Fall 2015 itineraries

5thGenTexan

I have to say that living in Texas there were a ton of people sad to see them leave Galveston. Many people just couldn't make it work budget wise etc when they first came, but were saving and hopeful they would return. I am super excited to have them back here...a 4 hour drive is much better than a plane flight :)

Things will be different soon, at least for folks in the DFW area. Southwest made the announcement this morning that there wil be two nonstop flights from Dallas Love Field to MCO. $99 flights. That is huge considering what we had to choose from previously.

sweetpee_1993

Things will be different soon, at least for folks in the DFW area. Southwest made the announcement this morning that there wil be two nonstop flights from Dallas Love Field to MCO. $99 flights. That is huge considering what we had to choose from previously.
Must be nice. HOU is maybe 4 miles from us as the crow flies. That's a hub for Southwest and the lowest we seem to find non-stops to MCO is in the $150 range but that's super rare. Mostly the cheap flights are $189 each way. :facepalm:

5thGenTexan

Must be nice. HOU is maybe 4 miles from us as the crow flies. That's a hub for Southwest and the lowest we seem to find non-stops to MCO is in the $150 range but that's super rare. Mostly the cheap flights are $189 each way. :facepalm:

Its rare to find anything out of Dallas to MCO under $200, and most out of Love Field approaching $300, and none are non stop. I had all but given up on traveling to Florida for any reason. Airfare for 4 of us was prohibitive. With the restrictions being curtailed, it is a game changer for us.

As soon as they let us lowly Silver people ;) book, we are gonna go out of Galveston one more time.

TDF

Hey guys long time no see! Anyway, I follow cruise lines very closely... they are my new found love after Disney and I for the life of me cannot understand these assignments.

Magic:
- Miami? Okay not a huge surprise... I thought for sure we would see some NYC sailings or Canada sailings before heading back down to Florida.

Wonder:
- Hawaii? Not a bad itinerary, I was expecting it but the way they are doing the itinerary is pretty much ridiculous. Two things... people don't like one ways, especially when to do a back to back isn't really good. Second, why are they returning back to Vancouver? It would make more sense to do Vancouver Hawaii.... Hawaii.... San Diego with a stop in Ensenada or even Cabo.
- Baja? Not really bad, actually quite interesting. Carnival does only 3/4/7 nights the 5 nights should do pretty well.
- Galveston? HA... that's funny. Carnival bases 3 ships and Royal is basing one of the biggest they have there so here comes Disney. Honestly, I don't see them having a chance at surviving.

Dream:
- Yay for Bahamas we all know they sell.

Fantasy:
- Finally tortla! Can't wait to see this itinerary succeed.
- Back to the Western Caribbean for ya.

Also what happen to New Orleans, or even Tampa, that would be awesome!
Plus if they did Southern Caribbeans during the holiday time... I would book one in a second, those would sell like hot cakes.

PolynesianPrincess

Do we know if they are going to be southern Caribbean next fall?! That's the one we are looking to do! If we have to we will go on Royal Caribbean if they're not offering it but would rather stay on DCL!

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Do we know if they are going to be southern Caribbean next fall?! That's the one we are looking to do! If we have to we will go on Royal Caribbean if they're not offering it but would rather stay on DCL!

Looks like southern Caribbean in fall 2015 out of san juan.

sissa216

I have to say.... I think I need to make Hawaii happen! I have always wanted to go there and my husband says the only way he'd ever go is on a cruise. Aaaannnnddddd, it just so happens to fall on our tenth wedding anniversary and since we got married on a DCL trip, we pretty much HAVE to go, right????

I'm going to have to agree- I don't think there's any way out of it. You have to :)

PolynesianPrincess

Nope, don't think so. 2014 this upcoming September and October only. No 2015 Southern Caribbean cruises. Huge disappointment.

that definitely is a bummer.I'm wondering if they southerns aren't doing so well? I checked last night and saw the ones in Sept are offering discounted rates. I also priced out a 7 night southern itinerary for Sept 2015 on Royal Caribbean and for a conceirge suite with regular drink package, gratuity and insurance, it was coming up just over what we're paying for our 7 night Western this fall on the Fantasy for just an oceanview vernadah room with gratuity and tax. And we got a 10% discount on this years. Disney cruise prices are so high but we're nervous to go anywhere else because we know what we get for our money on DCL :)

mammaminnie

Original Poster
that definitely is a bummer.I'm wondering if they southerns aren't doing so well? I checked last night and saw the ones in Sept are offering discounted rates. I also priced out a 7 night southern itinerary for Sept 2015 on Royal Caribbean and for a conceirge suite with regular drink package, gratuity and insurance, it was coming up just over what we're paying for our 7 night Western this fall on the Fantasy for just an oceanview vernadah room with gratuity and tax. And we got a 10% discount on this years. Disney cruise prices are so high but we're nervous to go anywhere else because we know what we get for our money on DCL :)

I wonder if sales have to do with airfare costs to San Juan.....

PolynesianPrincess

I wonder if sales have to do with airfare costs to San Juan.....

I wondered that too. When I checked airfare for the dates of the trips this year, it was around $400 RT, which isn't TOO bad considering flight options to Orlando for our cruise in November are OVER $400 (not sure why but prices have skyrocketed up here in the Northeast lately for flights to MCO)

tracyandalex

I have to say that living in Texas there were a ton of people sad to see them leave Galveston. Many people just couldn't make it work budget wise etc when they first came, but were saving and hopeful they would return. I am super excited to have them back here...a 4 hour drive is much better than a plane flight :)

We are moving to Texas in 2 weeks and are very excited to see DCL return there. Living in Florida has afforded us the opportunity to take several cruises and we were definitely going to miss that. We are now ecstatic to see that we can get one in without airfare next year!

5thGenTexan

We are moving to Texas in 2 weeks and are very excited to see DCL return there. Living in Florida has afforded us the opportunity to take several cruises and we were definitely going to miss that. We are now ecstatic to see that we can get one in without airfare next year!

Be warned... the cruise terminal in Galveston aint Port Canaveral. :) It is ummmm more utilitarian. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D

Pooh'sBuddy

Welcome to Texas!

Be warned... the cruise terminal in Galveston aint Port Canaveral. :) It is ummmm more utilitarian. Yeah, that's the ticket. :D

You're being too kind.

mammaminnie

Original Poster
I agree that the terminal in Galveston is not nearly as "Disney" and welcoming as Port Canaveral :) Thankfully I always try to spend as little time as possible in the terminal ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom