Fantasmic...not so great

mitchk

Original Poster
I saw Fantasmic for the first time last week, and after hearing all these great things about it, and waiting in the arena for an hour for it to start, I expected it to be something really great. Well, I was very disappointed. First off, a lot of it was just projections on to water screens, and weak fire effects. To tell you the truth, about half way through it I turned to my wife and said "What the hell is going on?". I was just expecting a lot more. Am I the only one who feels Fantasmic is very overrated? Your thoughts :shrug:

disney_nutter

i dont think its over rated i just think its not everyones cup of tea. I no the one thing i dont like about it is the wait and the backless seats. but the rest of my family love it, so we have came to comparmise while they go and see fantasmic i get to run about the park unto its over. my favouirte thing about fantasmis is the music.

ThinkTink721

I like Fantasmic!
Everyone has their favorites though.:)
One thing that I really did like were the live characters on the boat at the end of the show.
:wave:

DisneyDaddyof3

i'm trying to figure out if it is worth the wait for a 6,3,1 year old.... I only want them to enjoy it, but I am nervous they will be afraid or not into it..:animwink:

PLTram

Am I the only one who feels Fantasmic is very overrated?

No, you're not. I thought it was cool, but after reading the hype here and on other Disney sites and in the Unofficial Guide, I was underwhelmed.

Heaven forbid you mention that you're not impressed with everything Disney on this site, however, prepare to be told to take your business elsewhere...

ThinkTink721

i'm trying to figure out if it is worth the wait for a 6,3,1 year old.... I only want them to enjoy it, but I am nervous they will be afraid or not into it..:animwink:
My kids were 8, 6 & 4 when they saw Fantasmic & they loved it!
You can do the Fantasmic Dinner pkg. at The Brown Derby, Hollywood & Vine or Mama Melrose & get priority seating so you don't have to wait as long to get into the show.
:wave:

jjgoo

We agree

I think this really falls under the category of everyone has their own opinion and not everyone is going to agree with the majority.

My DW and I went this past Oct. and did the Fantasmic dinner package after reading a bunch of fantastic reviews.

In the end we both thought it was fun, but we have little desire to see it again. We loved other shows, fireworks, parades, meeting characters. We just thought Fantasmic did not live up to the hype.

So you are not alone. Go ahead and say you don't like Fantasmic and be proud!

newfanatic

Fantasmic was the first WDW fireworks show we saw, which I think is why we enjoyed it so much. My friends who saw it after Wishes and Illuminations were also underwhelmed. Also, we went to the second showing and only had to wait about 30 minutes to get in and had great seats. We thought it was great, but don't know if we will bother to see it again when we are there in Sept 07.

Shrike

The Disneyland version of Fantasmic is orders of magnitude better, which might account for at least some of the hype.

It's not one of my regular stops at WDW, especially since the Studios is, for me at any rate, a half-day park and I'm usually gone by 1-2 in the afternoon.

ImaYoyo

I didn't like fantasmic the first few times I saw it. In fact, when I first came down here, it was one of the first shows I saw. After that first showing, I didn't watch it for over a year, probably close to 2. But it really grew on me. My favorite show? No. But a great performance? Sure is. Could it use some improvement? Always. But I do enjoy it now much more than my first viewing. One of those things that grew on me.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm sure you're not alone, and there are plenty of other people who dislike the show. I'm not one of them, and it's usually a highlight of my trip.

However, I happen to dislike Illuminations: ROE, which is sacreligious around here. I love the music, and the opening and closing sequences, but the middle part bores me to tears.

So, different strokes for different folks!

Vernonpush

i dont think its over rated i just think its not everyones cup of tea. I no the one thing i dont like about it is the wait and the backless seats. but the rest of my family love it, so we have came to comparmise while they go and see fantasmic i get to run about the park unto its over. my favouirte thing about fantasmis is the music.

We bought some Mickey Stadium Seats from DisneyShopping.com. We plan our trip to Fantasmic and bring our seats with us. We usually bring some food with us and have dinner in our comfortable padded seats with backs while waiting. Everyone around us laugh when we first get there, but after 45 minutes, they are asking us "where did you get those seats?" , "where did you get that fruit?". It's all about planning. I enjoy the show ( and my coworkers enjoy the music from the show, which they've heard every other day for the past year) alot.

I really, really loved it the first time I saw it but over the countless times since it has almost completely lost its appeal - after that long, long wait to see it each time, I seem to spend more and more time staring at my watch wondering how long the water projection sequences will go on for. I thought they were brilliantly-done at first - and of course, they are - but it just doesn't have the same repeat-viewing appeal for me as Wishes or ROE.

lilclerk

I really, really loved it the first time I saw it but over the countless times since it has almost completely lost its appeal - after that long, long wait to see it each time, I seem to spend more and more time staring at my watch wondering how long the water projection sequences will go on for. I thought they were brilliantly-done at first - and of course, they are - but it just doesn't have the same repeat-viewing appeal for me as Wishes or ROE.

Agreed, it IS a pretty cool effect, but it goes on for so long.

JNL0508

I think Fantasmic is great!!!:sohappy:

It is not just your typical nighttime (fireworks) show. The story that it tells is something you don't find in any other Disney show/parade, I think.

Especially that it includes several memorable Disney movie segments that both children and adults recognize. What other show has fireworks, many different characters and story's, fire effects, canoe's, a huge paddle boat, and Mickey in several different outfits.

I also like wishes and Illuminations, but the globe part has to change. I find that part so boring, but the fireworks are amazing especially with the music.

Alexx

I love fantasmic, it never gets old for me. I've seen it um ... *counts* 6 times I think, and i still love it. I'll probably see it twice again when i go in 3 days :)
It's just about what you like, its good the first time for some people but you know whats going to happen so you get bored. I just love it anyway. At xmas 2005 my dad and I set off a mexican wave. It was great :ROFLOL:

Vernonpush

I love fantasmic, it never gets old for me. I've seen it um ... *counts* 6 times I think, and i still love it. I'll probably see it twice again when i go in 3 days :)
It's just about what you like, its good the first time for some people but you know whats going to happen so you get bored. I just love it anyway. At xmas 2005 my dad and I set off a mexican wave. It was great :ROFLOL:
So, what makes a Mexican Wave different than the ususal wave at Fantasmic! ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom