Familiar Smells

Fantasmic!329

edwardtc said:
...I smell WDW Air Conditioning in the summer once in a while, when it's really humid and I have MAX AC on in my car. Mmmmm....
I love that smell!! :lookaroun

There was something the other day that smelt like WDW. I can't remember what it was though. :veryconfu

WDWPrnces02

hmm i love these threads.....:( :) :(

Well first smell that reminds me of Disney is.......When im at my grandparents in the winter, they out have the fire going in the basement....It imediately takes me to Spaceship Earth's Rome Scene......

The second one is kinda silly......When im at work (wendy's) , I would get bucket of ice to fill the bins for the front counter an the drive through.....as I scoop some ice in the scooper i hit with a hotel room smell......its hard to describe...but thats what it reminds me of.......Has this happened to anyone else??????:confused:

Last and hopefully not least....Sunblock......which is self explanitory.....:animwink: :lol: :cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Fantasmic!329 said:
I love that smell!! :lookaroun

There was something the other day that smelt like WDW. I can't remember what it was though. :veryconfu
That happens to me also, I get this fleeting whiff of something inexplicable and un-definable that takes me to WDW.:wave:

Tom

Beta Return
WDWPrnces02 said:
The second one is kinda silly......When im at work (wendy's) , I would get bucket of ice to fill the bins for the front counter an the drive through.....as I scoop some ice in the scooper i hit with a hotel room smell......its hard to describe...but thats what it reminds me of.......Has this happened to anyone else??????:confused:

That's the hot discharge air plus the chilled lines and water combined into the Disney Hotel Air Conditioner smell! And YES! I've smelled it too when being around commercial ice makers!

its kind of a weird one because im from the uk whenever i go into a pub i compare the smell and overall look of the pub to the Rose and Crown in Epcot. which by the way is my favourite place to eat to illuminations.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
disneydude2000 said:
its kind of a weird one because im from the uk whenever i go into a pub i compare the smell and overall look of the pub to the Rose and Crown in Epcot. which by the way is my favourite place to eat to illuminations.
Another instance of life imitating art.

Rora

I got this gym bag as a gift. And the rubber inside of it has this Disney smell to it. I haven't been able to put my finger on what it's from specifically. But I know it's something from the parks. I look forward to going this summer in hopes of finally figuring it out. But for now, it's nice to end a work out with something that reminds me of Disney :)

tiring_day

My smell that rushes me back to the land of the mouse is the smell of Coconutty Sun Tan lotion. This takes me straight back to Typhoon Lagoon.

I never was sure if the smell was all the people lathering on the lotion or if the coconut smell was something that Disney pumped in.

Steve

Steamboat_Kevin

Damn near everything I smell I can somehow associate with WDW! Lots of times I can't think of exactly what it smells like, but I know it's WDW.

rubysparky77

TOT Odor

The other day I was in Washington D.C. and I went to visit the Supreme Court. As I walked into the visitor's gallery, I smelled the Tower of Terror smell. I made the comment to one of my friends and he's like "You know what, you're right, it does smell like ToT!"

Very weird how you can be in one of the most important court rooms in the world and the first thing you think about is ToT!!!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Whenever I go to the mall by my house there is this huge fountain in the middle of it. The smell of the water there smells just like the GCH at Poly. Sometimes I will just sit by the fountain, close my eyes, and try to pretend I am in Disney.

*there's no place like home.*

tiring_day

Not neccesarily a Disney smell but definitely a Disney Vacation smell I got the other day was when I got into my car and had a sudden whiff of that New Car (which mine isn't) smell that you always get when you pick up a hire car at the airport.

Steve

makonyy15

When leaving the high school around here or any school in general and you get that bus smell, first thing that comes to mind are the Disney buses.

Another crazy thing was it was a mild morning the other day for NY at this time of year like 55 and I was outside in shorts and all of a sudden I got that smell of sitting on a balcony overlooking the boardwalk in the morning when there's the occasional jogger or family venturing to the parks, it didn't last long but it was crazy!:sohappy:

Another thing is when I hear a certain song, not Disney related, i get reminded of Disney because it was on the radio constantly during our vacation or something.

Ah 7 days!

mickeysgal

I love the smell of the soap in the bathrooms...so I make sure that I buy the similar smell (Cherry Almond), just so I have those little memories.

Parker in NYC

I took a Lyft today that smelled like the monorail's gentle combination of urine and pleather. Sigh, it took me back.

And yes:

52670-1351696218-2c5df31a6745dc132c3f39a55412ae24.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom