News Fantasmic!, Festival of Fantasy Parade and Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire to return to Walt Disney World

drizgirl

or better yet removing that glorified cafeteria back there for a dark ride instead,,,but the tokyo ride looks odd to me show wise. big barren rooms and sit there and watch much of nothing but hear a story. Im glad Epcot got Rat over that.
You mean remove that giant revenue stream?

ToTBellHop

All this talk of replacing...I remember being jealous of dudes in college who ostensibly had the “blessing of size” but judging by all WDW does with its “blessing of size,” apparently I did not need to be so down on myself. You can make a far better date night out of Disneyland and it is much smaller.

drizgirl

All this talk of replacing...I remember being jealous of dudes in college who ostensibly had the “blessing of size” but judging by all WDW does with its “blessing of size,” apparently I did not need to be so down on myself. You can make a far better date night out of Disneyland and it is much smaller.
WDW’s target market is not people who go to the parks for a date night.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
It amazes me that a small park like Disneyland can somehow do Fantasmic, MSEP, and fireworks in one night. But a park the size of MK somehow can no longer run a parade and fireworks in the same night.

wdwfan22

It amazes me that a small park like Disneyland can somehow do Fantasmic, MSEP, and fireworks in one night. But a park the size of MK somehow can no longer run a parade and fireworks in the same night.
It’s not that they can’t it’s they don’t have to. Attendance isn’t going to drop at Magic Kingdom by not offering it. Disneyland is a different market.

Touchdown

Also Disneyland guests are not nearly as high maintenance as WDW guests are...
That is not true at all, DLR APs are notoriously high maintenance, in both good (that resort is generally better maintained, has more seasonal entertainment, etc) and bad ways (Long lines at GR, demanding the right to hold spots for evening shows starting at opening, etc.)

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
It’s not that they can’t it’s they don’t have to. Attendance isn’t going to drop at Magic Kingdom by not offering it. Disneyland is a different market.
Kill Count Boot Licker GIF by Dead Meat James

Disone

WDW’s target market is not people who go to the parks for a date night.
So.... Walt Disney World uses that different demographic as an excuse to cut corners?

The people traveling for once in a lifetime trip don't deserve to be wowed as much as the people who are just going to the park for a date night? Where exactly are we going with us?
Also Disneyland guests are not nearly as high maintenance as WDW guests are...
Oh that's not true. If anything it's reversed. See below.
That is not true at all, DLR APs are notoriously high maintenance, in both good (that resort is generally better maintained, has more seasonal entertainment, etc) and bad ways (Long lines at GR, demanding the right to hold spots for evening shows starting at opening, etc.)
100% true. The repeat guest at Disneyland can be excessively entitled but they also hold DLR's feet to the fire on Disney Quality. They know the Disney Show Standards and do not except less.

drizgirl

So.... Walt Disney World uses that different demographic as an excuse to cut corners?

The people traveling for once in a lifetime trip don't deserve to be wowed as much as the people who are just going to the park for a date night? Where exactly are we going with us?
Well duh. Of course that’s what they do. It’s not about what guests deserve. It’s about what Disney can get away with.

Disone

Well duh. Of course that’s what they do. It’s not about what guests deserve. It’s about what Disney can get away with.
Okay then. Just checking. Sounded like you were trying to justify those WDW corner cuts as completely valid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom