDO "Hey, We'd like to announce a spectacular something, happening somewhere, will definitely occurr sometime soonish, details at some future, unspecified, date!"

Lirael

It was like that some time ago. Thinking 2009 or 2010 or so. It was nightly for some time again before the pandemic hit.

But yeah, this was a stupid announcement. Probably trying to change the subject from yesterday's price hikes.
Oh, I'm glad I wasn't completely misremembering

But this makes me happier, maybe they'll bring it back every day then!

jrhwdw

No Problem, thanks! F! did do select nights around 2009-2011 I think?

gerarar

Premium Member
In January 2009, Disney tested doing Fantasmic! only twice a week. The best part? Performed only on Mondays and Thursdays, one show per day.

Then sometime in February 2009, and after the complaints it was bumped up to 3 nights a week. WDWMagic noted at the time standing room was filled an hour before showtime and 45 mins lines at Guest Relations because guests were being turned away at the entrance.

During the summer months it performed on Sundays, Tuesday, Thursday. It went back down to twice a week on off-peak times. It flip flopped between these two schedules throughout those years.

Sometime after the Jan/Feb 2012 refurbishment, daily performances resumed in March 2012 everyday up until it closed for the parks-wide closure in March 2020.

Sources:
TouringPlans

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
My guess is that they're trying to coordinate a media event to happen before the official first show. I know the target date for that event is very early November. The question is whether three weeks is enough time to get everyone's schedules aligned, flights arranged, etc., so that it's worthwhile for Disney to do it then. (That is, if they would get wayyyy more media by delaying it a week, they will.)
Do they really need a media event on how great the show is in a pre written report?!? Just open the show up so people can enjoy it & give them a reason to actually stay at HS later than normal…. They act like this is some brand new show yea i get its updated etc with new scenes but the show itself really isnt new. Open this up when ready & cut the PR bs

Last edited by a moderator:

drizgirl

In January 2009, Disney tested doing Fantasmic! only twice a week. The best part? Performed only on Mondays and Thursdays, one show per day.

Then sometime in February 2009, and after the complaints it was bumped up to 3 nights a week. WDWMagic noted at the time standing room was filled an hour before showtime and 45 mins lines at Guest Relations because guests were being turned away at the entrance.

During the summer months it performed on Sundays, Tuesday, Thursday. It went back down to twice a week on off-peak times. It flip flopped between these two schedules throughout those years.

Sometime after the Jan/Feb 2012 refurbishment, daily performances resumed in March 2012 everyday up until it closed for the parks-wide closure in March 2020.

Sources:
TouringPlans
I was actually disappointed when it went back to nightly performances because I missed being able to pick low crowd days at DHS.

jrhwdw

Do they really need a media event on how great the show is in a pre written report?!? Just open the show up so people can enjoy it & give them a reason to actually stay at HS later than normal…. They act like this is some brand new show yea i get its updated etc with new scenes but the show itself really isnt new. Open this up when ready & cut the PR bs
I don't think Media Nights are a Bad thing, Unless they have trouble getting a Media Date before the Public can see it.

Christmas comes Nov 8-11th at WDW, so Media might already be in town...perfect time for F! to get Coverage and finally reopen!....

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

Sources:
TouringPlans
Terrible part of F! being performed 2x a week is if the show is cancelled weather related, the guests are out of luck if that particular day at DHS is at tail end or last day of their vacation.

fgmnt

If they don't move back to nightly performaces, it will be because they can't line up the support staff (especially front line CMs who work in ODV and crowd control). No JBJB in the park for the peak holiday season and as I've said, Fantasmic is a moneymaker.

phillip9698

Have a trip to HS planned for Satruday 12/10. If this show is running that day im praying its available for LL or Genie+ because i DO NOT want to queue up 2 hours early to try and see the show. With everyone hopping over from other parks, that will be a complete cluster!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom