Family staying in same hotel room on school trip

I LUV POOH

Original Poster
My son and I are going on a school trip to Disney in May (WOO-HOO!!). We will have tickets through the travel company the school has booked the trip though. My daughter and son-in-law would like to come down and buy their own tickets and stay with us in the same room to save money. We are booked at the All Stars Resorts. Will Disney allow this and if they do will they give us a parking pass for my daughter's car?

HRHPrincessAriel

I would check with the trips sponsor to make sure they are ok with this. They might have guidelines they have to adhere to with their tour company. I know when I take my kiddos my agent does. Please don't put your director/coach/sponsor in an awkward position.

I would start with sponsor 1st and see where they direct you. I'd be miffed if a parent went to the company over me 1st. I'm the point of contact. The companies don't need random parents contacting them.

Last edited:

cw1982

Speaking as a former high school cheer coach, I can say that at the very least they would probably not be able to ride out there with you if you are using school transportation. Definitely check with the school officials in charge of the trip for the rest. If they booked the trip, they may have to be the ones to make changes to the names on the rosters.

Dwarful

Do you know what company your school is using? We are going in Feb. with my daughter's high school. Similar situation....but we are driving ourselves. Per the school policy, travel company and Disney we had no problems adding my niece and mom to our room. I'd start directly with the travel company. We also upped our passes for this summers trip to Annual passes ...after crunching the numbers it was cheaper to do it this way and deduct the ticket prices from the cost of the band trip. Good luck.

I LUV POOH

Original Poster
My son and I are riding down in a chartered bus and my daughter and son-in-law are driving their car. Also I talked with the teacher that is over the trip and she said it was ok with her if they stayed in the same room. So I'm really wondering about getting them a parking pass. I hadn't thought about getting charged for extra adults!

HRHPrincessAriel

My son and I are riding down in a chartered bus and my daughter and son-in-law are driving their car. Also I talked with the teacher that is over the trip and she said it was ok with her if they stayed in the same room. So I'm really wondering about getting them a parking pass. I hadn't thought about getting charged for extra adults!
I'd have her ask the company then! They may be able to add on for you!

Dwarful

I'd ask at the front desk for the parking pass. Even on our trip those parents who are riding the charter bus down to WDW some are renting a vehicle so one day they can go check out HP at Uni.

I LUV POOH

Original Poster
I'd ask at the front desk for the parking pass. Even on our trip those parents who are riding the charter bus down to WDW some are renting a vehicle so one day they can go check out HP at Uni.

Ok thanks!! I'll ask at the front desk when we get there.

dreamfinder

The front desk should be able to provide you with a parking pass. It should $15 per adult if more than 2 are in the room. Depending on how the room is booked/paid for, you may need to wait until you actually check in to add them to the room.

mickeysshoes

In the past I have added my DD to our room by going to the front desk. They added her for a small per night fee and gave her a key card. Now I have to admit that she is a cast member so I don't know if that played a part in being able to do that or if the fee was less because of it. I would first make sure the group that this will be ok.

slappy magoo

Please before you do anything else, go "up the chain" in the school and make sure the principal and anyone else who needs to be OK with this decision is OK with it.

It may be overkill, it may be totally fine, especially if you're just going on the trip as well as opposed to being a chaperone (you didn't specify). But it's possible that various aspects of the trip are being insured, including the rooms. If 2 people are in the room that are not part of the school trip's manifest, and something happens in the room then it becomes an issue as to who's responsible. I'm sure you and your family are all responsible people and wouldn't jeopardize the trip, but if the trip IS insured, then the school is probably under contract to adhere to certain policies, and one of those policies might be "no one else beyond who's on the school trip is allowed to be in a room booked through the school." And the teacher who's totally cool with it might not be aware of those policies and just think it's great that so many people want to share the experience of the trip. Know the policies that the school must adhere to before making a plan like that; I'd hate to know that your hopes were dashed by not investigating. And I can't imagine anyone would fault you for wanting to be sure it's OK to bring more family on the trip, even if they're not on the bus but just in the room.

Last edited:

HRHPrincessAriel

Please before you do anything else, go "up the chain" in the school and make sure the principal and anyone else who needs to be OK with this decision is OK with it.

It may be overkill, it may be totally fine, especially if you're just going on the trip as well as opposed to being a chaperone (you didn't specify). But it's possible that various aspects of the trip is being insured, including the rooms. If 2 people are in the room that are not part of the school trip's manifest, and something happens in the room then it becomes an issue as to who's responsible. I'm sure you and your family are all responsible people and wouldn't jeopardize the trip, but if the trip IS insured, then the school is probably under contract to adhere to certain policies, and one of those policies might be "no one else beyond who's on the school trip is allowed to be in a room booked through the school." And the teacher who's totally cool with it might not be aware of those policies and just think it's great that so many people want to share the experience of the trip. Know the policies that the school must adhere to before making a plan like that; I'd hate to know that your hopes were dashed by not investigating. And I can't imagine anyone would fault you for wanting to be sure it's OK to bring more family on the trip, even if they're not on the bus but just in the room.
If I could like this a million times I would. All people(parents) traveling "with" us have to go through a background check. It's sucks in this day and age but my district would also require it for something like your request. They are going to be in direct contact with the other kids essentially they are joining your trip.

I'd email the principal ccing the teacher saying you already discussed with her and just wanted to make sure from the principals side you are cool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom