News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

Disney Analyst

The one thing I’ve noticed, and this must be intentional as part of the trying to remove problematic things…

The end of the Pocahontas section no longer has the projection of her and John Smith kissing in the centre. Just completely removed, with a blank hole.

They didn’t even reprogram the fountains so everything frames that moment still…

MoonRakerSCM

One would think they would repair what's broken before presenting it to the public.

They made a decision at a point and said let's release broken product to the public because we don't care.

Are they even trying to fix the broken
I wish that Disneyland had conducted more maintenance during its COVID-19 downtime, but there was so much that was unknown with the COVID-19 pandemic. How long would the closure be? When they would be able to operate at reduced capacity, would they be able to turn a profit or merely cut losses? Would closures be annual?

In hindsight, maintenance expenditures may have been better in the longrun; but at the time, it also increased the risk of a catastrophic cash crisis. I am in awe that so many hourly workers received wages for no work for an extended period of time. From a management perspective, keeping deferred maintenance as deferred during the pandemic was reasonable.

That is not to say that such maintenance should continue to be deferred…

Last edited:

180º

I wish that Disneyland had conducted more maintenance during its COVID-19 downtime, but there was so much that was unknown with the COVID-19 pandemic. How long would the closure be? When they would be able to operate at reduced capacity, would they be able to turn a profit or merely cut losses? Would closures be annual?

In hindsight, maintenance expenditures may have been better in the longrun; but at the time, it also increased the risk of a catastrophic cash crisis. I am in awe that so many hourly workers received wages for no work for an extended period of time. From a management perspective, keeping deferred maintenance as deferred during the pandemic was reasonable.

That is not to say that such maintenance should continue to be deferred…
Hourly workers only received pay on furlough for about a month. Decent, but not awe-inspiring.

truecoat

The one thing I’ve noticed, and this must be intentional as part of the trying to remove problematic things…

The end of the Pocahontas section no longer has the projection of her and John Smith kissing in the centre. Just completely removed, with a blank hole.

They didn’t even reprogram the fountains so everything frames that moment still…

I think this is proof that WOC is coming to Florida and they made the cuts ahead of time so they don't violate any purity laws down there.

VJ

Original Poster
I think this is proof that WOC is coming to Florida and they made the cuts ahead of time so they don't violate any purity laws down there.
turns out the world of color infrastructure is on a flatbed trailer they sunk into the ground, all they have to do is dig it out and boom, portable show

world of color will be moving to epcot for the second half of walt disney world's 50th anniversary, and paint the night will be moving to magic kingdom for a limited time open-ended run only so see it while you can!

Disney Analyst

Although I did notice on another video, they do still have John before that moment, on other side of the lagoon... but not the kiss moment?

So I'm not sure...

(time stamp of sequence showing John Smith still on right of lagoon, but also the missing kiss)

CaptinEO

Although I did notice on another video, they do still have John before that moment, on other side of the lagoon... but not the kiss moment?

So I'm not sure...

(time stamp of sequence showing John Smith still on right of lagoon, but also the missing kiss)

I'm amazed Johny Depp is still in this considering he said Disney fired him from Pirates.

Emmanuel

The Fantasmic dining package at Riverbelle Terrace and the "On-the-Go" package at Hungry Bear are now available to reserve. The dining package at Blue Bayou isn't available to reserve yet but will be soon.

The On the Go package at Hungry bear price went up to $35. Previously it was $30.

Purduevian

The Fantasmic dining package at Riverbelle Terrace and the "On-the-Go" package at Hungry Bear are now available to reserve. The dining package at Blue Bayou isn't available to reserve yet but will be soon.

The On the Go package at Hungry bear price went up to $35. Previously it was $30.
Are you actually able to see reservations or are they already all sold out? I'm going late June and it says neither that or Hungry Bear has any availability

Emmanuel

Are you actually able to see reservations or are they already all sold out? I'm going late June and it says neither that or Hungry Bear has any availability

It appears they've been fully booked. You can see about doing either the dining package or the Hungry Bear on the go as a walk-up

Purduevian

It appears they've been fully booked. You can see about doing either the dining package or the Hungry Bear on the go as a walk-up
Well I am not smart:
"
Savor a delectable Southern-style meal at lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

You can choose from our regular menu or from special items offered only to Fantasmic! Dining Package Guests.

River Belle Terrace lunch or dinner Guests can request the Standard Package from their server. It cannot be reserved in advance. Availability is limited."

I now have a 6:00pm dinner reservation and plan to request the standard Package! Also have alerts in case Blue Bayou opens up!

Emmanuel

Well I am not smart:
"
Savor a delectable Southern-style meal at lunch or dinner and receive a voucher admitting you to a separate reserved viewing location for one of the 2 Fantasmic! performances that evening.

You can choose from our regular menu or from special items offered only to Fantasmic! Dining Package Guests.

River Belle Terrace lunch or dinner Guests can request the Standard Package from their server. It cannot be reserved in advance. Availability is limited."

I now have a 6:00pm dinner reservation and plan to request the standard Package! Also have alerts in case Blue Bayou opens up!

Appears they're going with how they're doing the World of Color dining packages where you make a normal reservation then ask for it upon check in. Reserving the Riverbelle package online is for the premium package where you watch the show from the restaurant

For the Hungry Bear Package, online reservations are recommended

wtyy21

Any F! Soft Open Hopes?????
Don't know. But, if Disney surprise us with soft opening day of F!, anyone will have a chance to see DL Forever at RoA for the first time since 2019 and F! Soft open will obviously streamed live like MSEP.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Unlikely. This Friday is the last day of Star Wars Nite and Monday-Thurs has the Mark Twain listed as closing at 9pm.
Not a problem really but, I find it interesting that Friday of Memoral Weekend is a SW Night....What was planned first SW or MSEP/F!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom