News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

Disney Analyst

I disagree completely. I love Steve’s work and feel like the current shows at MK are missing his magic.

Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Remember, Magical, Pirate & Princess Party, Disneyland Forever, World of Color, WOC Season of Light - these are all so good!

I agree: Steve is fantastic. The only time things go really off is when corporate is more involved.

CaptinEO

I disagree completely. I love Steve’s work and feel like the current shows at MK are missing his magic.

Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Remember, Magical, Pirate & Princess Party, Disneyland Forever, World of Color, WOC Season of Light - these are all so good!
It would be nice if they could use different show directors for a change.

SuddenStorm

When I saw the 10:30 Fantasmic on Monday, we were in the standing area to the right of the control table (almost center viewing). The dining area 'reserved' seating that's directly on the river was dang near empty- and 10 minutes before the show cast members allowed everyone to move up and sit there.

I've been watching Fantasmic for about 20 years, and regularly from 2010-2015, and I don't remember ever seeing it that empty. Ever. In fall '19 I did notice that it was easier to get decent standing viewing than I had remembered so it did feel like the show had less attendance, but this was shockingly empty. Especially when it hasn't been shown for 2 years and it's Memorial Day. You'd expect the show to be packed.

Disney Analyst

So Yesterday was a media day, while the fountains on the sides are still not fully working... And Murphy did not rise yesterday either, it looks like they got the Magic Carpet moving again.

Purduevian

Honestly I like the view there.

Hungry Bear is definitely an ideal option if you can't afford Riverbelle or Blue Bayou or if you're looking for a fast option.

If you're going before June 8th (When Blue Bayou is reportedly reopening), Riverbelle has temporarily taken over Blue Bayous center view of the show until Blue bayou reopens.

If you get a chance to do Blue Bayou do it. Blue Bayou package comes with a seat cushion.

What time is your Riverbelle reservation? I would recommend changing it to the first hour of it opening (They open around 11am) to get the best chance of doing the package. I think on the first day, they ran out within 2-3 hours. You can modify the time on the app if the times are still available
Going end if June so blue bayou will hopefully be open. Right now I have a 1:30 riverbelle. I'm starting that day at dca, so I can't really do it any earlier. Kinda thinking I'm going to do hungry bear though because I don't want to risk the dinning package selling out

gerarar

Premium Member
Even though the screen atop top the cabin was cut, the projections themselves were not edited to account for that.

In the Pirates segment, you can still spot the shadowed figures fighting in the tree line.
Screenshot_20220603-101916_YouTube.jpg

2.0 debut:
Screenshot_20220603-102234_YouTube.jpg

However, a great change regardless. That screen really detracted from the calm view before the show began (and afterwards).

gerarar

Premium Member
Mickey had a small accident last night, but it all worked out in the end! (Kudos to the CM for getting back up just in time for the pyro sparklers)

MoonRakerSCM

I'm surprised the sparklers went off... I was always under the impression that the show controllers at the table down in the planter area are watching the show and have their hands on 'go/no go' switches for all the pyro effects?

Disney Analyst

I'm surprised the sparklers went off... I was always under the impression that the show controllers at the table down in the planter area are watching the show and have their hands on 'go/no go' switches for all the pyro effects?

I am wondering if those sparklers are Mickey controlled? Not sure how they work.

waltography

Disney Analyst

Okay saw some video from yesterday and tonight.

Murphy is breathing fire again. Last night both side fountains were fully out again. Magic carpet not moving again.

gerarar

Premium Member
Okay saw some video from yesterday and tonight.

Murphy is breathing fire again. Last night both side fountains were fully out again. Magic carpet not moving again.
I saw in one livestream the left side fountain was so off-sync/broken during the finale steamboat, that it shot water into the steamboat, that Beast had to move a bit.
So perhaps they permanently shut it off for now until it can get fixed..

Disney Analyst

I saw in one livestream the left side fountain was so off-sync/broken during the finale steamboat, that it shot water into the steamboat, that Beast had to move a bit.
So perhaps they permanently shut it off for now until it can get fixed..

That’s what I figured. They must have have decided to fully shut both sides off until they don’t look and act a mess.

Stevek

We were able to sit bits and pieces of it on 6/2 as we were walking to and from Galaxy's Edge. The walkways, especially those in NOS are sooo much more manageable.

Movielover

Honestly I like the view there.

Hungry Bear is definitely an ideal option if you can't afford Riverbelle or Blue Bayou or if you're looking for a fast option.

If you're going before June 8th (When Blue Bayou is reportedly reopening), Riverbelle has temporarily taken over Blue Bayous center view of the show until Blue bayou reopens.

If you get a chance to do Blue Bayou do it. Blue Bayou package comes with a seat cushion.

What time is your Riverbelle reservation? I would recommend changing it to the first hour of it opening (They open around 11am) to get the best chance of doing the package. I think on the first day, they ran out within 2-3 hours. You can modify the time on the app if the times are still available

Good to know. I'll be attending D23 in September and have 3 days for the parks the week after. I plan on doing Blue Bayou package on my final night.

wtyy21

Fantasmic have many fails yesterday. Here summary of fails from Aaron skinner YouTube channel:
Fantasmic and Disneyland Forever fireworks

#1: some of the fountains are absent in the show for now
#2: 39:33, king Louie’s monkeys that were on king Louie’s barge are absent
#3: 44:26- 47:10, the pirate scene chronological aren’t correct properly
#4: the fire that was all around the water are completely absent, however many suspect that the show would rather have the fire all over the water than all the water of fire
#5: 58:16, Donald and one of the soilders is absent on the finale

For the second day a row, Disneyland Forever fireworks were cancelled. However, doesn't like too windy for me unless it reach 10 mph. So, why no B-mode version as on Sunday?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom