Fake Animals on the Safari.

Disneyfan1981

was asked if Shamu is a Disney robot! I think some people are under the impression that everything in Orlando is controlled by Disney and we're all robots!

This is classic. You gotta love the idea that another park would buy a Disney Animatronic to center their whole theme around....

NASAMan

When KS first opened, you saw the dead body of Big Red sans tusks, to open the poacher chase scene. When I mentioned it being gone on a subsiquent visit, I was told that little kids could not see the line between the 'real' animals and the 'story'.

I also heard that the lions were to get a water trough disguised in the carcass of a dead zebra, so when they were drinking it would look to guests like they were helping themselves to fresh kill. It was decided to be too graphic.

So even though the friend of the OP is completely wrong, there is some fakery in KS's past.

cmatt

You probably "TOTALLY" blocked it out because the whole poacher plot is so unnecessary and actually lowers the quality of the attraction.

seconded :lookaroun

*grabs bullet proof vest*

be nice if they did what edinburgh zoo do - and just give an informative talk about the animals :lookaroun like they do at busch gardens when the bridge breaks down :lol: :rolleyes:

Lucky

It sounds like the OP's friend and the other people mentioned go to Disney DETERMINED not to be impressed...almost like it's a point of pride if they can get through a Disney vacation without going "wow." God Himself could probably split the clouds to tell them the animals are real and they'd yawn and say the park's PA system needed improving. :lol:
Actually it seems impossible to think they're fake and NOT be highly impressed. Consider what it would cost to produce fake animals that look and act like the safari animals do. That's why only an idiot could think they're fake: what possible reason would Disney have to use fake animals that would cost far more than real ones?

gjpjtj

I absolutely hate when I'm driving around and pointing out the animals and I hear from the row behind me "faaake."

You'd be suprised how many people (like your friend) think "just because it's Disney, it's all fake." I hear it at least once, sometimes several times a day.

This amazes me..........:hammer:

Irrawaddy Erik

....evidentially today we had fake rain on the safari. :brick: I'm driving around and it starts to sprinkle and the guy behind me says that "it's fake rain to add to the story." :brick:

frankd1962

After seeing the preshow to Fantasmic in 2000 it could be.

Back then they had two guys dressed liked they worked at Hollywood Towers come down to the fron and entertain us with juggling and stunts like chair stacking. When they got to the part about "No Smoking", they explained it was because the theater has a low ceiling. One of them looked up into the sky and point at the stars and Moon saying they looked so real. "It's that Disney magic they're always talking about.":lol:

OK this thread reminds me of one time while on KS there was a male elephant (VERY obviously male) on the side of the jeep. While we all pointed, took photos and laughed about it, the driver said nothing, and didn't even say anything about the elephant being there! My question is, to the KS drivers, "are you told NOT to mention animals in this situation?" And how do you not crack up??? I think that being a KS driver would be fun because you get to see different things all of the time! I bet you never get bored!

100% Real Wildlife!!!!!! Surely the animals in Harambe aren't fake. Wilson and Simba One wouldn't waste so much time trying to save them from poachers!!!

"Grow eyes for poachers."

GoofyMom2

Boy, it sure would make the keepers jobs a lot easier if they were fake....... :lol:

I have heard this "fake" line of thinking with croc species in other zoos and wildlife areas........because they don't move much, I have heard many say "Oh, they are just rubber". Yeah, walk over there and see how "rubber" they are!

PS Thanks for the inside info on the ostrich eggs, always wondered if they were replicas or blown out etc.....

Emanuel

Just wanna tell you something: all animals on KS are real. A fake baby elephant named Little Red used to be there but now there's no longer Little Red and whole focus is the real animals. The lions sits in the rock the whole time because the rock is air controlled, allowing the lions to feel very comfortable sitting in the rock. The crocs seems never move at all, but this is normal as they didn't move much except when hunting.

Driver

What's fake that I have not seen posted ( pardon if I missed it) is the sunset in the plains area to the left. When you go through there at dusk it looks like a beautiful sunset through the trees, in fact it is a series of large screens similar to drive in movies. It's a nice affect but it is a facade.

Driver

OK this thread reminds me of one time while on KS there was a male elephant (VERY obviously male) on the side of the jeep. While we all pointed, took photos and laughed about it, the driver said nothing, and didn't even say anything about the elephant being there! My question is, to the KS drivers, "are you told NOT to mention animals in this situation?" And how do you not crack up??? I think that being a KS driver would be fun because you get to see different things all of the time! I bet you never get bored!
Seems to me I read a post somewhere that a child said something like "hey look that elephant has five legs"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom