Fantasmic...not so great

rtiller

No. I was really bored through the whole thing =\ I'm not much for characters though, maybe that's why.
I've heard Disneyland's is a lot better.

I have to say that I've always enjoyed Fantasmic at WDW...I've seen it 3 or 4times. I didn't notice much difference between the WDW version or the DLR version except that in DLR the show is held in the MK and it is a little more "intimate"...that and we did the dessert buffet :slurp: !

I'm not offended that you didn't like the show though...my wife can't stand ROE and somehow we stay married :animwink:

Philo

I like it alot. In my opinion its the best of the shows but I can see why some people wouldn't care so much.

DDuckFan130

DLR's Fantasmic is better than MGM's (Peter Pan pirate ship section is just amazing to watch) but ... the music makes me have to go back each time we visit regardless .. i would never queue for hours before - I am quite happy to wait till show time and watch from the back or sides but it is a must see.

Don't know about anyone else but do you think frequent visitors get a little complacent? I think people in this day and age 'expect' to be wowed more and more ... everytime I watch Fantasmic I well up with tears, the music is so emotive to me and I love the rapturous (sp) applause it always recieves - it restores my faith in the 'average' WDW visitor.

Of course, I completely understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and respect that - I just think Fantasmic deserves it's compliments for being a spectacular nightime show that to me encapsulates all that is great about WDW.
Great post :)

lilmizpixie3

i think the show is fantastic, especially if you sit in the first couple of rows and experience the fire and water coming off of the show. It is not my favorite night time spectacular as that goes to wishes, but it is still one of the better!

kucarachi

Not So Fantasmic!

For being the landmark show at disney world i think it really is more than overrated, its almost boring. Even way back when i first saw it i thought the water stuff was neat but after 4 to 5 minutes i was thinking when are they gonna do something cooler. With all the high tech hollywood magic out there, it is a nice show, but for all the waiting, walking, and after riding such rides as TOT, and RnR Coaster, its a big letdown. Not to say you still cant find good things about it, but its more of tradition than a must see event. The fireworks arent even that good. I'd rather ride a few more rides than sit through another showing of this former fan favorite! How about a show like they have at disneyland china with all the characters most famous songs, and it even has a hollywood red carpet feel to it. They should build a replaca kodak theatre and have an oscar like show, going through the history of disney movies giving awards to favorite scenes and having those scenes reinacted with high tech characters. Somewhat like the Disney El Capitan theatre does in summer but on a much higher scale. Do away with fantasmic! leave it in disneyland!

TikiBeckie

I am in love with Fantasmic, and actually felt that Wishes and Illuminations was more overrated. I know I am like the only one though...

DDuckFan130

I am in love with Fantasmic, and actually felt that Wishes and Illuminations was more overrated. I know I am like the only one though...
No you're not. I agree with you :lol:

But that's ok because if we all agreed on everything, then this site would be boring :lookaroun

T0TFan

I love Fantasmic at DL. I like to refer to MGM's version as "OKmic" because there is nothing fantastic about it.

The characters in the bubbles and the Pocohontas parts just bore me to death.:snore:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom