Fantasmic closing?

Ausdaddy

To be honest, I hope the rumor of Fantasmic closing is wrong. All I'm saying is that this is a rumor I was told about and I'm sharing it on here.

If it doesn't end and continues to play I will be very happy.

Appreciate you sharing the rumor Drew. I hope it's not true as well.

:lol:

Fair enough... it's just when I start to hear the same rumor from many different sources, I start to take them more seriously. And it certainly wouldn't surprise me; typically when Disney makes attractions "seasonal" or run them less frequently, they end up on the chopping block shortly thereafter.
Just like when Timekeeper began to run seasonally and was put on the chopping block.

There are three expansion areas on Sunset, two of which are large enough for a major attraction like RnR.
That is where im assuming they are putting the 2 new E Ticket roller coasters. It would make up for the loss of Fantastmic but this wil really cause more of a traffic jam in that area.

rct247

No.

Sunset is already congested. A new attraction would most likely be placed as part of Pixar Place or on the left side of the park.

Nightly fireworks over The Great Movie Ride/The Hat would require the entire back half of the park: from Streets of America (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) to Animation Courtyard (Little Mermaid) to close and hour before the fireworks usually including the ever popular Toy Story Midway Mania.

Fantasmic is still very popular. It just isn't offered enough times a week due to cutbacks. The first showing is 95% of the time standing room only/filled to capacity.

I don't want World of Color to come to DHS. Let DCA have it's glory. Instead, let's see what Tokyo Disney Sea gets for Fantasmic 2.0. I could see us getting the same if it goes well.

I would assume updated fountains, additions to include Pixar films, etc.

And as far as two roller coasters, no way. The park needs more rides and more things for kids to do.

lebeau

The park needs more rides and more things for kids to do.

Quoted for extreme truthiness.

We can only ride the Great Movie Ride and watch the Muppets so many times! Sure, my daughter could play in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground all day (they really need to retheme that to Bug's Life, btw). And she'll ride Toy Story any time we can get a FP for it (which is rare).

(Yes, I know there's a couple kind-friendly shows. My kid hates shows.)

DHS is kind of a schizo park. 1/2 of it is for thrill-seekers and 1/2 is for kids. But there's barely enough for either group to last a full day. And there's very little overlap between the two.

MarkTwain

No.

Sunset is already congested. A new attraction would most likely be placed as part of Pixar Place or on the left side of the park.

Nightly fireworks over The Great Movie Ride/The Hat would require the entire back half of the park: from Streets of America (Honey, I Shrunk the Kids) to Animation Courtyard (Little Mermaid) to close and hour before the fireworks usually including the ever popular Toy Story Midway Mania.

Fantasmic is still very popular. It just isn't offered enough times a week due to cutbacks. The first showing is 95% of the time standing room only/filled to capacity.

I don't want World of Color to come to DHS. Let DCA have it's glory. Instead, let's see what Tokyo Disney Sea gets for Fantasmic 2.0. I could see us getting the same if it goes well.

I would assume updated fountains, additions to include Pixar films, etc.

And as far as two roller coasters, no way. The park needs more rides and more things for kids to do.

:sohappy:

Agreed on all counts!

SeaCastle

For those that are curious...

studiosnorth_expansion.jpg

Not 100% accurate, but accurate enough to give an idea of how much is available back there. South of RnR, the area including Rosie's All-American Cafe is a placeholder for future expansion. Northeast of the Tower of Terror are some entertainment trailers that could in theory be used in future expansion. The Theater of the Stars area could also be re-purposed for an attraction, though I'm doubtful they would have to demolish the theater at any time in the forseeable future.

Also, many Studios buildings are semi-temporary and could easily be demolished, so just because there's a building in the way doesn't mean it's not an expansion plot. :)

brentley2

Ummm....I usually hate it when people and moan about attractions being taken out....but my opinion is this on losing Fantasmic...

Does Hell go with NO?
Why yes, it does.

Take out the awful Motors show on the other side of the park and leave Fantasmic alone...it's one of the few things left that actually center around the mouse....he's the reason we have the parks anyway!

_Scar

Ummm....I usually hate it when people and moan about attractions being taken out....but my opinion is this on losing Fantasmic...

Does Hell go with NO?
Why yes, it does.

Take out the awful Motors show on the other side of the park and leave Fantasmic alone...it's one of the few things left that actually center around the mouse....he's the reason we have the parks anyway!

No he's not :lol:

At first, Disney parks had no walkaround characters whatsoever.

RSoxNo1

For those that are curious...

studiosnorth_expansion.jpg

Not 100% accurate, but accurate enough to give an idea of how much is available back there. South of RnR, the area including Rosie's All-American Cafe is a placeholder for future expansion. Northeast of the Tower of Terror are some entertainment trailers that could in theory be used in future expansion. The Theater of the Stars area could also be re-purposed for an attraction, though I'm doubtful they would have to demolish the theater at any time in the forseeable future.

Also, many Studios buildings are semi-temporary and could easily be demolished, so just because there's a building in the way doesn't mean it's not an expansion plot. :)

The South most plot can be accessed via the Animation Courtyard instead of Sunset. That's a much better approach.

TP2000

At first, Disney parks had no walkaround characters whatsoever.

Uh-oh. Time to crack open the history books, young man...

Walkaround Disney Characters have been in every Disneyland-style Disney theme park since opening day. For Disneyland's opening Walt had to borrow costumes from the Ice Capades in order to have Mickey and Minnie in the park greeting Guests on July 17, 1955. They were the same Ice Capades costumes, just without the skates, and you can even see the bunched up skate covers on Minnie's feet.

JerryColona_FLandTheater.jpg

By the late 1950's, the Disneyland entertainment department had taken over design and creation of the Character costumes, and there were dozens of characters appearing in the park. They still looked rather freakish compared to what we know today. Minnie, your slip is showing!

DL_4_60_N20.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom