Fantasmic Dinner Package

kimrn87

I have a question in regards to the Fantasmic dinner package. I will be going to MGM January 10. I know they have been making changes on how this works. So what is the plan for this time? and where can you eat? Do you have to book a dinner meal?

Thanks everyone!!

wannabeBelle

Hi there, The very first thing I would recommend is to call Disney and ask them what times are they referring to for the period you are going to be in Disney. I say this because my friend Lilo had done the same thing (you can search for her postings on the issue if you'd like) and she would have had to have eaten at like 4 pm to get into the 6 pm Fantasmic show. they werent doing the dinner package for the 8 pm show while she was there. So she went ahead and make PS for the Hollywood Brown Derby for the time she wanted (about 6 or so) and saw the 8 pm show as she wanted to without the dinner package. The Dinner package you must pay for in advance so even if you change your mind about the dinner you are kinda stuck. I personally havent gone for the dinner package becasue my favorite restaurant (50's Prime Time Cafe) isnt included in the list of places to go. Last time I looked it was only Hollywood Brown Derby (good food but pricey for the package over 40 dollars an adult I think) Mama Melrose (Never been there for a package but didnt care for the food) and Hollywood & Vine (a buffet style meal, reasonable price and Characters for the meal). Do make it a point to see Fantasmic though...it is so amazing!!!! Bring a REALLY good video camera!!! Good luck and any other questions write back and Ill try to help!! Belle

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hi there, The very first thing I would recommend is to call Disney and ask them what times are they referring to for the period you are going to be in Disney. I say this because my friend Lilo had done the same thing (you can search for her postings on the issue if you'd like) and she would have had to have eaten at like 4 pm to get into the 6 pm Fantasmic show. they werent doing the dinner package for the 8 pm show while she was there. So she went ahead and make PS for the Hollywood Brown Derby for the time she wanted (about 6 or so) and saw the 8 pm show as she wanted to without the dinner package. The Dinner package you must pay for in advance so even if you change your mind about the dinner you are kinda stuck. I personally havent gone for the dinner package becasue my favorite restaurant (50's Prime Time Cafe) isnt included in the list of places to go. Last time I looked it was only Hollywood Brown Derby (good food but pricey for the package over 40 dollars an adult I think) Mama Melrose (Never been there for a package but didnt care for the food) and Hollywood & Vine (a buffet style meal, reasonable price and Characters for the meal). Do make it a point to see Fantasmic though...it is so amazing!!!! Bring a REALLY good video camera!!! Good luck and any other questions write back and Ill try to help!! Belle

I agree with Belle,

I have dined at all 3 of the restaurants offered and the Brown Derby is the best (food wise...but pricey) (hehehe, I'm with you Belle, I love the 50's Primetime...and eat there every trip :) )

If you have NOT seen Fantasmic...and you have a list of "must-do's" PUT THAT AS #1!!!

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by kimrn87
I have a question in regards to the Fantasmic dinner package. I will be going to MGM January 10. I know they have been making changes on how this works. So what is the plan for this time? and where can you eat? Do you have to book a dinner meal?

Thanks everyone!!

Are there any additional perks for using a package besides guaranteed seating? $40 a person for the package seems high, how much does the Bown Derby run per person for just the meal?

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Fantasmic Dinner Package

Originally posted by spider-man
Are there any additional perks for using a package besides guaranteed seating? $40 a person for the package seems high, how much does the Bown Derby run per person for just the meal?

Not sure about the price...but it's great at very busy times...because at some times of the year...you have to be sitting at LEAST 90 minutes beforehand to get a good seat. So, you get about 75 EXTRA minutes to "play" in the park and you dont' need to "sit" and wait.

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Re: Re: Re: Fantasmic Dinner Package

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Not sure about the price...but it's great at very busy times...because at some times of the year...you have to be sitting at LEAST 90 minutes beforehand to get a good seat. So, you get about 75 EXTRA minutes to "play" in the park and you dont' need to "sit" and wait.

Well, I know about that cause the time before last we got to Fantasmic an hour early and never got in, but I just figured you'd get something with a Package.. like a seat cushion or something. :lol: Can you choose anything from the menu with the package? Are desserts and Appetizers extra, or was $40 just an estimate on the package price?

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fantasmic Dinner Package

Originally posted by spider-man
Well, I know about that cause the time before last we got to Fantasmic an hour early and never got in, but I just figured you'd get something with a Package.. like a seat cushion or something. :lol: Can you choose anything from the menu with the package? Are desserts and Appetizers extra, or was $40 just an estimate on the package price?

:lol: I'm trying to remember on that...I've done all three package deals and I can't remember about the Brown derby but I know 2 of them were buffet style... (I know that I wasn't too keen on the Mama Melrose buffet though)

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

I would suggest crossing Mama Melrose's off your list, leaving only the BD and H+V to choose from, as the food at MM is simply not as good.

Also, I was surprised to find that the dinner package people didn't really get the best seating in my opinion.
They seemed to seat them way over at the far right side of the pavilion and I would much rather sit in the middle.

In short, I think the hour wait time for Fantasmic was a small price to pay compared to the dinner package options I saw.

I opted for the Candelight Dinner Package at EPCOT instead and was VERY satisfied!

Good Luck with whatever you decide! Let us know how it works out! :cool:

Upvote 0

guwag

I went last August and I don't remember us paying any extra - you just had to eat at one of the three restaurants after reserving a place at Guest Services (inside and to the left of the gates @ MGM I think), We chose Mama Melrose's and I thought that the food was excellent and it is full waitress service.

We were then given a card after paying the bill that let our party into a special entrance round by the entrance (I think). Be warned, it is quite a walk to actually enter the Auditorium via the back route unfortunately.

I thought that the seating was bad at first but then I realised that you can see pretty much anything wherever you are in the Auditorium, you get to see the fireworks from Epcot better too!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey Guwag, they had previously had it where you could just do the package and then pay for it when you showed up. They recently changed that. I am not sure why but that is the deal. As I said for the most up to date info as always call Disney directly at 1-407-WDW-DINE, but you may want to check out www.wdwig.com for the prices and possible inclusions and exlusions with the meal. The Dinner package for the Candlelight processional I have done also and I HIGHLY recommend that. Definitely well worth it, good seats and a large assortment of restaurants to choose from!!! Belle

Upvote 0

wdwguru

I have done the Fantasmic Dinner package before, and at the time, you just paid the regular amount for the food and got guaranteed seats. However, you still had to arrive plenty early. I think they have changed it to paying a flat rate and you get an appetizer, dinner and dessert, like they do for the Candlelight Processional. We had a dinner package for the Candlelight Processional for Christmas Eve a few years ago. It was a must have, but I don't think it's as great a benefit for Fantasmic for the time of year you are going. It is one of the slowest times of year.

My recommendation, plan on getting there a couple of hours early and buy food inside to eat while you wait. They serve a variety of items including wraps and hodogs and I want to say pizza too. Plus they always have people there to tell jokes, do contests and other silly things to keep people from getting restless. It's like a show before the show.

29 days and counting!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0
I think this basically comes down to two things. Do you want to wait in line for over an hour for the show, and are you willing to pay the dinner price.

We just did the Fantasmic package with Brown Derby, and it was the best meal we had in the parks, excluding the resorts. You choose from any appetizer, any main course, and any desert. Booze is extra. I'm sure technically, the best seats are smack dab in the middle of the theater. I would guess you need to be there an hour and 1/2 early to get them. I didn't find sitting on the right side of the theater was that big of deal. The no waiting was more important to us.

As an aside, I have read some negative comments about Mama Melrose. We had lunch there, and really thought it was pretty good for park food. I would go there again for lunch.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom