News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

EricsBiscuit

All this talk of replacing...I remember being jealous of dudes in college who ostensibly had the “blessing of size” but judging by all WDW does with its “blessing of size,” apparently I did not need to be so down on myself. You can make a far better date night out of Disneyland and it is much smaller.
One things for sure, either way it will certainly end with a bang!

Squishy

Whatever you need to tell yourself.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
How far out has Hollywood Studios usually scheduled Wonderful World of Animation? 8/31 is the last date with a time and there is no time starting 9/1, about three weeks away. Harmonious and Enchantment are both on the 9/1 schedule. HS park hours are the same 8/31 and 9/1 so it's not related to unknown hours. If they're going to have both World of Animation and Fantasmic at staggered times then maybe we've the point where Disney doesn't want to commit to show times that are in flux until Fantasmic is announced. Or they've been doing this a long time and I'm reading too much into this. 😬

jrhwdw

How far out has Hollywood Studios usually scheduled Wonderful World of Animation? 8/31 is the last date with a time and there is no time starting 9/1, about three weeks away. Harmonious and Enchantment are both on the 9/1 schedule. HS park hours are the same 8/31 and 9/1 so it's not related to unknown hours. If they're going to have both World of Animation and Fantasmic at staggered times then maybe we've the point where Disney doesn't want to commit to show times that are in flux until Fantasmic is announced. Or they've been doing this a long time and I'm reading too much into this. 😬
Hasn't Wonderful World Of Animation always been slow to be added to the Calendar???

If F! Really is planned for D23, I doubt it would reopen before D23. Unless Disney doesn't want a million questions about F! And it opens in time for D23.

mattpeto

Yeah, this got us all in trouble last year, when we speculated JBJB might be returning.

WWOA would likely play the same night as F!.

DHS and Epcot has closed at 9 pm EVERY NIGHT this year except for New Year's Eve at Epcot and a cast member event at DHS. I really hope the 3rd nighttime show kicks off a little more nighttime operating hours at the parks (not expecting it).

mattpeto

any chance this opens labor day weekend? or i should give up any hope of seeing it during my trip?
Honestly I don't think there is a chance unless we get announcement today or tomorrow.

They are so close to D23, it makes sense just to announce the opening there. It gives them easy content.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Hasn't Wonderful World Of Animation always been slow to be added to the Calendar???

If F! Really is planned for D23, I doubt it would reopen before D23. Unless Disney doesn't want a million questions about F! And it opens in time for D23.
If it's been late to schedule then that answers my question. I didn't mean to suggest a specific 9/1 F! start date as much as suggest that Disney might not want to schedule WWoA as far out as Harmonious and Enchantment if WWoA might get moved from 9pm to make room for F! on the schedule. Scheduling a few weeks out at a time gives the most most wiggle room. So while I agree a few more. WWoA September dates at 9pm seem more likely than unlikely, Disney at least maintains the flexibility to pull the trigger on a F! opening whenever it's ready instead of walking back a WWoA scheduled time.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Honestly I don't think there is a chance unless we get announcement today or tomorrow.

They are so close to D23, it makes sense just to announce the opening there. It gives them easy content.

While I don't think Disney would do it, it would be fun if a start date overlapping with D23 was announced (for people to schedule to be at HS) with no more information but then details are saved for D23 and it starts later the same dat at HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom