Family of 6. Please Help

m&mmom

Next year my best friend of 30 years and I are planning a trip together with our families. I have a family of 4 and she has a family of 6. While my family can fit at any resort, she is having trouble findaing resort that the 6 of them can fit without breaking the budget. We prefer not to stay at the value because crowds are a bit too much for us in the summer and the deluxe are a bit too pricey. She is willing to get two rooms next each other if she can find a good deal. Anyone out there with a family of 6 that has some good ideas? Many thanks!

goofysgurl

If one of the 6 is 2 or under you can.

You can stay at POR - they have the rooms with the trundle so they accommodate 5 plus an infant (anyone 2 and under), we did this last year. POFQ only accommodate 4 per room plus the infant. I tried - I've always stayed there before and really prefer POFQ to all the mods.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can stay at POR - they have the rooms with the trundle so they accommodate 5 plus an infant (anyone 2 and under), we did this last year. POFQ only accommodate 4 per room plus the infant. I tried - I've always stayed there before and really prefer POFQ to all the mods.
My mistake....I read too quickly. You are correct Riverside is the only mod with the trundles that can accommodate a party of 5.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

My mistake....I read too quickly. You are correct Riverside is the only mod with the trundles that can accommodate a party of 5.

Since you're talking about a party of 4 and a party of 6, any chance one kid from the party of 6 can stay with the OP, making it 2 parties of 5, and then everyone can stay in 2 Riverside rooms with trundle beds?

I do think for that party of 6 a Value suite makes more sense, especially for the 2 bathrooms, if cost is that much of an issue. Otherwise, 2 rooms or a FW cabin.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since you're talking about a party of 4 and a party of 6, any chance one kid from the party of 6 can stay with the OP, making it 2 parties of 5, and then everyone can stay in 2 Riverside rooms with trundle beds?

I do think for that party of 6 a Value suite makes more sense, especially for the 2 bathrooms, if cost is that much of an issue. Otherwise, 2 rooms or a FW cabin.
That was one of the options I suggested. I guess I am not the only one who speed reads:D

Good to know I am in good company.:wave:

Upvote 0

Bri1121

Throughout the year the swan and dolphin offer some great rates! We are staying at the dolphin this August for $152 a night on a AAA discount. Two rooms at that price ain't bad! And it is a beautiful hotel at a great location. Just a thought!

Upvote 0

britdaw

If you're not opposed to staying off property, I'd look into renting a condo in the area. A couple years ago, my mom, aunt, and my cousins did this when they went down for a Beta club convention and Disney vacation and they got a GREAT deal on the condo. Especially if you're splitting the cost of the condo, you can really save money this way.

Upvote 0

pixiesteno

OP, I don't know if your families are the "outdoor" type at all but you can have up to 10 people at a Fort Wilderness Campsite or two sites together with tents or there are companies that rent RVs. Just a thought, and there are plenty of outdoor activities for children and adults. We love FW campgrounds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom