News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

Sailor310

As per usual with the dying legacy media, they are a few days late to the news. But now the OC Register is reporting this evening on Fightasmic!.

Wow! I'm sort of happy to see DL Security manhandling that guy... after just standing around at the Toontown Family Reunion. We all figured DL Security couldn't legally grab people like that.
It's a nice indicator of the quality of F! that people are so excited about seeing it that they will fight for their spot.

Emmanuel

Wow! I'm sort of happy to see DL Security manhandling that guy... after just standing around at the Toontown Family Reunion. We all figured DL Security couldn't legally grab people like that.
It's a nice indicator of the quality of F! that people are so excited about seeing it that they will fight for their spot.
Fresh baked Disney happened to have caught the moment just before the fight happened. I was there that night as well but I was in the Hungry Bear viewing area well away from the scene

SuddenStorm

Fresh baked Disney happened to have caught the moment just before the fight happened. I was there that night as well but I was in the Hungry Bear viewing area well away from the scene

I swear I saw the Fresh Baked guy there on Monday. He must be there almost daily.

CaptinEO

You bring up a good point. This is a HUGE improvement over the disgrace that happened in July 2019.

Disney must have learned from that experience. I guess their legal team realized that risk wise it can be better to break up a fight than just stand around and not get involved.

Emmanuel

DSC_0759.JPG

Don't know if that projection tarp will return but if doesn't, its not a big deal. Its absence makes the view before the show a lot better.

This shot I took came from the Hungry Bear viewing area for the show

Purduevian

Don't know if that projection tarp will return but if doesn't, its not a big deal. Its absence makes the view before the show a lot better.

How did you feel the view was from the Hungry Bear viewing area? I currently have a Hungry Bear reservation and a River Belle Terrace reservation (to ask for fantasmic dinning package)

Kind of thinking:
Hungry bear pros: Cheaper, Faster, guaranteed to get a spot
River Belle Pros: Better viewing, better food

Seem right to you? I've never been to DLR and F! is a huge priority for me and I've only got 1 night (2 days, but have to leave earlier on day 2).

If Blue Bayou opens up, I plan to do that over Hungry Bear and River Belle.

Disney Analyst

View attachment 642863

Yeah I never really liked the projection screen, it ruined one of the best things about Disneyland’s Fantasmic, that the show appears and then vanishes.

I hope it is cut.

I am also happy they removed the dragon rising with lights on, I always thought the most magical part of that was the dragon suddenly being there out of the darkness. Unexpected.

PiratesMansion

I am also happy they removed the dragon rising with lights on, I always thought the most magical part of that was the dragon suddenly being there out of the darkness. Unexpected.
It makes no sense to reveal the dragon immediately. Not sure what they were thinking with that particular choice. I feel like you then spend the rest of your time thinking about the dragon until it actually, y'know, does something.

It's like modern Disney can't just let things be a surprise and they have to immediately show all their cards at the earliest possible opportunity.

VJ

Original Poster
It makes no sense to reveal the dragon immediately. Not sure what they were thinking with that particular choice. I feel like you then spend the rest of your time thinking about the dragon until it actually, y'know, does something.

It's like modern Disney can't just let things be a surprise and they have to immediately show all their cards at the earliest possible opportunity.
also, i've brought this up before, but fantasmic '92 saved sorcerer mickey for the high point of the entire show - the finale conducting water, fireworks, and lasers on top of the mill as he takes back his dream once and for all. '17 fantasmic introduces sorcerer mickey almost immediately, and the emotional impact on that point in the finale is instantly lost as a result because it's not special anymore.

world of color also has the issue of playing all its cards at the earliest possible opportunity - the common denominator here is steve davison

CaptinEO

also, i've brought this up before, but fantasmic '92 saved sorcerer mickey for the high point of the entire show - the finale conducting water, fireworks, and lasers on top of the mill as he takes back his dream once and for all. '17 fantasmic introduces sorcerer mickey almost immediately, and the emotional impact on that point in the finale is instantly lost as a result because it's not special anymore.

world of color also has the issue of playing all its cards at the earliest possible opportunity - the common denominator here is steve davison
Steve Davison has had more duds than successes on his resume at this point. How many shows does "Friend Like Me" and "A Whole New World" need to be in?

Does anyone remember the atrocious 60th World of Color Show with Neil Patrick and Mickey Mouse singing along with crudely animated flash cartoons of Disneyland attractions? Then it went into the entirety of Frozen's Let It Go followed by a Star Wars Force Awakens trailer? That was the worst night time entertainment I've seen in a Disney park.

wtyy21

Steve Davison has had more duds than successes on his resume at this point. How many shows does "Friend Like Me" and "A Whole New World" need to be in?

Does anyone remember the atrocious 60th World of Color Show with Neil Patrick and Mickey Mouse singing along with crudely animated flash cartoons of Disneyland attractions? Then it went into the entirety of Frozen's Let It Go followed by a Star Wars Force Awakens trailer? That was the worst night time entertainment I've seen in a Disney park.
Yes, i believe, with addition of Walt Disney footage and clips of attractions that supposedly should be featured in Enchantment (WDW 50th fireworks show). However, that nighttime show (WOC Celebrate) was not worst either. I think it would be par with Harmonious, another Davison creation.

CaptinEO

Yes, i believe, with addition of Walt Disney footage and clips of attractions that supposedly should be featured in Enchantment (WDW 50th fireworks show). However, that nighttime show (WOC Celebrate) was not worst either. I think it would be par with Harmonious, another Davison creation.
Yes, it was a Walt Disney Animation and Disneyland history lesson with giant ads for Star Wars and Frozen thrown in.

That is true though, at the very least it attempted to cover Disneyland history (but not fully focused), unlike Harmonious which is just a Disney music greatest hits fest (once again).

Emmanuel

How did you feel the view was from the Hungry Bear viewing area? I currently have a Hungry Bear reservation and a River Belle Terrace reservation (to ask for fantasmic dinning package)

Kind of thinking:
Hungry bear pros: Cheaper, Faster, guaranteed to get a spot
River Belle Pros: Better viewing, better food

Seem right to you? I've never been to DLR and F! is a huge priority for me and I've only got 1 night (2 days, but have to leave earlier on day 2).

If Blue Bayou opens up, I plan to do that over Hungry Bear and River Belle.

Honestly I like the view there.

Hungry Bear is definitely an ideal option if you can't afford Riverbelle or Blue Bayou or if you're looking for a fast option.

If you're going before June 8th (When Blue Bayou is reportedly reopening), Riverbelle has temporarily taken over Blue Bayous center view of the show until Blue bayou reopens.

If you get a chance to do Blue Bayou do it. Blue Bayou package comes with a seat cushion.

What time is your Riverbelle reservation? I would recommend changing it to the first hour of it opening (They open around 11am) to get the best chance of doing the package. I think on the first day, they ran out within 2-3 hours. You can modify the time on the app if the times are still available

Figments Friend

Very, very glad to hear that Murphy's grand entrance on stage has been corrected.
Always felt it was a bad staging decision to actually show the dragon rising from her 'pit' during the Show.
The former / original presentation of her was SO MUCH better - in the dark, unseen....then WOW it's there!
Why it was felt that needed to be changed I'll never understand.

The visual impact of rising the dragon in the dark, hidden, and THEN lighting it slowly for the reveal was a far superior way to stage it's appearance.
Truly, that moment the audience realizes that this is a giant , REAL figure that has just literally and seemingly appeared out of thin air is nothing short of stunning.
Loved that, and I am so glad to hear it's back!
About time....too....

-

Emmanuel

Very, very glad to hear that Murphy's grand entrance on stage has been corrected.
Always felt it was a bad staging decision to actually show the dragon rising from her 'pit' during the Show.
The former / original presentation of her was SO MUCH better - in the dark, unseen....then WOW it's there!
Why it was felt that needed to be changed I'll never understand.

The visual impact of rising the dragon in the dark, hidden, and THEN lighting it slowly for the reveal was a far superior way to stage it's appearance.
Truly, that moment the audience realizes that this is a giant , REAL figure that has just literally and seemingly appeared out of thin air is nothing short of stunning.
Loved that, and I am so glad to hear it's back!
About time....too....

-

Its funny though. Even though it didn't made sense, it at least made us know if the animatronic was appearing or not.

TrainsOfDisney

Steve Davison has had more duds than successes on his resume at this point.
I disagree completely. I love Steve’s work and feel like the current shows at MK are missing his magic.

Wishes, Holiday Wishes, Remember, Magical, Pirate & Princess Party, Disneyland Forever, World of Color, WOC Season of Light - these are all so good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom