Fantasmic! gets show lighting upgrades ahead of its 15th anniversary

Cosmic Commando

I've seen the DL version the past two Sundays, and the LEDs on the princess barges are very beautiful. Good work.

Of course, it's not what you're thinking of on the way out:
Fantasmic2-111310-AVP.jpg

Seriously, there is a 30 (40?) ft tall moving animatronic dragon that actually breathes fire on one coast, and a head on the stick on another. Look at how much bigger that thing is than Mickey. And it moves around. That's unacceptable. [/rant]

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Boo to the damn ears. Flashing sticks are distracting enough.
Yes!

Hurrah for the tech upgrade and all. But these glow with the show things completely change the way nightime shows function. You now have a sea of light you have to work with. A massive carpet of corresponding lights, which are now the largest show feature, the one closest to the audience too.

It's madness. The first thing you want to secure for a nightime or indoor show is complete darkness beyond the stage.

drew81

I know there are people that want a rehab/refurb of the show. And there are people that pushed for a total redo of Fant.

The fact that they are putting money into the show is a good sign, however this should have been done years ago. Hopefully this will be the start of something good and more enhancements.

Figment82

Great news! I saw the show Friday night and the lighting on the barges was terrible.

As for the Glow with the Show ears, there was someone wearing them in the tech booth and I found myself turning around to watch them occassionally. Neat effect, but I agree that I think I would find them distracting.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Great news! I saw the show Friday night and the lighting on the barges was terrible.

As for the Glow with the Show ears, there was someone wearing them in the tech booth and I found myself turning around to watch them occassionally. Neat effect, but I agree that I think I would find them distracting.

I will have to agree with you I think they are an interesting part of the show thought slightly annoying. But then if you ask my girlfriend who is not obsessed with Disney Like i am loves Glow with the Show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom