Trip Report Family Fun in the Hot, Hot Florida Sun!!

Hello All!! I'm back(unfortunately) from yet another wonderful trip to Walt Disney World. Lot's of fun & sweat(not trying to be gross but wow, was it ever nasty) was had by all!! Speaking of all--let me introduce you to our party of 10!! Most of these faces will be familiar to you but there are a few new ones in the mix!! I'll try to do this as simply as possible--
455035665.jpeg

From left to right(somewhat): My sister C, my niece E(C & D's daughter), R(not sure why he's looking so miserable) & myself, in front of me(white shirt) is my niece B, in the green is E's niece L, my niece A(C & D's youngest) is wearing the blue glasses(when she remembers to put them on--her last trip to Disney prior to this one she actually left them at homeo_O), then we have "the same old crew" E & J, and last but certainly not least is my BIL D.
Whew--I'm glad you've met most of these people in the past--otherwise this could get very confusing!!:p

C's family was there June 13th-27th. They stayed the first week at their timeshare right outside of Disney. They spent their second week at our favorite home away from home. The rest of us were there June 18th-25th.

I'm looking forward to reliving the trip with you all--everything but the heat that is!! A big welcome to everyone reading out there!!:)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

It was time for lunch. E & I were super excited that PizzeRizzo was open again!!

IMG_1444.PNG

IMG_1445.JPEG

IMG_1446.JPEG

We all mobile ordered & the food was ready in no time at all!!
IMG_1447.JPEG

Pepperoni pizza for R & B. I got the antipasto salad.
IMG_1448.JPEG

B & E decided they wanted to sit at the table next to us. I guess they didn't want us to hear their conversation?? L joined them.
IMG_1449.JPEG

At one point I thought the guy standing up was R. But, it obviously wasn't considering he was sitting next to me!!
IMG_1450.JPEG

The salad was great as always!!
IMG_1451.JPEG

I really liked the upstairs. This was the first time I ate up there. A & J played with the hula hoops for a little when they were done eating. I wanted to join them but I didn't want to embarrass them. I did enough of that when YMCA came on & I started dancing to that. Actually, it was the older kids that were more embarrassed!!
IMG_1452.JPEG

IMG_1453.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

I went with B, E & A to ride Star Tours while the rest of the crew went to Baseline.
IMG_1455.JPEG

IMG_1456.JPEG

A CM yelled at me for taking this picture. She said that I couldn't stop to take pictures b/c the line needed to keep moving--there was no one behind me:rolleyes:
IMG_1457.JPEG

It had been awhile since I had been on Star Tours so I was excited to be going on!!
IMG_1458.JPEG

After returning from another galaxy we met back up with the rest of the family. They were content with hanging out in Baseline for a bit longer. It was pretty warm out & they were enjoying the a/c with a cold beer.
IMG_1459.JPEG

IMG_1460.JPEG

The look on J's face is interesting....
IMG_1461.JPEG

A few of us went to the bathroom. A was dumbfounded & asked me what these were all about!! She's 7 so I guess she wouldn't know what a payphone is!! Boy, that made me feel old!!
IMG_1462.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

While they ordered another round E, B & I went to RNRC as single riders.
B's name came up. I was excited to see that!!
IMG_1463.JPEG

IMG_1465.JPEG

IMG_1466.JPEG

Quite blurry but that's E.
IMG_1468.JPEG

After our limo ride I saw these pins in the gift shop. I thought they were pretty cute!!
IMG_1471.JPEG

B looks like she's crying but she wasn't. She really enjoys this ride!!
455528854.jpeg

I look like I'm sleeping...
455529339.jpeg

We stopped for a few PP pics when we exited.
455531903.jpeg

455531939.jpeg

455532051.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

Now for the moment that I wasn't quite looking forward to.....
IMG_1472.JPEG

B had never been on it. The last few times she was at Disney she was too scared to go on. She really wanted to go on this time & she said she was going to do it. Great--lucky me.... I know she would have been fine going on with E & L but I felt better being on there with her since it was her first time. She didn't know what to expect & she was a little nervous so I figured she would be more comfortable if I was there. I texted B's mom & told her that she was going on & she got nervous for her. She told me to let her know how she did.

B's not smiling like the other two are!!
IMG_1473.JPEG

IMG_1475.JPEG

IMG_1476.JPEG

Great--row 2. Not only am I not a big fan of the ride but now I have to sit in the front row also!!:cry:
IMG_1477.JPEG

Once the ride started I could see just how nervous B was. She had her hand on top of mine & wouldn't let go. It felt like she was squeezing the life right out of it.
IMG_1478.JPEG

End result.......she loved it!!:)
455562700.jpeg

And that wouldn't be the last time she checked into that hotel either!!

The rest of the crew was still in........you guessed it, Baseline!! E & B went to ride Star Tours again. I decided to join the Baseline crew for a beer. I needed it after riding ToT!!
IMG_1481.JPEG

IMG_1482.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

Once E & B got back we were all together at Baseline. I tried to get a nice picture of the young ones together.
IMG_1483.JPEG

Thanks J....
IMG_1484.JPEG

Much better!!
IMG_1485.JPEG

The kids got popcorn from the machine in the Sci-Fi waiting area.
IMG_1487.JPEG

IMG_1488.JPEG

Leave it to our family--we make sure to get a nice group photo in the bar!!:hilarious:
IMG_1811.jpeg

IMG_1813.jpeg

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG

I could see that the kids were getting pretty bored. Our dinner reservation was at 4:40 & it was a little after 4. I asked them if any of them wanted to go see The Muppets. They all rolled their eyes at me. I looked on the app & it said that Olaf had a 10 minute wait & they were good with that. R said he would come with us. As we got up a CM came into Baseline & called us to be seated. I told them that our reservation wasn't for awhile & we hadn't even checked in yet. They said that we did & even requested a high chair. Where were they coming from with this?? I took the kids & left the rest of them to find out what was going on. R ended up going back to Baseline while we were in line & he called me to say that they realized they made a mistake & checked us in instead of another party. And-----get ready for this one(as we're like the next family to go in to see Olaf). They said that if we didn't get seated right then(it was still before our reservation time) that they couldn't guarantee that we would be seated at our reservation time & it would probably be later. Really???? I was floored. I told R to tell them there was no way I was getting out of Olaf's line when we were so close esp. for something that was their mistake. Unbelievable......I was quite irritated with the way they handled that.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

So, with the Sci-Fi disaster going on I took the kids to remove them for what could have turned potentially ugly. I don't get irritated often but when I do I have absolutely no filter so it was better I left E to deal with the reservation issue. R got aggravated when we got in line & said there was no way it was only a 10 minute wait so that's why he left & went back to Baseline. When he called to tell me to come back(way before our reservation time) b/c they said we would most likely be seated late if we didn't right then he ended up catching the brunt of my anger. Trust me, I didn't make a scene but I firmly told him to tell them that this was ridiculous & I refused to get out of the line & come back right then. Let's just say my tone was very harsh. I ended up cutting him off on the phone b/c it was our turn to meet Olaf.
IMG_1489.JPEG

IMG_1490.JPEG

IMG_1491.JPEG

IMG_1492.JPEG

IMG_1493.JPEG

IMG_1494.JPEG

455639404.jpeg

455639448.jpeg

455639473.jpeg

I was glad that we met him b/c it was something new but the interaction was pretty much nonexistent. We made it back to Sci-Fi for our correct reservation time & were seated pretty much immediately. They're lucky;) C's family had a reservation at Mama Melrose so they went there & we planned to meet up after dinner.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

So, it was hot, we had the reservation issue, Olaf wasn't the greatest meet & now we were having dinner at Sci-Fi. Could life get any worse at that moment?:hilarious: It's not that it's horrible but it's just average. R always wants to eat here b/c he likes the atmosphere. I get it but it's not worth sacrificing food quality b/c you like the atmosphere. Another battle I obviously don't win with him b/c we eat here every time he comes to Disney. On the bright side it was a new experience for B & L. I'm always excited for someone(including myself) to do something new when they're in Disney. IMO it adds a special touch to the trip.
IMG_1497.JPEG

E & J sat in the first row of our car. B & L were in the second followed my R & myself.
IMG_1498.JPEG

R got an Oreo milkshake. He really enjoyed it.
IMG_1499.JPEG

He also got this but I didn't take notes as to what it was. Maybe a Long Island??
IMG_1500.JPEG

I went with a Pinot Grigio. I ended up having 2. Don't judge--after the last hour or so I needed it!!
IMG_1501.JPEG

The one thing I will say that I like about Sci-Fi is how quiet it is. Between everyone being focused on the cheesy movie clips, the darkness & the way the seats are set up it really makes for minimal conversation. So, it was really startling when pretty much every phone in the place went off simultaneously.
And this would be why....
IMG_1502.PNG

For once I was glad we were at Sci-Fi!! However, knowing my family if we weren't there we would probably still have been at Baseline!!

Here's what the radar looked like at that point. It looked like it was going to be a rainy night to say the least.
IMG_1503.PNG

I know it's blurry but J had spied that R had a glow cube in his drink.
IMG_1505.JPEG

He wouldn't rest until R handed it over.
IMG_1507.JPEG

Meanwhile, I can't imagine how many he's gotten over the years!! But, he acts like it is something special each time!!
IMG_1509.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

Before I continue on with dinner I was just looking at my notes & realized I forgot to mention that while everyone was hanging out at Baseline & I was with the girls on ToT R took J & A to Launch Bay. They apparently met Chewbacca, Kylo Ren & BB8. I say apparently b/c I have no photographic evidence. R didn't have his band b/c E had it so she could use his FP. R said that J was clinging on to him for dear life when they met Kylo Ren. Since I have no photos I was going to skip over even mentioning that they went there but I couldn't--this is too funny. R told me that when they walked out of Baseline he realized he didn't know where to go. He started going the wrong way so A(who's 7) & J(who's 4) had to show him the way!!:hilarious: I thought that was hysterical!!

Back to Sci-Fi....
I had the Oven-Roasted Turkey Sandwich. It was on a multi-grain bun & it was pretty good. The salad was good also.
IMG_1510.JPEG

R had a burger but I didn't get a picture. He also got another milkshake(chocolate this time). He really likes his sweets!!
IMG_1511.JPEG

Overall the meal was decent but again it's not a favorite of mine. But I'm sure I'll be back on R's next trip to Disney!!
IMG_1512.JPEG

I thought this photo turned out pretty good considering how dark it is in there.
IMG_2423.JPG

We came out to rain. C's family was done at Mama Melrose's & they texted to say they were going to leave b/c of the rain.
IMG_1513.JPEG

We decided to head out also.
IMG_1514.JPEG

It was raining hard enough that the ponchos had to be brought out. It looks like R & L were enjoying it though!!
IMG_1515.JPEG

I can't believe it's been 30 years!!
IMG_1516.JPEG

We'd be back a few more times so I wasn't too bummed to be leaving!!
IMG_1517.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

Notice E up ahead of us?? When we walk in the mornings she always says we(I have a german shepherd, Bella, & I bring her with me) walk too fast. I tell her she's ridiculous & when we're in Disney she's always speeding through ahead of everyone else while pushing the stroller. She says it b/c the crowds get on her nerves.
IMG_1518.JPEG

IMG_1521.JPEG

Yay--a Riverside bus was waiting!!
IMG_1522.JPEG

IMG_1523.JPEG

IMG_1524.JPEG

J was still hanging on to his glow cube!!
IMG_1525.JPEG

Thank goodness we left when we did!!
IMG_1526.JPEG

You can't see it in the picture but I took this to remind myself that there was water leaking into the bus from there.
IMG_1528.JPEG

J was shouting out the different models of cars that we would drive by.
IMG_1529.JPEG

Almost back at POR!!
IMG_1530.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19TH

When we got back we saw this towel creation in our room. Cute!! It stayed there all week--and it's the only one we got!!
IMG_1531.JPEG

We went to the arcade for awhile. I've always wanted to try the massage chairs they have in there. I decided I would that day. Wow--was that ever painful!! It was the longest 10 minutes of my life. I have back & neck issues so I thought it might help a bit--wrong!! R looked at my face at one point & said that he could tell I was extremely uncomfortable. He was right!! I think I'll stick with my chiropractor!!
IMG_1532.JPEG

IMG_1534.JPEG

Family hoops!!
IMG_1536.JPEG

IMG_1537.JPEG

B asked me to go in the photo booth with her!!
IMG_1550.jpeg

We went to The River Roost & decided to give the Tater Tots another try.
Much better serving than the night before. Maybe they were running low the day before??🤔
IMG_1538.JPEG

B got a cupcake from The Riverside Mill.
IMG_1539.JPEG

And, as it was on our June trip the year before, YeHaa Bob was on vacation!!😞 I couldn't believe what crappy luck that was. When I got his newsletter a few weeks before the trip I was so bummed. Lucky for C & her family they were able to see him a few times. A few shows before he went away & one when he got back.
IMG_1540.JPEG

This was his replacement.
IMG_1541.JPEG

We headed back around 9:15. E had went back with J a bit earlier so we walked L to her room.

Loco_driver

I was standing on the MK boat dock to get to ft wilderness when the tornado warning happened. Probably the most terrifying experience we’ve had at Disney. There really was nowhere for us to go! We ended up on one of the large boats that pulled up, they advised us it was our best option. We were stuck on the boat for about 45 minutes, luckily we did make it to HDDR on time, but soaked!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JUNE 20TH

Since E & I decided to meet at 6 instead of 6:30 to walk it was still dark when I headed out.
The quiet pool outside of our room.
IMG_1545.JPEG

We veered off the walking path a bit & walked through the parking lots at FQ.
IMG_1546.JPEG

Then we cut through the lobby. It was so quiet--not a soul(other than CM's)was in there.
IMG_1547.JPEG

I just love Riverside!!
IMG_1548.JPEG

IMG_1549.PNG

I came back & showered. Then I woke R & B up. I told them the plan was to leave in about an hour. R was irritated & said that didn't give him enough time to get ready. Ummm--I didn't know I was his personal alarm clock.

I went to The Riverside Mill while they were getting ready. I got R his apples & juice. B wanted chocolate chip pancakes with bacon. I didn't think they had them with chocolate chips to which she said she would have plain ones. But, regardless of whether they were chocolate chip or plain she stressed that she needed butter & syrup.
IMG_1551.JPEG

When I saw how much food was in B's meal I decided not to get anything for myself. I knew she would never eat all that. They did have chocolate chip pancakes!! She only ate 1 of the 3 pancakes & one piece of bacon. As for the syrup & butter--she never opened any of them. I ended up having a couple strips of bacon & one of the pancakes.

E & her crew got on an earlier bus than us. I was really pushing for us to get there b/c we had a 9:25 FP for EE. We needed to use our FP's right away b/c we were meeting a friend of mine for the 10:00 FotLK show. It was 8:40 when we got on the bus. On the way there I had to listen to R still complaining about how I should have woke him up earlier :rolleyes: We were almost at AK & it hit me like a ton of bricks--I didn't take my meds before I left. I told R what I just realized. He disagreed with me & said that he saw me taking the meds out of the refrigerator so I must have taken it. I had to clarify that I did take the refrigerated meds(I have MS & I give myself a shot once a week) but I didn't take my regular 8 pills/vitamins that I take every morning. Thinking about that make me realize that I didn't take a pill the evening before that I was supposed to take. R asked if I wanted to go back so I could take them. I told him no. I thought about the meds--everything could wait until later that day. I told him there were only 2 that I was somewhat concerned about--my high blood pressure & my heart rate pills. I told him that without those a ride on Everest might do me in for sure!!
IMG_1552.JPEG

We arrived at AK. R said he really didn't want to go on EE b/c he doesn't like when it goes backwards. Since we were in a hurry I asked him to take my bag so B & I could go through the line for guests without bags. He did & off we went.
IMG_1553.JPEG

On the way in we saw Divine. I told B to stand by her so I could get a picture. I think she was a bit creeped out & told me that she didn't want to!
IMG_1554.JPEG

lindawdw

I'm with ya on the mediocre food at Sci-Fi and the service was so lacking a couple year back when we went, that we decided to take it off our must eat at list of restaurants.;) They actually lost our reservation and kept calling all these families that had checked in after us so when I finally brought it to their attention, they get us seated in the drive in which is not a car! They said they didn't have anything left. Ugh, I was not a happy camper. Sorry that you had so much rain on this trip but you all seemed to make the most of it and enjoyed yourselves anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom