News Fantasmic! and World of Color to return in 2022

wtyy21

It seems that most vloggers and medias that already seen MSEP and DL Forever surprise media preview night on Wednesday will come to DCA to see World of Color comeback rather than watching first official return of two DL nighttime spectaculars.

flurbyblurb

Some videos of the WoC cast member preview last night have been posted, and sadly it seems like the fountains are in worse shape than ever. SO many missing. Also missing laser effects near the beginning and the large fireball at the end of the Pirates segment, though these can change day-to-day. (Lasers specifically I believe are disabled when there's air traffic nearby.) But it's pretty disappointing to see just as many broken fountains as before, if not more. The smaller flame shooters and the "blow pop" fountains in the middle also have several missing from what I can see.

Last edited:

VJ

Original Poster
Some videos of the WoC cast member preview last night have been posted, and sadly it seems like the fountains are in worse shape than ever. SO many missing. Also missing laser effects near the beginning and the large fireball at the end of the Pirates segment, though these can change day-by-day. (Lasers specifically I believe are disabled when there's air traffic nearby.) But it's pretty disappointing to see just as many broken fountains as before, if not more. The smaller flame shooters and the "blow pop" fountains in the middle also have several missing from what I can see.

disney can't focus on the details or on adding new things to the show when it keeps breaking every year

Phroobar

It makes me wonder what contractors they are using to build these systems. Lowest bidder isn't always the way to go. Knowing the Imagineers, it is probably overly engineered. You don't see the Bellagio Fountains die all the time.

Rides go down every day. Doesn't anyone ask why the failure rate is so high?

MoonRakerSCM

I'm not going to lie, I am utterly shocked that the show is in the state it is after being down for such a long period of time.

Disney had years to do some basic maintenance on the show and did absolutely nothing.

Disney Analyst

Did they do any major full runs before last night? Hadn’t heard of guests seeing testing from Grand Cali.

In any case, platforms are up it looks like. Hopefully they are trying to get some of the broken stuff working for tonight…

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2022-04-22 at 1.50.53 PM.png

World of Color Dining packages unavailable today.

Phroobar

I'm not going to lie, I am utterly shocked that the show is in the state it is after being down for such a long period of time.

Disney had years to do some basic maintenance on the show and did absolutely nothing.
They could have done all of these projects during those two years but instead they mothballed the place and ignored maintenance. I guess when there isn't any income coming it, that is what the latest multimedia company in the world does to save pennies in order to spend dollars later. That is just bad management from the likes of TDA.

flurbyblurb

It makes me wonder what contractors they are using to build these systems. Lowest bidder isn't always the way to go. Knowing the Imagineers, it is probably overly engineered. You don't see the Bellagio Fountains die all the time.

Here's an interesting video, and here's an article, about maintenance of the Bellagio fountains. According to those they have a team of about 30 responsible for maintenance, and they keep 13 spares of the Oarsmen fountains on hand (the ones that actually move and "dance").

If anything you'd think Disney could get those fountains at the very start of the show all working, or at least rearrange them so that there aren't "bald spots" (by grouping all the broken ones together on the sides, working ones in the middle). Unless of course it's an underlying infrastructure issue that prevents them from doing this, which based on what we know about WoC could be the case...

I'm glad the show is back but I'm just really sad to see it in this state. It's a beautiful technological marvel when it's working properly.

PiratesMansion

DL website still does not have park hours for June. WTH?
Unfortunately that's standard DL behavior. They'll only post about six weeks of hours at a time.

They'll slowly appear, day by day.

Thankfully they tend to be pretty predictable. Assume 8 AM to 10 PM for DCA and 8 AM to Midnight for DL. The only real exceptions to that would be in the unlikely event of a special event or if you're going very, very early in the month.

Ghost93

Once again Disney is completely ignoring Princess Eilonwy and Gurgi.
The Black Cauldron was a critical and commercial flop and the movie is fairly obscure.

I personally like the animation of the movie, the voice work and character design of the Horned King and that Disney was TRYING to tell a dark and epic fantasy movie. But the main characters are bland, the world-building is terrible and the story is a bit of a mess. People like to say the Black Cauldron flopped because it was too scary, but the reality is it's just not a very good film.

jrhwdw

Unfortunately that's standard DL behavior. They'll only post about six weeks of hours at a time.

They'll slowly appear, day by day.

Thankfully they tend to be pretty predictable. Assume 8 AM to 10 PM for DCA and 8 AM to Midnight for DL. The only real exceptions to that would be in the unlikely event of a special event or if you're going very, very early in the month.
F! is not up either yet.............

SuddenStorm

Oftentimes ride shut downs are from guest error- taking to long to load, bags falling on the track, etc.

MoonRakerSCM

Fireworks stopped shooting halfway through the show just before Frozen. We're hiding over in tomorrowland, I assume that main Street looks like Ukraine right now.

TTA94

Are they even trying to fix the broken fountains?

Returning World of Color was probably forced on them because DCA needed a nighttime show and they felt bringing back World of Color was a cheaper option than fixing Paint The Nights issues and paying performers.

Disney Analyst

Are they even trying to fix the broken fountains?

Returning World of Color was probably forced on them because DCA needed a nighttime show and they felt bringing back World of Color was a cheaper option than fixing Paint The Nights issues and paying performers.

There were some slight improvements between CM event and last night. Still many broken.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom